Sep 24, 2011
Tennessee
Bear
Puljujarvi

For

Rakell
Lundestrom

?

I genuinely want you to pitch this to me.
Why would the Ducks do this? What do they get out of it?

Because from my view, Bear has no value to the Ducks with the amount on 20-23 year old defensemen they have that need to establish themselves in the NHL.
Puljujarvi isn't worth a mid 1st anymore.
So how does that equal the mid first + B prospect the Ducks should get?

Oh ya, and the Ducks throw in their first round pick from 2018....

This is terrible.

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010

Because from my view, Bear has no value to the Ducks with the amount on 20-23 year old defensemen they have that need to establish themselves in the NHL.

This is terrible.

That doesn't work for either team. Someone posted earlier in the thread 14ov + Samorukov. That's as high as the Oilers can go. Bear is our best RD, and we have horrid depth on the right side.

Voodoo Glow Skulls

Formerly Vatican Roulette
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017

This is terrible.

Well Bear is a top 4 RHD that's 23. That's something, from what I understand, is a need for the Ducks. Also, he's an RFA.

Puljujarvi is still developing, call him the "B" prospect.

If Lundestrom is highly regarded, then I apologize.

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
I'm just guessing that Bouchard will replace Bear.

Even if he did, Larsson only has a year left on his contract. We have nothing on the right in the pipeline other than Bouchard on the right. I'd much rather move 14ov + Samorukov since Broberg is clearly not being moved and we have Nurse, Klefbom and Jones on LD. Samorukov while a solid prospect is completely redundant.

Gliff

Tank Commander
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Tennessee
That doesn't work for either team. Someone posted earlier in the thread 14ov + Samorukov. That's as high as the Oilers can go. Bear is our best RD, and we have horrid depth on the right side.

Realistically, what would a trade look like around Rakell where the Ducks get one of Broberg or Bouchard?

Gliff

Tank Commander
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Tennessee
Well Bear is a top 4 RHD that's 23. That's something, from what I understand, is a need for the Ducks. Also, he's an RFA.

Puljujarvi is still developing, call him the "B" prospect.

If Lundestrom is highly regarded, then I apologize.

Maybe I'm undervaluing Bear a bit, but I don't view him as that legit top 4 guy. And he isnt an upgrade over what the Ducks already have, so all it does is make the expansion draft shit for the Ducks.
Lundestrom isn't Zegras or anything in terms of value, but he is a top 5 prospect for the Ducks.

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
Realistically, what would a trade look like around Rakell where the Ducks get one of Broberg or Bouchard?

Broberg since having a solid showing and being Holland's 1st pick likely isn't available. Keep in mind Holland took him over Zegras (who I personally wanted). I don't think he's moved.

Bouchard fills the bigger need on the Oilers. Realistically the ask isn't unreasonable but likely there's no deal to be made there. Nurse is probably available before either of them. I'd personally move Bouchard in a package, but not for a winger, only a higher end RD. The guys typically unavailable like the Ekbald, Parayko, etc guys.

Last edited:

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
Maybe I'm undervaluing Bear a bit, but I don't view him as that legit top 4 guy. And he isnt an upgrade over what the Ducks already have, so all it does is make the expansion draft shit for the Ducks.
Lundestrom isn't Zegras or anything in terms of value, but he is a top 5 prospect for the Ducks.

Bear is absolutely a top 4 D. I'll admit he's already surpassed my expectations. I'd proably get flamed by my own fanbase, but he's more valuable than Nurse. (Ducks and hides for cover)

Reactions: TFHockey

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
In a flat cap world a guy like rakell has increasing value because of his contract. I doubt a team like Anaheim, who has financial constraints, would move him for anything less than overpayment.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

Voodoo Glow Skulls

Formerly Vatican Roulette
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017

Fair.

I think Bear fits Anaheim, being a top 4 RD. They don't have a lot of depth on the right side.

Then again, Puljujarvi was also included.

Where you do project Lundestrom to end up? What role?

(Not being a jerk, would like to understand your position)

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Fair.

I think Bear fits Anaheim, being a top 4 RD. They don't have a lot of depth on the right side.

I think a big red flag would be Edmonton willing to move any dman of "top four" value. If he really is that, I doubt a franchise that has been looking for defensive talent and stability for years would move him.

Gliff

Tank Commander
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Tennessee
Bear is absolutely a top 4 D. I'll admit he's already surpassed my expectations. I'd proably get flamed by my own fanbase, but he's more valuable than Nurse. (Ducks and hides for cover)

Sure, and Gudbranson is a top 4 defensemen on the Ducks. That doesn't mean he is going to fetch a guy like Rakell.

Fair.

Lundestrom probably doesn't have the offensive upside to be a top 6 center.
He is probably going to be a good #3 center, maybe a #2 is everything works out or he has an offensive awakening.

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
Sure, and Gudbranson is a top 4 defensemen on the Ducks. That doesn't mean he is going to fetch a guy like Rakell.

I never said he would. I also said I wouldn’t trade him. Now clearly you haven’t watched much of Bear and that’s fine. Gudbranson has nothing to do with anything as he isn’t half the Dman Bear has already shown.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
I never said he would. I also said I wouldn’t trade him. Now clearly you haven’t watched much of Bear and that’s fine. Gudbranson has nothing to do with anything as he isn’t half the Dman Bear has already shown.

Relax dude.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I could see a deal like this on draft day with Brook instead of Fleury (as proposed elsewhere). It would depend on a player the ducks really like being available at 16.

One other factor as to why the ducks don't trade for Brook or Fleury now. If the ducks end up drafting Drysdale at 6, then they might not be looking to add another RHD.

Domi is going to cost more than Rakell on his new contract - not sure if that matters. And, obviously, Rakell is willing to play wing.

That 16th and Brook might be something on draft day. I agree with that. Drysdale slipping to 6th? Doubt that.

Domi has never said he wants to play center only. That was management that said they feel he is best suited at center. My opinion is Domi wants to play with top 6 talent. He's never had that in 5 years so far.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
That 16th and Brook might be something on draft day. I agree with that. Drysdale slipping to 6th? Doubt that.

Domi has never said he wants to play center only. That was management that said they feel he is best suited at center. My opinion is Domi wants to play with top 6 talent. He's never had that in 5 years so far.
A lot of the mock drafts I’ve seen have us taking drysdale at 6. Guess we’ll see, I think ott will take him at 3 or 5

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
A lot of the mock drafts I’ve seen have us taking drysdale at 6. Guess we’ll see, I think ott will take him at 3 or 5

He won't get past the Sens at 5 IMO. Yzerman just drafted a RD last year in Seider so will he go back to back for RD's? He is on record at saying defensemen is one of the hardest thing to find.

I'll be surprised if Drysale is still there at 6.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
He won't get past the Sens at 5 IMO. Yzerman just drafted a RD last year in Seider so will he go back to back for RD's? He is on record at saying defensemen is one of the hardest thing to find.

I tend to agree with you, but based on mock drafts there seems to be a lot of professionals that believe he is there at 6

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I tend to agree with you, but based on mock drafts there seems to be a lot of professionals that believe he is there at 6

It's subjective to what each team thinks before you pick. BPA vs team needs and sometimes BPA is not clear so teams go after need. I think Drysdale is neck and neck with Byfield in that top 4 ranking. Most people would say Drysdale is top 4

Rasp

Apr 9, 2019

The Sens have drafted a RD as their first pick in the first round of both 2018 & 2019 drafts. Do you really think they will go RD in the first round 3 years in a row?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad