Confirmed with Link: Rieder/Wedgewood to LA for Kuemper

regulate

Aug 19, 2007
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Rieder is a real good get. Kuemper has been very good for us, but he wasn't going to be back next year and would likely only play a handful of games the rest of the season. Appreciate what Kuemper did for the team this year, but this seems like really smart asset management

Concur. Kuemper wants a starting role, and no way Blake would be able to sign him. Just a bit risky with Kuemper losing only 1 game in regulation all year, but Blake wanted a forward and he got one. Ranford and Imoo can work their black magic on Wedgewood. He's been really good in the AHL, not so much in the NHL.

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
I would be absolutely shocked if they traded Lewis.

Heart and soul guy for this team. Wins "Unsung Hero" pretty much every season and has been scoring at a better clip the past two seasons than he ever has in his career.

Isn't he Doughty's best friend on the team as well? I just can't see that happening.

If these guys are serious about making the playoffs and doing something in it, they aren't going to move Lewis over his small cap hit.

Stimpythecat

Jul 1, 2015
almost $12 million in deadline cap space with 24 on the roster. This is also a sign that I think they feel Campbell may be ready.

wedgewood 3.45 GAA .893 Sav%

And dang... people are fast. Just saw the trade and wedgewood's wiki page was already updated.

Winger23

May 3, 2007
Rieder is an rfa. To those suggesting to trade Lewis, nothing says rieder is here beyond this year as I've read his agent is a real pita. Trade aa or Clifford way before you let go of Lewis

lexlavender

Jun 9, 2013
Iafallo-Kopitar-Brown
Pearson-Carter-Toffoli
Rieder-Kempe-Lewis
Andreoff-Amadio-Brodizinksi
Clifford-Mitchell-Thompson

We have an entire extra line of bottom 6 forwards. Gotta be more to this, someone has to get moved, unless Amadio and Brodz are going back down (Which would be a shame, because they're playing really well).

Reactions: go4hockey

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
Don't watch the Coyotes because why would I do that to myself, but I like the sound of adding a speedy winger that can PK well.

19-11-23
70-77-73
EVERYONE

Seriously though, I want to move Kempe to wing but not sure if possible. Maybe this:

Kempe/Amadio/Lewis
Reider/Thompson/Brodz?

Don't think Reider is a LW though. Regardless, that's a lot of Bottom 6 on the roster right now. The easy move is to send the kids down that can go to Ontario with no problems but I don't like sending Amadio down with the way he has been playing.

When you are putting up 17-19 game point scoring streaks in the AHL and then playing like he has in the NHL lately, it might make sense to keep the guy in the NHL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad