Post-Game Talk: Rielly is Rielly, Rielly Good. But Leafs Still Lose. 2-1 Shootout Loss

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Jonathan Bernier, James van Reimsdyk, Morgan Rielly and Nazem Kadri make me happy :)

Rest of them, kinda make me sad :(

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
Well I stand corrected. Without Dion Phanuef our defence is just terrible! I mean, giving up ONE GOAL?!

We CLEARLY need Phanuef back ASAP :sarcasm:

I didn't even notice Phaneuf out there.
Seriously though, I thought Franson had one of his best games and this is how they need to let Rielly play.

yubbers

Grown Menzez
May 1, 2013
It should be very clear now to every Leaf follower that Randy Carlyle was not part of the problem. Under his watch, the team overachieved - a playoff appearance, and most recently a solid winning record and in the playoffs when he was fired. With his influence gone, this collection of players has quickly morphed into their truer, more natural form, which is something equivalent to this wretched Devils team.

MLSE at their best again: amputating the only healthy part of the Toronto Maple Leafs body.

So we could've finished 9th or 10th again?

Farthest thing from healthy.

showtime8

Jun 30, 2010
Toronto, ON
Montreal Canadiens make me so bad you have no idea. That team doesn't deserve to be where they are. I can't help it I need someone to agree before I explode

I would say that the teams are equal up front, but the 2 things that separate the teams is Carey Price might be the best goalie in the league and there is no one on the Leafs blue line that comes close to PK Subban in terms of talent.

If you look at it, JVR and Pacioretty are the same in terms of points, Kessel is heads above anyone else they have on their top line. Desharnais and Bozak are both scrubs.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Yeah Franson was good. I thought our defense overall didn't really suffer from Dion's absence. Devils might not be the best test though.

He looked fine tonight, I wasn't sure how he would react without Dion. It's only NJ, but he made some good reads and he looked like a top 4 D man.

It was a good night to impress the scouts from other teams.

hockeyes

Jun 15, 2013
I found a pair of skates Clarkson should try, might help his stability.

training_skate.jpg

The issue with scoring is it's hard to go from cheating for 4 years to playing with some responsibility middle of the season. Kessel and friends are basically rookies learning how to play all over again. That's why Carlyle should have been gone last summer to give the team a chance to adapt from day one. They aren't a good team but they are a lot better than a 1-2 SOL to NJ.

TML1

Oct 18, 2014
Montreal Canadiens make me so bad you have no idea. That team doesn't deserve to be where they are. I can't help it I need someone to agree before I explode

I agree but they have a huge advantage in coaching and management.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Yeah Franson was good. I thought our defense overall didn't really suffer from Dion's absence. Devils might not be the best test though.

no.
they are totally not.

I think Arizona (from how i've seen them play recently) and the flyers wiill be bigger ones.

HoweHullOrr

Oct 3, 2013
We only lose one point.

Or we gained a point depending how you look at it. We were 5 points out of 5th now we're 4.

I understand people not wanting to cheer for their team to lose, but seriously, is picking up a point here or there to miss the playoffs anyway better for this franchise then a top 5 pick? Really?

I left it open to personal interpretation. What I said was true either way.

leafstilldeath*

Price 1G
Subban 1D

Roster filled with players that come to play every night.

As much as I hate the puke of an organization as the Habs, you can't say their players don't compete. Far from it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad