Confirmed with Link: RIP NHL Lockout (September 15th 2012 - January 12th 2013)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
This deserves its own thread, no? Confirmed by all the reputable sources on Twitter, but here's a concise tweet to confirm:

#CBA Fehr and Bettman made joint statement, confirmed that framework for deal is done. Ratification still needed
-Strang

Here's what's been reported so far:

- 10 year deal with mutual 8-year opt out.
- This year's cap at $70.2MM; next year's cap at $64.3MM.
- Floor for both years is $44MM.
- Contract term limits at 7 years, 8 for a player re-signing with the same team.
- Contract variance: maximum drop in any one year is 35%; maximum drop over the life of the deal is 50% of the highest salary year. (Per Kypreos)
- Revenue sharing at $200M with a $60MM growth fund. (Per Kypreos)
- 2 compliance buyouts to be executed prior to 2013/2014.
- Pension based on MLB model with losses funded by owners (whatever that means). (Per Lavoie)
- 50 or 48 game schedule this year, depending on how long ratification takes. 50 game season would start 1/15, 48 game season 1/19. (Per LeBrun)
- "Draft lottery will change. All 14 teams fully eligible for 1st pick overall. Weighting system may remain, but 4-move restriction out." (Dreger)
- "Sup discipline: Shanahan 1st, appeal with Bettman 2nd. For 6 or more games neutral third party will decide if necessary." (Dreger)
- "Salary arbitration walkaways: cannot happen unless player award is at least $3.5 million, indexed to increase every year at rate salaries do" (Friedman)
- Free Agency date remains at July 1, except for this coming summer when it will have to be moved due to the longer season. Date being discussed is July 5.
- Olympics participation and a couple of other things to be settled separately.

No doubt some of this will be adjusted slightly as more terms are leaked and the final paperwork gets drafted. What other details does everyone have?

Last edited:

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
So pumped, will be interesting to see who gets bought out now and who does later. Its funny cause teams like Edmonton still need to hit the cap floor so maybe they keep guys who make too much like Bulin and Horcoff......do the Isles cut DiPietro now? Its gotta happen before next yr for sure but they need to hit the cap floor

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Only thing that I don't like off the bat is the draft lottery. It was bad enough when the Devils moved to the 4, now a solid team that missed the playoffs by a point can get the best player in the draft? I know the chances are small, but they aren't non-existant.

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
Hahahaha - I just realized that we actually need confirmation on what the cap will be in years 3-10.

A lot has been leaked during the process, but people have been so focused on years 1 and 2 for the last several weeks that no one's come out and confirmed it since the parties came to terms. Is it 50% of the total HRR from the previous year? What about the floor - is it a percentage of the max? If so, what's the number?

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
Only thing that I don't like off the bat is the draft lottery. It was bad enough when the Devils moved to the 4, now a solid team that missed the playoffs by a point can get the best player in the draft? I know the chances are small, but they aren't non-existant.

We would have loved that rule from 98-04 lol

Jabroni

The People's Champ
Jun 1, 2008
When did the announcement come? I had checked around 2:30-ish AM and they were still meeting.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
I don't know if they'll get preseason games in. Not enough time if they want to start 1/15 for a 50 game season. If they start 1/19 for a 48 game season then you get 2 preseason games.

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
I love everything in life right now. Love all of you as well. Next 8-10 days is going to be hard to go by but after that. Mf hockey and more importantly NYR :yo:

SupersonicMonkey*

I love everything in life right now. Love all of you as well. Next 8-10 days is going to be hard to go by but after that. Mf hockey and more importantly NYR :yo:

Yea man. At least we all helped each other get through the lockout.

Union and league can talk about their strength all they want, but the real strength is from the fans. Unfortunately they don't care. But we do!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad