RIP longtime HF Canucks fan and global moderator, parabola

Bankerguy

Apr 28, 2013
Only 29 years old. Life just isn't fair sometimes....

Appreciated is sarcasm, humor and insight.

Canucks are going to win one for you man.

May you Rest In Peace

quat

Faking Life
Apr 4, 2003
Duncan
Peace be with you buddy. Onwards and upwards.

I'd like to thanks those that made it possible for the HF community to know about his passing and a little about him as well.

Reverend Mayhem

Lowly Serf/Reluctant Cuckold
Feb 15, 2009
Port Coquitlam, BC
We butted heads a lot, but it was nice knowing someone out there could be endlessly appreciative of a sarcastic argument than parabola. Damn, too young. R.I.P. buddy.

vancityluongo

curse of the strombino
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2006
Edmonton
No way. Tough news for this board, he was always a great poster here and came across as an even better person. Condolences to his loved ones.

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006
Rational, Sarcastic and Open minded, he was a good read on HF... A poster that deserved to be recognized for his contributions. Wish his family/friends well.

Sharpshooter

Dec 14, 2011
excellent quote RIP

It was taken from the song that was his username, 'Parabola'.

He was such a fan of the song, and the band.

I discussed with him one the paragraphs from the song, as he saw it, just in random conversation, that struck me, knowing his situation,

Twirling round with this familiar parable.
Spinning, weaving round each new experience.
Recognize this as a holy gift and celebrate this chance to be alive and breathing.

He always said, "hey, it could be worse, i'm just happy to be alive and have great people around me."

I wished I would have chatted with him more here on HF in the last year or so. I wished he would have hung in there just to converse about the upcoming album. I almost feel like emailing the band and saying, see? That's what we get for waiting 10 bloody years for you guys to finish your album....but I digress.

He'll be missed.

Sharpshooter

Dec 14, 2011
I requested that 'Parabola' be played on Vancouver's Rock radio. I gave Kevin's info and how much here at HFBoards and CDC appreciated him. They're going to play it soon.

Have a listen if you want to.

http://player.cfox.com/

Please listen, just as a simple way to pay respects, if you want to.

Sharpshooter

Dec 14, 2011
Please pass this to the Lounge thread that's dedicated to him.

I can't because i'm banned there.....something Parabola would have laughed at.

Pass it on to the thread in CDC as well....well, because i'm banned there too.

But I hope my banishments don't have an affect on those who wanted to celebrate Parabola, and all he was and did for us at both sites.

Last edited:

Habs10Habs

Retired
Sponsor
Aug 22, 2006
I'm going to miss my late night chats with Para. He was such a well rounded person, who's interests went well beyond hockey. I've lost count on how many times I sat at my keyboard discussing various topics with him. Chatting away back and forth until the wee hours of the morning.

RIP Kevin, you will be missed.

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
This is absolutely terrible news, he made me feel welcome when I became a mod several years ago. RIP Parabola, you will be missed. Such a great guy. Damn.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad