Post-Game Talk: Rip dat bandaid off fast doe, Pens season ends, 2-1 (4-3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cygnus47

Sep 14, 2013
Someone needs to stoke the fire to win again. Fleury can be great but he needs that fire. It's easy to bounce back mentally when you NEED to win because you want it so bad. It's not easy when you expect to win and are constantly focused on whose fault it is. He needs to get angry the same way the rest of the team does.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
All encompassing?

8dFyy9Q.jpg

Woodrow

Dec 8, 2005
I think that Fleury is mentally weak. You can argue that the Pens have contributed to where he is now and that they could have handled it better, but the root causes is with Fleury.

I don't think the Pens can stick with Fleury because a patented MAF meltdown is in the back of everyone's mind always. He and the Pens both need a fresh start.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Those gifs will never not be funny. Amazing to think that guy gets paid millions of dollars for that.

They are cherry picked and do not disprove my point. Yeah he gives up some weak goals, though was better this playoffs. My point was that under a . . . I was going to say more defensive system, but will instead say defensive at all system, would he do much better and reduce those incidents to the average for goalies (all have those happen at times)?

Unanswerable right now.

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
They are cherry picked and do not disprove my point. Yeah he gives up some weak goals, though was better this playoffs. My point was that under a . . . I was going to say more defensive system, but will instead say defensive at all system, would he do much better and reduce those incidents to the average for goalies (all have those happen at times)?

Unanswerable right now.

I still haven't forgotten the Nick Foligno goal. That one is fresh.

That is always there. Teams are always a shot away when they play us with Fleury in goal.

He gots to go.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
I don't think the Pens can stick with Fleury because a patented MAF meltdown is in the back of everyone's mind always. He and the Pens both need a fresh start.

I agree with this. I don't think they trust him and they're hyper sensitive to him, and they're right to do that. Fleury is done in Pittsburgh and they probably waited too long to try and fix him. I don't know if he'll bounce back but I wish him the best.

DanFailsma

Mar 31, 2013
PA, USA
Originally Posted by Ogrezilla
Sid: Its not that I'm lazy, its that I just don't care.

The Bobs: Don't care?

Sid: Its a problem of motivation. If I work a little harder and we win this series, Dan Bylsma coaches this team another year. I've had 8 wingers these playoffs.

The Bobs: 8 Wingers?

Sid: 8, Bob.
Possibly the best post ever
I wish I could favorite it:laugh:

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724

Unanswerable right now.

Agreed. I was just having a laugh is all. Fleury was one of the few bright spots this playoffs and maybe, just maybe the sports psychologist is paying dividends. That being said, I absolutely understand if the organization uses a compliance buyout on him, he has a bad history.

Ragamuffin Gunner

Lost in the Flood
Aug 15, 2008
Boston
Here are the number of goals scored by DB led teams in elimination games:

'10 v MTL - 2
'11 v TB - 0
'12 v PHI - 1
'13 v BOS - 0
'14 v CAN - 0
'14 v FIN - 0
'14 v NYR - 1

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009

'10 v MTL - 2
'11 v TB - 0
'12 v PHI - 1
'13 v BOS - 0
'14 v CAN - 0
'14 v FIN - 0
'14 v NYR - 1

Shero has a big hand in this as well.
Gotta draft more D!
Sid/Geno can do great with less!

zhenyas most fly rep

May 3, 2009
breizh

Our dmen confidence in him might be close to an all time low.
Look at the incident between him and Määttä, Määttä never skate straight into Fleury (trying to protect him?) if he has confidence in Fleury's puckhandling skill.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
I don't think we can stick with Fleury because HE CANNOT PLAY THE PUCK, cannot NOT play the puck, cannot do anything behind his net. His desire to touch the puck on every dump in creates more scoring chances for the opposition than anything else.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve

'10 v MTL - 2
'11 v TB - 0
'12 v PHI - 1
'13 v BOS - 0
'14 v CAN - 0
'14 v FIN - 0
'14 v NYR - 1

The Olympics might be the most damning, burned through the equivalent of the regular season and then accomplished **** all. All with a different team. 4-3 for no goals.

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
Our dmen confidence in him might be close to an all time low.
Look at the incident between him and Määttä, Määttä never skate straight into Fleury (trying to protect him?) if he has confidence in Fleury's puckhandling skill.

Yup. I will add that he's not just bad at puckhandling, he THINKS he's good. That is a double-dose of trouble.

Plus, he is bad at communicating with his D-men (and vice-versa). SO, that is part coaching and part a bad fit in goal.

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
I don't think we can stick with Fleury because HE CANNOT PLAY THE PUCK, cannot NOT play the puck, cannot do anything behind his net. His desire to touch the puck on every dump in creates more scoring chances for the opposition than anything else.

The only options I see are Miller and Hiller.

Zen Arcade

Bigger than Kiss
Sep 21, 2004
Pittsburgh
If Dejan is right about both Shero and Bylsma being gone and taking more steps to protect Crosby and Malkin, I might do a backflip.

Granted, I'll likely break my neck in the attempt, but at least I'll be able to watch a team with some semblance of self respect and toughness while I'm recovering.

I should be freaking out or throwing stuff, instead I feel oddly cathartic. The way this team has been run has beat the emotion out of me. I can't imagine how Crosby or Malkin feel, but I bet it's 1,000 times worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad