Post-Game Talk: Rip dat bandaid off fast doe, Pens season ends, 2-1 (4-3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
:laugh:

Towards the end, you were there suffering right along side us. Always with the positive waves.

Broken but unbowed!

I really appreciated your perspective. It really added to the discussion to have you making valid points for keeping Bylsma. Someone has to play devil's advocate to keep everyone honest.

Thanks. I suppose it's too late to suggest I was only taking that side of the debate to stimulate conversation.

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
Bylsma would be horrible in Edmonton. Their forwards are skilled but soft, and their defense lacks mobility and puck movement. Good luck "grinding those *****es down" with that roster.

I know, it would be a train wreck. But that's what Edmonton has been for years.

And I would love it because maybe we could do some wheeling and dealing with Edm for some of Disco's faves.

:naughty:

Til the End of Time

May 18, 2003
Santa Monica, CA
Visit site
i feel like this is the end of an era. im neither happy nor sad, just apathetic about this team/organization.

maybe i am just getting older or maybe this season finally sucked the last bit of passion i had for the penguins out of me, but regardless i think my days of being an uber hard-core hockey fan that needed to see every pens game is over. probably will still watch games if im free but no longer go out of my way to see games. maybe im just being melodramatic, but i just dont care that much anymore.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Just a question.

People do realize that Crosby signed a contract until 2025 , you know, 11 years from now, something you can no longer do, for $8.7 million per. As soon as this summer players like PK Subban will be earning over $10 million per, Toews and Kane reportedly $12 million per.

$8.7 million per for the next 11 seasons.

For bar none the best player in the world.

AINEC.

How Forrest Gump inbred with Rain Man do you need to be to contemplate trading him?

The same almost is true for Malkin.

Mar 22, 2010
Mother Base
Broken but unbowed!

Martell_Coat_of_Arms.png

flaneur

Jul 17, 2013
I mentioned him yesterday. I am not sure he'd take a GM role only. Probably have to hire him as President of Hockey Operations.

I wouldn't be against it. He knows Sid, that's a plus.

and as someone who was the head of hockey canada for such a long time I would imagine his rolodex and eye for young talent would be quite developed.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
That doesn't solve the problem of us being too old and only 2 lines....with no goaltending. We aren't in that bad of shape roster wise...we are hurting in young prospects....good enough to play forward wise.

Need to build a solid 4 lines first and we aren't going to get more than 1 new top 6 forward next year. They aren't available and we already have good ones for a year or 2.

What makes you think the Pens are two lines NOW?

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
You know, as much as DB's exit is necessary, I do appreciate that he left without ever throwing anyone under the bus, which would have been very easy to do at different points during his tenure.

He's a genuinely good person. However much that impedes his coaching.

themethod7

Jan 25, 2013
NWPA
Just a question.

People do realize that Crosby signed a contract until 2025 , you know, 11 years from now, something you can no longer do, for $8.7 million per. As soon as this summer players like PK Subban will be earning over $10 million per, Toews and Kane reportedly $12 million per.

AINEC.

How Forrest Gump inbred with Rain Man do you need to be to contemplate trading him?

NOSE_1dc024_1029444.jpg

Woodrow

Dec 8, 2005
Just a question.

AINEC.

Haha ya. That is pretty sweet deal for the Pens and is going to be an absolute steal in 3 years. :) Good thing Crosby is superstitious.:laugh:

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
i feel like this is the end of an era. im neither happy nor sad, just apathetic about this team/organization.

maybe i am just getting older or maybe this season finally sucked the last bit of passion i had for the penguins out of me, but regardless i think my days of being an uber hard-core hockey fan that needed to see every pens game is over. probably will still watch games if im free but no longer go out of my way to see games. maybe im just being melodramatic, but i just dont care that much anymore.

You're being reasonable, I feel the same way. I couldn't even get into playoff games this year. This team has led us all to apathy I think.

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
Corey Crawford just stole this game for the 'Hawks.

THIS is what is required in the playoffs. You can struggle from time to time, but you also need to do this when your team needs it.

Pete Gas

Jul 10, 2012
So another cup for Chicago and Kane and Toews on their best day couldn't care Malkin or Crosby's jocks. Sucks to see those schmucks with 3 cups

penguins2946*

Just a question.

AINEC.

Some men just want to watch the world burn

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
You know, as much as DB's exit is necessary, I do appreciate that he left without ever throwing anyone under the bus, which would have been very easy to do at different points during his tenure.

He's a genuinely good person. However much that impedes his coaching.

Well, he's not out yet technically. There's still time to throw a few cadavers under the bus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad