Confirmed with Link: Rieder/Wedgewood to LA for Kuemper

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
I said a while ago that the Kings should look into moving Kuemper since his value will never be higher, but I'm not sure what the point of bringing in a guy like Rieder would be.

Little Psycho

I solemnly swear I'm up to no good
Feb 4, 2007
Non-Yah
Don't know I feel about trading Kuemper since Quick has been inconsistent.

Rieder is really nice to have though.

Davit17

Jun 30, 2011
Even though this is scary cuz quick can go down, but even if he did, I don't think Kuemper will help us go into a deep run. He's been good so far, but I wouldn't trust him for a playoff series.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Cook24

Oct 14, 2005
Chino, CA
Rieder is solid. If Kuemper is the only big piece we’re losing this is good, seeing as how Kuemper would probably only play a couple more games for us this season...

Reactions: go4hockey

Davit17

Jun 30, 2011
Rieder is solid. If Kuemper is the only big piece we’re losing this is good, seeing as how Kuemper would probably only play a couple more games for us this season...
I feel like we have a lot of players on our roster right now. Hoping Clifford or AA is going the other way as well.

CTKingsFan

6/11/12 & 6/13/14
Nov 23, 2008
Connecticut
Creative... We gonna lose Kuemper in the off season. Also, still have Campbell down in Ontario and Both Reider and Wedgewood will be RFA. Reider gives depth to the 3rd line. Likely will see Reider -Kempe - Lewis

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
This isn't a popular opinion, but now that we have Rieder, the Kings should look into moving Lewis. He's scoring at a 20 goal pace. His value will never be higher than what it is now.

Reactions: KingCanadain1976

AlphaBravo

Jan 31, 2015
Yerevan
This isn't a popular opinion, but now that we have Rieder, the Kings should look into moving Lewis. He's scoring at a 20 goal pace. His value will never be higher than what it is now.

I was thinking the same. Looks like Thompson can fill the Lewis defensive void. I doubt Lewis can replace a season like this again. Plus trading Lewis gets $2 million off our books, which we can fill with the younger and cheaper players like Amadio and Brodzinski. Again, not a popular idea since I know how important Lewis is to this team. But realistically speaking, if we are getting another bottom 6 forward, there is a log jam now in our bottom 6. A player or two should be on their way out hopefully.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
Doesn't he have great speed? Or am I thinking of someone else?

Wonder what else would be going to Arizona. Prospect or pick but who or what round...
Yes, he's very quick and also good on the PK.

With Lewis, Kempe, Rieder and Carter coming back, suddenly our team speed is much better.

ScoreZeGoals

Boooorrrrriiiinnnnng
Jun 29, 2010
Rieder is a real good get. Kuemper has been very good for us, but he wasn't going to be back next year and would likely only play a handful of games the rest of the season. Appreciate what Kuemper did for the team this year, but this seems like really smart asset management

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
Reider-Kopitar-Brown
Pearson-Carter-Toffoli
Iafallo-Kempe-Lewis
Clifford-Thompson-Mitchell
*Brodzinski, Andeoff, Amadio

I'm guessing Amadio eventually gets sent down?

WHOneedsSOX

Mar 1, 2015
Rieder is a real good get. Kuemper has been very good for us, but he wasn't going to be back next year and would likely only play a handful of games the rest of the season. Appreciate what Kuemper did for the team this year, but this seems like really smart asset management
Well it depends what Kuemper signs for. Kings might've been able to re-sign him if it's low enough. Or maybe they don't want to cause or Campbell.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad