Confirmed with Link: RIP NHL Lockout (September 15th 2012 - January 12th 2013)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
Brooksie has some info on the Russians in the KHL

Told that NHLPA was able to talk players out of issuing statement...Ovechkin has returned, Datsyuk has pledged to honor last 2 yrs with Det

https://twitter.com/NYP_Brooksie/status/288701218035990529

Re: Kovalchuk story: told group of Russian players expressed concern to NHLPA on Friday abt returning to NHL, the key issue being escrow.

https://twitter.com/KatieStrangESPN/status/288701490216972288

Thankfully the Rangers don't like the Russians so they don't have these issues:)

Kovalchuk took less money in the first 2 years of his contract(last 2 years of the CBA) because Grossman thought the PA would do something about escrow.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
The less money the players make, the more likely it is that the KHL becomes a legitimate competitor league.

They need to get rid of some serious issues first, however. Don't like to bring it up but there have been some serious consequences with the lack of standards in that league.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
That was one positive about the lockout:sarcasm:

Yeah, haha. I think we all got into far fewer arguments with the herd thinned out a bit. ;)

The less money the players make, the more likely it is that the KHL becomes a legitimate competitor league.

They need to get rid of some serious issues first, however. Don't like to bring it up but there have been some serious consequences with the lack of standards in that league.

Yes, and it's such a topheavy league. The bottom half of the KHL is pretty damn weak, and they don't have nearly the money that the big clubs do. The lack of parity there is pretty significant. Far, far greater than in the NHL.

Eddy Punch Clock

Jack Adams 2028
Jun 13, 2007
Chillbillyville
So, so ready.

And this board is hilarious--in two days, I've seen about 20 posters that I haven't seen for months.

I'm sure every board is like that. Personally I had to put hockey completely right out of mind for the last four months... y'know... serenity now.

But what I came over to your board for was to ask what the hell is Sather going to do with Redden? Sather gave him that ridiculous contract and thats on him; but he also did so under the old CBA rules. How is it fair that the Rangers will now have a cap hit of over 5 million to keep him in the minors? Buy him out before the summer and you're still stuck with half of his salary.

For me it's hard to feel bad for Sather with the way throws money around but it's about the principle here.

BlueshirtBlitz

Foolish Samurai
Aug 2, 2010
New York
I'm sure every board is like that. Personally I had to put hockey completely right out of mind for the last four months... y'know... serenity now.

But what I came over to your board for was to ask what the hell is Sather going to do with Redden? Sather gave him that ridiculous contract and thats on him; but he also did so under the old CBA rules. How is it fair that the Rangers will now have a cap hit of over 5 million to keep him in the minors? Buy him out before the summer and you're still stuck with half of his salary.

For me it's hard to feel bad for Sather with the way throws money around but it's about the principle here.

It's not.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland

I think it's stupid, too, but it's not a big deal for the organization. The team has the cap space to carry the applicable portion of his hit this season, and then he'll be complianced in the summer. It's a waste of Jim Dolan's money, but none of us give one **** about that. :laugh:

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
So if you're going to pay him, any chance you play him? Does he suck that bad that he couldn't at least be a serviceable 6th-7th Dman for a whopping $375 grand more?

Tortorella didn't want to play him three years ago, and he has only slowed down since. He may be serviceable but I think it's just a ship that has sailed.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
NHL training camps expected to open Sunday, according to Bill Daly.

https://twitter.com/reporterchris/status/288725509083389952

In an email, Bill Daly says: "We are currently hoping to be in a position to open Training Camps by no later than Sunday, January 13."

https://twitter.com/JoshuaCooper/status/288725974709841920

The opening of NHL training camps is pending the ratification of a new CBA. That process could be completed Saturday.

https://twitter.com/reporterchris/status/288726518237122560

6 day training camp. Season begins Saturday January 19.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
i hope they are night games. I'm already going to have to switch my schedule but would love it so I can take a morning shift and have the rest of the night off to relax.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Daren Millard ‏@darenmillard
Agree“@Rudistic: @RealKyper @DougMaclean @darenmillard i think the NHL should offer fans free centre ice. The cable program for the NHL. â€

Also:

Craig Custance ‏@CraigCustance
Rangers and Wade Redden's camp meeting today which might help clarify his future.

NYRSchrute217

Oct 28, 2008
Rangers-Bruins would be a fun way to start the season. Makes sense too with Pittsburgh likely playing Philly, they'll want the Devils @ Isles

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Redden will be sitting on his ass for the next few months and then he'll get bought out in the summer. Not much to discuss.

Yeah I'm not really sure what there was to meet about, but whatever. Maybe discuss trading him right now to a team that might be interested. Who knows.

Larry Brooks ‏@NYP_Brooksie
The Redden cap hit against NYR this year will be $5.6M presuming he is waived out of NHL.

If you didn't have to worry about him faking an injury so that he can't be bought out, they might as well have kept him on the NHL squad. Oh well.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Daren Millard ‏@darenmillard
I know this is a wide window but expect an @nhl sked fri or sat or even as late as sun.. Likely first two though. #sportsnet

Bring Back Avery

Dec 29, 2012
Catasauqua, PA
I have a question that may have been answered already, what happens to these guys with the ridiculous contract lengths (Kovy, Ovi, etc.) and the new CBA? Are their contracts going to be shortened to the 7/8 yr max limit or do they have to negotiate new contracts? Or, are these guys "grandfathered" in? I've never understood how this is gonna work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad