Post-Game Talk: Rip dat bandaid off fast doe, Pens season ends, 2-1 (4-3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Corey Crawford just stole this game for the 'Hawks.

THIS is what is required in the playoffs. You can struggle from time to time, but you also need to do this when your team needs it.

The thing with Fleury that gives me pause though is, you get asked to help carry the heavy stuff up ten flights of stairs to your buddies new apartment for a Pizza and some beers. Three other friends come along. And your three buddies just pretend to lift but leave it all on you. After the couch, 60" television, twelve bookcases (the really big ones) 82 boxes of books, and myriad other things, is it a surprise when they fake it on the bed you just let go and let the bed roll them down all the stairs?

That is kinda what I am wondering with Fleury.

Fleury3434*

Jan 14, 2013
I don't buy the whole you need a goalie to stand on his head to win a cup. I'm not saying fleury should stay; maybe it's time for a change of scenery for him honestly. But a goalie is by required to stand on his head to win the cup; yes it does help, but there are many not great goalies that have won the cup before. It takes a TEAM; a team willing to fight tooth and nail for every scrap of ice and every puck. That's what the pens had in 2009 and they need to get back to that

Pete Gas

Jul 10, 2012
I didn't know the Cup was won in the second round.

They just seem to catch every damn break possible. Never injuries to worry about, when they are Kane and Toews are out a handful of games when it doesn't even matter anyways. They are winning with Corey Freakin Crawford in net.

lastcupever75

Phive cups PA.
May 14, 2009
its for the best

even though i still rooted for them tonight.
thought if they get swept again by the bruin's, it would still result in DBs firing and MAF being off the team

better off not chancing it though

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
I'm really more of a Stark.

Loyal even if it leads to sure disaster. :sarcasm:

But which Stark? :laugh:

QPTDwWu.jpg

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
The thing with Fleury that gives me pause though is, you get asked to help carry the heavy stuff up ten flights of stairs to your buddies new apartment for a Pizza and some beers. Three other friends come along. And your three buddies just pretend to lift but leave it all on you. After the couch, 60" television, twelve bookcases (the really big ones) 82 boxes of books, and myriad other things, is it a surprise when they fake it on the bed you just let go and let the bed roll them down all the stairs?

Yeah I don't know what any of that means.

:)

I don't buy the whole you need a goalie to stand on his head to win a cup. I'm not saying fleury should stay; maybe it's time for a change of scenery for him honestly. But a goalie is by required to stand on his head to win the cup; yes it does help, but there are many not great goalies that have won the cup before. It takes a TEAM; a team willing to fight tooth and nail for every scrap of ice and every puck. That's what the pens had in 2009 and they need to get back to that

I didn't say he has to stand on his head from the start to finish. I said...the team won't play well some nights, and the goalie will need to steal a game...maybe two...maybe three. Depends on the team. Depends on the goalie.

We can do better than Marc-Andre Fleury. We CERTAINLY can do cheaper and more efficient.

wgknestrick

Aug 14, 2012

Make sure I get this straight:
This guy is the one tired of OTHER people not pulling their weight?

fleuryfalldown_medium.gif

fleuryLOL_medium.gif

penguins2946*

Now that hockey is over, I finally get to binge watch Breaking Bad and Game of Thrones.

zhenyas most fly rep

May 3, 2009
breizh
The thing is, and I know he said he wasn't injured, and I don't pretend to know a lot about the game of hockey, but if Crosby wasn't playing hurt then I will become a Habs fan for a week!

I simply refuse to believe there wasn't something physically wrong. It could have been mental. It could have been personal. Emotional. Psychological.

When Sidney Crosby stops winning board battles with his lower body to guys like Anton Stralman, and when he stops hustling...you KNOW you're not seeing the real deal out there.

That's my take as well.
To put it shortly, he looked too weak on his skates at times not to have some kind of injury.
He also looked exhausted, frustrated and lacking in confidence but that's another matter.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve

I think that Fleury is mentally weak. You can argue that the Pens have contributed to where he is now and that they could have handled it better, but the root causes is with Fleury.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
The Pens saved me wasting a huge amount of money next round on playoff tickets seeing more of the same.

Pens_Money.gif

I should thank Shero, Disco and Mario.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad