RIP longtime HF Canucks fan and global moderator, parabola

BrandonL

Jun 18, 2012
Really sad news, I never had the opportunity to converse with him, but he seemed like a good person.

RIP, condolences to his family and friends.

thepuckmonster

Professional Winner.
Oct 25, 2011
Vancouver
http://www.gofundme.com/2a39hng4

We've made a charity fund to donate to Canucks for Kids in memory of Parabs.

He was always awesome to me and helped me out a lot as a user and moderator. One of the funniest posters on this site, I'll miss him greatly and hope that in some way the Canucks can beat the odds and win him a cup this year.

MarkMM

Jan 30, 2010
Delta, BC
Geez, it's always interesting to see the face behind the profile, but awful when it's through something like this.

RIP, and condolences his family and friends.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Rest in Peace, parabs. :(

He loved the HF Community. To everyone who ever debated or discussed hockey or just random BS with him, please know that he took an immense amount of joy in those discussions.

Proto

Jan 30, 2010
Damn. Sounds like a good dude who enjoyed his life and lived it to the fullest for the time he was here.

coastal_nuck

Jun 28, 2006
Extremely sad news to hear... he was a well balanced in his posts and his presence (as strange as it sounds on a message board) was definitely felt here in the Canucks board.

I in the Eye

Drop a ball it falls
Dec 14, 2002
What terrible news. Parabola was a great Canuck fan, a great long time poster, and you could tell some great things about him ("in the real world") by what he posted here.

Parabola should be remembered and honoured here. I vote his name be stapled to one of the thread titles. Some ongoing thread that is bound to continue for years. He's been here since I remember, and his presence here should continue on... A "stuffy" thread title wouldn't do his presence justice, IMO. The Parabola, Spiritual Leader, Armchair GM thread... Something like that, is how Parabola was, and should be remembered as, IMO. When a new poster asks who was Parabola?... he lives on here.

The way it should be.

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
Sad to hear, sounds like he was a great guy. Condolences to family and friends.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad