RIP longtime HF Canucks fan and global moderator, parabola

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Is there a fund we can contribute to for the family yet?

thepuckmonster has organized a Gofundme so we can make a donation to the Canucks for Kids Fund in parabs' name. He had asked us to donate to this cause in the past when his health took turns for the worse.

http://www.gofundme.com/2a39hng4

We've made a charity fund to donate to Canucks for Kids in memory of Parabs.

He was always awesome to me and helped me out a lot as a user and moderator. One of the funniest posters on this site, I'll miss him greatly and hope that in some way the Canucks can beat the odds and win him a cup this year.

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
What terrible news. Parabola was a great Canuck fan, a great long time poster, and you could tell some great things about him ("in the real world") by what he posted here.

Parabola should be remembered and honoured here. I vote his name be stapled to one of the thread titles. Some ongoing thread that is bound to continue for years. He's been here since I remember, and his presence here should continue on... A "stuffy" thread title wouldn't do his presence justice, IMO. The Parabola, Spiritual Leader, Armchair GM thread... Something like that, is how Parabola was, and should be remembered as, IMO. When a new poster asks who was Parabola?... he lives on here.

The way it should be.

You know, this gives me the idea our first GDT should be a dedication to Parabola. Celebrate his love for the team, and his contributions to HFCanucks.

Sharpshooter

Dec 14, 2011
Damn. One of my favourite fellow Tool and Canucks fans, from here and CDC. I'm glad we got to share those two things over the years. Wish I could have gotten his take on the upcoming new album.

This body
Holding me
Reminds me of my own mortality.
Embrace this moment.
Remember.
We are eternal.
All this pain is an illusion.

For you bud,

*Bob Richards*

Parabs had a great sense of humor about all he's been through.

It's a shame to part so soon but rest easy, friend.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
Wow, absolutely devastating news. He was a great poster on these boards and you could tell he was a great person :(

RIP Kev

Velociraptor

May 12, 2007
Big Smoke
What terrible news :(

RIP modabola! You were an inspiration to us all, one of the most die-hard fans on these boards through the years.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Hey Guys. Just looking for help on something from all of you.

I'll be doing the Canucks vs Leafs GDT on the Leafs board on November 14th, and I'm hoping to do it in a honorary way to Parabola.

He was often on the Leafs board interacting with us, and many of us over on the board have had fantastic interactions with him, whether it be on our board itself, the main board, the lounge, other sub-boards, or even here.

So essentially, I'm looking for links to posts from him that stand out to you. I'm looking for any stories of interactions people would like to pass along.

Stuff like that.

Any help would be appreciated. PM is the ideal route.

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC
RIP Kevin, I remember some of our classic discussions and sometimes arguments dating back to the early days of the CDC forums and to here. Your love of hockey was unparalleled and I hope you're resting easy getting ready for another season of hockey.

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
Terrible news. Condolences to everyone who knew him and especially his close family and friends.

I will raise a glass now and on opening night.

Toadvine

Master of karate and friendship
Jan 18, 2006
Rand McNally
Wow, that's a huge bummer. He always had a great attitude despite the hand he was dealt.

Condolences to his family, he was taken away much too young.

Chairman Maouth

Retired Staff
Apr 29, 2009
Comox Valley
Hey Guys. Just looking for help on something from all of you.

I'll be doing the Canucks vs Leafs GDT on the Leafs board on November 14th, and I'm hoping to do it in a honorary way to Parabola.

He was often on the Leafs board interacting with us, and many of us over on the board have had fantastic interactions with him, whether it be on our board itself, the main board, the lounge, other sub-boards, or even here.

So essentially, I'm looking for links to posts from him that stand out to you. I'm looking for any stories of interactions people would like to pass along.

Stuff like that.

Any help would be appreciated. PM is the ideal route.
That might be a tall order to make for the time being. You might want to consider a simple dedication and mention how much para was loved here and the way he persevered for so long in the face of so many serious health issues.

I just know I'm crushed right now and not in the mood for going back in time and reading his posts - too painful. I suspect a lot of us feel that way but maybe after a bit of time passes you can get some help with that.

But your gesture is very cool and thank you. It would be a nice thing to see.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Wanted to pass along my condolences to you folks, as you were all closest to him as Canucks fans.

para was a great poster here on HF, and I always got a kick out of our convos whenever we clashed on different boards.

He will be be greatly missed. :(

LaVal

Dec 13, 2002
Kelowna
Haven't posted on this forum in years, but I do come by to lurk occasionally and saw this thread and it really hit me. Para was a regular in HF's IRC chat room that we spent years of our lives chatting in. There weren't too many days that we didn't talk about something. To think he's gone at such a young age is truly devastating. He'll be missed.

afrocentric

Apr 29, 2010
Remember him from my CDC days, always had interesting posts and opinions. Gone way too young.

RIP

Jyrki

Benning has been purged! VANmen!
May 24, 2011
溫哥華
Hope he's in a better place :(

...preferably getting together and making a fantasy league with fans of days past.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad