Value of: Rickard Rakell

Gliff

Tank Commander
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Tennessee
I never said he would. I also said I wouldn’t trade him. Now clearly you haven’t watched much of Bear and that’s fine. Gudbranson has nothing to do with anything as he isn’t half the Dman Bear has already shown.

I'm not arguing if trading him is smart for a team trying to compete in the Oilers.

I'm saying his trade value is not higher because he plays a top 4 role on a team without much competition on the right side, very similar to Gudbranson on the Ducks.
Neither of them are probably legit top 4 guys.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Ducks fans. Can one of you run a poll on your boards to see how popular or unpopular the Rakell for 16th and Brook trade idea is? I'm curious to see what the majority says?

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Ducks fans. Can one of you run a poll on your boards to see how popular or unpopular the Rakell for 16th and Brook trade idea is? I'm curious to see what the majority says?
My guess is it’ll end up a decent percentage for it(I’d guess 55% for)

A few might want a little more

and some are basically just against trading him period

I guess if we got drysdale at 6, we might want a diff piece than brooks

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
My guess is it’ll end up a decent percentage for it(I’d guess 55% for)

A few might want a little more

and some are basically just against trading him period

I guess if we got drysdale at 6, we might want a diff piece than brooks

Kind of what I figured. A split which makes it debatable. And you'd be lucky to get Drysdale at 6! Good luck! I like that kid a lot! Last 17 year old to make team Canada WJC roster was Ekblad I believe

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Kind of what I figured. A split which makes it debatable. And you'd be lucky to get Drysdale at 6! Good luck! I like that kid a lot! Last 17 year old to make team Canada WJC roster was Ekblad I believe
I mean I’m cool with Rossi or Perfetti also, but on the chance we end up drysdale... good chance we prob arnt looking for a dmen on right side anymore.... granted I’m sure a trade could still work with the 2 teams

I Like Eich

Oct 15, 2014
Make your best offer here

I'm gonna go ahead and guess not all Sabres fans will like with this offer, but if Rakell is really available, I'd come in blazing hot trying to acquire him. He fits so many needs top to bottom, and then his contract is the cherry on top. If we ever needed him at C, we could use him there, but he'd probably end up on the wing, potentially Eichel's LW. The addition of Rakell & Staal to the forward group with Cozens likely coming up as well will completely change our entire offensive complexion.

To BUF:
Rickard Rakell
ANA 2020 3rd (67th overall)

To ANA:
BUF 2020 1st (8th overall)

It's a huge risk for BUF and a steep price I'm willing to pay. Eichel has entered his prime and Dahlin is about a year away. We don't have a lot of time to develop top-level prospects like ANA does, 8th OA picks very rarely step-in and make an immediate impact. I'm not sure we can afford to wait 2-3+ years for more help, we need it now.

And here's the thing I'm most worried about - I don't trust us to make the correct draft pick at 8 anyways. We have a brand-new GM with no experience and no support around to guide him currently (great formula for building a winning sports franchise, btw) and the scouting department has been completely turned over. Last time I checked, the past two 8th overall picks we've made haven't turned out so well. (Risto & Mittelstadt)

I won't spend much time on why I think this is good for ANA because I'm admittedly not an expert on the team, but I also feel the answer is pretty obvious. 6th, 8th, and 27th overall is not a bad way to start rebuilding your franchise. Interested to hear your thoughts back Ducks fans. I'm thinking you wont hate this one.

Reactions: Getz2noone

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
I'm gonna go ahead and guess not all Sabres fans will like with this offer, but if Rakell is really available, I'd come in blazing hot trying to acquire him. He fits so many needs top to bottom, and then his contract is the cherry on top. If we ever needed him at C, we could use him there, but he'd probably end up on the wing, potentially Eichel's LW. The addition of Rakell & Staal to the forward group with Cozens likely coming up as well will completely change our entire offensive complexion.

To BUF:
Rickard Rakell

To ANA:

It's a huge risk for BUF and a steep price I'm willing to pay. Eichel has entered his prime and Dahlin is about a year away. We don't have a lot of time to develop top-level prospects like ANA does, 8th OA picks very rarely step-in and make an immediate impact. I'm not sure we can afford to wait 2-3+ years for more help, we need it now.

And here's the thing I'm most worried about - I don't trust us to make the correct draft pick at 8 anyways. We have a brand-new GM with no experience and no support around to guide him currently (great formula for building a winning sports franchise, btw) and the scouting department has been completely turned over. Last time I checked, the past two 8th overall picks we've made haven't turned out so well. (Risto & Mittelstadt)

I won't spend much time on why I think this is good for ANA because I'm admittedly not an expert on the team, but I also feel the answer is pretty obvious. 6th, 8th, and 27th overall is not a bad way to start rebuilding your franchise. Interested to hear your thoughts back Ducks fans. I'm thinking you wont hate this one.

Ducks would be all over this. It's definitely tilted in their favor. Instead of the 3rd 27 or 36 would make it more fair.

Rakell with Eichel would be absolutely dynamite though. 30-30 minimum.

I Like Eich

Oct 15, 2014
I thought asking for 36 back might be just a hair too much... obviously would love this deal even more then.

And those were my thoughts exactly. A Rakell-Eichel-Olofsson line would be nasty, followed by Skinner-Staal-Reinhart, which allows Cozens to play friendlier matchup, bottom-6 minutes to start his career development path. It'd be the first time in 10+ years that I'd be legitimately happy with the Sabres top-6 F's.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I thought asking for 36 back might be just a hair too much... obviously would love this deal even more then.

And those were my thoughts exactly. A Rakell-Eichel-Olofsson line would be nasty, followed by Skinner-Staal-Reinhart, which allows Cozens to play friendlier matchup, bottom-6 minutes to start his career development path. It'd be the first time in 10+ years that I'd be legitimately happy with the Sabres top-6 F's.
I actually like that trade a lot from both parties .... and rakell would look amazing with Eichel and olofsson.

Reactions: I Like Eich

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA

If the plan is to use him with Eichel, I think he'll explode for at least what he was a couple years ago (when Getzlaf was good). If Buffalo drops him down the lineup (with guys that don't drive lines), he'll regress back to what he is now. He is an excellent complimentary, top line winger and plays more motivated when there's something to play for (playoffs), but he's not a guy that can be "the" guy on a line/team (as he's shown the last couple of seasons).

Reactions: I Like Eich

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Sounds like Edmonton and Toronto are the teams who most likely to get this deal done imo because of the #14 and #15 picks in a deep draft.
The other teams that would want to make a deal have picks much later in the draft in the 20s.

Gliff

Tank Commander
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Tennessee

To BUF:
Rickard Rakell

To ANA:

The Ducks need to pay a little more as people have said. The 36th instead of the 3rd.

If Buffalo want to win now this is the trade to make. Rakell will easily be a 70 point guy next to Eichel.

It makes total sense for the Ducks. It allows them to most likely get a defensemen and forward in the top 10.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
The Ducks need to pay a little more as people have said. The 36th instead of the 3rd.

If Buffalo want to win now this is the trade to make. Rakell will easily be a 70 point guy next to Eichel.

It makes total sense for the Ducks. It allows them to most likely get a defensemen and forward in the top 10.
Would be amazing to leave the first round with Rossi + Sanderson , or Drysdale + which ever forward falls to 8.

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
Since Buffalo is in a win-now, would there be a (short term) cap dump they would want to move or another asset (like bottom pair D) that Buffalo would want? I know it's an outside chance that the 2nd is an impact player (top 6 forward, top 3 D), but I'd like the Ducks to have as many swings as possible at landing one.

Edit- Or retention on Rakell. Give Buffalo a little more wiggle room to improve the roster.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Sabres prefer Rakell over Domi who can be under team control for several years in a sign/trade? Cause I'd offer Domi for 8th OA straight up?

Talk about movement in offers with one team using the other to get someone. Bet you this is happening with GM's right now as we speak!

Zach716

Pucks in deep
Nov 24, 2018

#8 in this draft is too heavy for an only 2 year guarantee of Rakell, when we can have team control of our pick for the next 8+ years.

How would you feel about Mittelstadt + 2020 2nd + 2021 3rd + Laaksonen

I Like Eich

Oct 15, 2014
Now this is a great offer. As others pointed out, bump that 3rd to a 2nd or late 1st and it's probably more fair.

The ANA 2020 2nd would actually be perfect for BUF since we're already picking 38th... I have serious doubts on the competency of our front office and scouting department, so to me having two picks (36 & 38) basically right next to each other can only help us, since you're scouting the same batch of players you're expecting to be available in that area.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
#8 in this draft is too heavy for an only 2 year guarantee of Rakell, when we can have team control of our pick for the next 8+ years.

How would you feel about Mittelstadt + 2020 2nd + 2021 3rd + Laaksonen
I mean id take pretty much every other trade in this thread over that

I Like Eich

Oct 15, 2014
Sabres prefer Rakell over Domi who can be under team control for several years in a sign/trade? Cause I'd offer Domi for 8th OA straight up?

Talk about movement in offers with one team using the other to get someone. Bet you this is happening with GM's right now as we speak!

Funny that you're bringing Domi up in here.. because in my head if I were the Sabres GM, the two players I'd be aggressively going after with that 8th pick chip that from what it sounds like are available for trade are Rakell and Domi.

I like Domi a lot, and you bring up a valid point about the contract. My thinking was Domi may cost a little more than Rakell because he's a bit younger and has that RFA status.
At the end of the day though, I'm not bothered by Rakell's contract situation at all (UFA in 2 yrs) The $3.78m AAV on Rakell is going to be better than whatever Domi re-signs for I'm assuming, even if it only ends up being a 2 or 3 year bridge deal. And if BUF were to re-sign Domi to a long-term deal, while I'd like the security of locking him in, the AAV will then be much higher than Rakell's.

Domi is my #2 option I'd try and go for after Rakell though, I think he fits what BUF needs very well. If I couldn't get either, I'd probably keep the pick and draft either Holtz or Lundell.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $6,151.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00