RIP longtime HF Canucks fan and global moderator, parabola

Burnaby_Joe*

Thoughts and prayers to his family and friends and the HF community. RIP.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
I haven't posted on here for awhile, I just found out today :(

RIP Parabola, you were always the peacemaker around here..this sucks.

Hope you rest easy my friend..

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
He's gonna be watching the canucks win now, just in another dimension of our own, he was truly a good guy and im bummed he was taken from us so early, but I truly believe it's not the end for him.

Everyone be sure to tell your loved ones I love you today

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
My thoughts go out to his family friends and the Canucks board.

May he rest in peace.

vanuck

Now with 100% less Benning!
Dec 28, 2009
Wow. Condolences to his family and loved ones. RIP... you were always a good poster. :(

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
Small solace, but I hope his family is aware of his impact here on HF and has an opportunity to read some of the comments.

Very sad news.

Rest Easy Kevin.

I am toxic

. . . even in small doses
Oct 24, 2014
Vancouver
He's gonna be watching the canucks win now, just in another dimension of our own, he was truly a good guy and im bummed he was taken from us so early, but I truly believe it's not the end for him.

Everyone be sure to tell your loved ones I love you today

Well said.

My thoughts and prayers are with the family.

ranold26

Tuukka likes the post...
May 28, 2003
RIP Parabola and condolences to his family, friends and the HFCanucks community.

Fugu

RIP Barb
Nov 26, 2004
϶(°o°)ϵ
Curious since I didn't see it in his obit, but what stage of Lymphoma did he have if anyone knows?

He never got back to us about the staging. He had a kidney transplant earlier this year, so I presume this arose due to him being on anti-rejection drugs (EBV lymphoma). He was between a rock and hard place at that point.

Aug 3, 2005
Vancouver & OK Falls
Parabola seemed mellow and mature way beyond his years during the entire decade I knew him
here. That means he was only 19 when I first had the impression that he was an older man in a
wheelchair. That's a compliment: he truly was an "old soul."

So, appropriately for such a one, I salute him with the poem I always connect with my brother,
who died tragically at age 19 when I was 17. It's Catullus's great ode to his dead brother, poem 101,
which concludes: Atque in perpetuum frater ave atque vale.

"And forever, brother, hail and farewell."

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
Brutal, I wish I hadn't seen this...my thoughts are with your family old friend.

RIP Parabola & Octopi...awful month for HF, losing two great posters.

Last edited:

tc 23

#GaunceForGM
Dec 11, 2012
Vancouver
Holy ****. I was away for a few days from HF and come back to see this. Terrible news.

I have nothing but positive memories and experiences with parabola. Great person who left us far too early. May he rest in peace.

ted2019

History of Hockey
Oct 3, 2008
pittsgrove nj
He never got back to us about the staging. He had a kidney transplant earlier this year, so I presume this arose due to him being on anti-rejection drugs (EBV lymphoma). He was between a rock and hard place at that point.

I had stage 3 in 2009 and it's extremely difficult on your body afterwards. You never, ever even feel remotely better again.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad