Post-Game Talk: Rip dat bandaid off fast doe, Pens season ends, 2-1 (4-3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
I wish.

Worst case scenario: Shero stays, Trotz hired, minimal personnel changes.

Pretty much. I think Shero stays, Jacques Martin promoted and minimal personnel changes is my worst nightmare, but I don't want Trotz either.

do people think fleury is gone? lord i hope so. more than anything in the world.

If we hire a new GM (or new President of Hockey Operations AND GM), I don't see how Fleury stays this time.

If Shero stays, we shouldn't be surprised if ANYONE stays or is re-signed.

themethod7

Jan 25, 2013
NWPA
We ought to trade him there...Strip him of the HC title and make him take a position in the org and not release his rights till someone offers a pick or prospect

Given Vancouver's apparent hatred of goaltenders, I bet we could get them to throw in Markstrom.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Whereas I get the feeling at this point, and honestly at all points in their career, Crosby and Malkin would do whatever it took to win. And would buy completely into any system that worked.

"That worked", something so alien to this team.:laugh: WHY NOT JUST GET TO YOUR GAME?????

Michael8771*

Duchene's contract isn't at as good of a value as Crosby's, he's gonna be paid 6 million per year and he's frankly not 2.7 million dollars away from being as good as Crosby. McGinn is an rfa so the Avalanche won't have the right to even trade him unless they re-sign him and Mckinnon is being paid less than 1 million and is a rookie who looks to be a superstar so the Avalanche would be crazy to trade him for anybody. It is you who doesn't understand.:shakehead:help:
lol whatever. If it happens I'll laugh at your inane notions. It's a good deal for both teams. Sid trains in Colorado and enjoy's the mile high city. Also was a big fan of Roy (or so he said) when he grew up in Cole harbour. Food for thought.:)

flaneur

Jul 17, 2013
A young team like Florida would be a good fit for him I think, he needs to learn to be a coach first and a friend second. Vancouver/Toronto would eat him alive, the press there is the polar opposite of the Pens PR 100% Natural Good Time Family Band Solution, he'd be walking out of pressers every damn day.

yup. vancouver and toronto would definitely eat him alive and i don't see him lasting in either market for that long. however, that said, i do see them pursuing him if and when he becomes available.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
This thread is going too fast.

WHat do people think a REALISTIC time table is for any movement.

You'll start hearing stuff within 24 hours. Announcement maybe by Friday if it's a total clean house.

Would not be stunned in that event to see Craig Patrick return in a short term advisory capacity, kind of like he did in Columbus (where he actually helped them do great with the Nash trade, deal with the Carter situation, and do some decent drafting).

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
yup. vancouver and toronto would definitely eat him alive and i don't see him lasting in either market for that long. however, that said, i do see them pursuing him if and when he becomes available.

Carlyle has been confirmed to stay in Toronto, so Vancouver, Florida, Carolina, Washington would be the options for Disco.

ALTHOUGH, this screams Edmonton Oilers to me!

MrBurghundy

I may be older but I'm never forgetting #47 & #41
Oct 5, 2009
I Love Scotch
Trotz would be huge in helping our young D develop into what they could become. How many D did he develop into legit top-4 D? Off the top of my head, there are Klein, Wener, Suter, Josi and Jones, and that's just recent. Was Nashville Timonen's first team?

Yes I think so and Hamhuis.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
We aren't that bad of a team. Several of our problems are leaving this year too.

GONE
New short term coach is already employed by us (Martin)
MAF needs traded #1
Orpik UFA
Glass UFA
Trade Scuderi at all costs (eat salary if needed)
Waive/trade Adams
Pyatt UFA
Engo UFA

TO DOs
Need to sign Sutter
full time Despres
full time BB
full time Gibbons
Sign UFA Hiller short term or trade for Holtby

We're talking about surrounding Sid and Geno with talent first. Signing Sutter at 4M+, which IMO is what it will take to extend with any length, should not be seen as a NEED. Setting up Sid and Geno at long last to succeed is the only on ice need.

pensfan71

Jun 9, 2010
Carlyle has been confirmed to stay in Toronto, so Vancouver, Florida, Carolina, Washington would be the options for Disco.

He would kill that team...so many young players

wgknestrick

Aug 14, 2012
You'll start hearing stuff within 24 hours. Announcement maybe by Friday if it's a total clean house.

Would not be stunned in that event to see Craig Patrick return in a short term advisory capacity, kind of like he did in Columbus (where he actually helped them do great with the Nash trade, deal with the Carter situation, and do some decent drafting).

I think Craig is still with BUF, is he not?

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
The thing is, and I know he said he wasn't injured, and I don't pretend to know a lot about the game of hockey, but if Crosby wasn't playing hurt then I will become a Habs fan for a week!

I simply refuse to believe there wasn't something physically wrong. It could have been mental. It could have been personal. Emotional. Psychological.

When Sidney Crosby stops winning board battles with his lower body to guys like Anton Stralman, and when he stops hustling...you KNOW you're not seeing the real deal out there.

Reminded me of January 2009, actually. You could tell he'd reached the end of his rope. I think change is all the doctor needs to order for Sid.

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013

I would find Vancouver to be humorous. Going from AV to Torts to Bylsma sounds hilarious. Kesler was also the only player on Team USA to not hate Bylsma.

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
lol whatever. If it happens I'll laugh at your inane notions. It's a good deal for both teams. Sid trains in Colorado and enjoy's the mile high city. Also was a big fan of Roy (or so he said) when he grew up in Cole harbour. Food for thought.:)

They can't trade McGinn, he is an rfa, Mckinnon is making 7 million dollars less than Crosby and is much younger, and Duchene is not worth 6 million. Not only is there 0 possibility of this trade happening, if it did happen it would be a horrible deal for both teams. You seem to lack basic understanding of how free agency/contracts... work so I suggest you do some research. If you don't believe me post that proposal on the trade proposals section of the site and see what Avs fans think.:laugh:

Also, you have the balls to label my notions "inane". If my notions are inane then there is not even a word for the ridiculousness that occurs when you translate thoughts to written words.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Yes I think so and Hamhuis.

And we are back to my system thoughts.

I think that our stars, and our best chance at success, is a modified trap. Certainly a defense first mentality waiting on a mistake that a guy like Crosby or Malkin could take the other way. Clean simple short passes out of the zone. And it doesn't hurt that nearly all of our young talent is on defense.

We could do a LOT worse than Trotz, and would have been in at least one more Cup championship series if he had been behind the bench the past few years.

trader997

Oct 17, 2008
Montreal
Truth hurts man.

I'll take Sid at his word, disheartening as that is to believe.

Gibbons on his wing is when Crosby officially turned the page this year, he looked disinterested most nights afterwards. Not surrounding him with any good wingers for years did not help, he probably felt let down by the organization for 8 straight years, it was expected that he would eventually let down the organization.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad