Player Discussion Rickard Rakell

Mr Rogers

Jul 11, 2010
Calgary
I didn't realise how far wide Sami's wrister was going. That was really a beautiful deflection by Rick. Both of his playoff goals have so far been nice deflections.

Boo Boo

Jan 31, 2013
I didn't realise how far wide Sami's wrister was going. That was really a beautiful deflection by Rick. Both of his playoff goals have so far been nice deflections.

All three actually - he got a deflection goal in the stars series a few years ago as well as last year vs the jets. I believe they were both overtime goals too

Mr Rogers

Jul 11, 2010
Calgary
All three actually - he got a deflection goal in the stars series a few years ago as well as last year vs the jets. I believe they were both overtime goals too

Oh yes, forgot about that one. Iirc that was the first goal he ever scored at the NHL level

DaDucks*

As mentioned before game 5, he lost 17 pounds from his recent illness.

KeepItDeep

Jun 19, 2007
Sierra Nevadas
Now that the WCOH is over for Rakell and he'll be off the ice for at least a couple weeks recuperating from his abdominal adhesions surgery, I would expect his contract negotiations would kick into high gear.

I don't believe his negotiations have to wait on Lindholm's, because the Ducks know exactly how much they can afford or are willing to give each player. They desperately need both of them, so why not get the ball rolling?

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
Now that the WCOH is over for Rakell and he'll be off the ice for at least a couple weeks recuperating from his abdominal adhesions surgery, I would expect his contract negotiations would kick into high gear.

I don't believe his negotiations have to wait on Lindholm's, because the Ducks know exactly how much they can afford or are willing to give each player. They desperately need both of them, so why not get the ball rolling?

Pretty sure he's still in Sweden recovering

KeepItDeep

Jun 19, 2007
Sierra Nevadas
Pretty sure he's still in Sweden recovering

You don't believe they cannot conduct negotiations electronically, do you?

Phone convos, FaceTime, emails (on secure systems), faxes, etc. are all a part of every negotiation.

And if they agree on terms, there is no doubt in my mind that Bob Murray would not be on a plane to Sweden tonight.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
You don't believe they cannot conduct negotiations electronically, do you?

Phone convos, FaceTime, emails (on secure systems), faxes, etc. are all a part of every negotiation.

And if they agree on terms, there is no doubt in my mind that Bob Murray would not be on a plane to Sweden tonight.

Well, it wouldn't be BM, it'd be some underling, assuming anything other than a fax/email was required. Murray still had way too much work to do.

But this needs to be getting done DURING the tournament. Training camp will be half over by the time it ends.

KeepItDeep

Jun 19, 2007
Sierra Nevadas
Well, it wouldn't be BM, it'd be some underling, assuming anything other than a fax/email was required. Murray still had way too much work to do.

But this needs to be getting done DURING the tournament. Training camp will be half over by the time it ends.

This was my whole point I started with.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
Given where Ricky is now, he either needs to accept he is getting a bridge deal, sign an offer sheet, or sit out the season. Given that Hampus isn't making progress on his desired "security" deal, there is no way Bob would give Ricky one.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Did Rakell go back to Sweden for the surgery? Why wouldn't he stay in North America?

Nordic*

Oct 12, 2006
Tellus
So, regardless, Rakell will probably not be in the starting lineup on opening day? Or if he is, he will not be in great shape.

Right?

KeepItDeep

Jun 19, 2007
Sierra Nevadas
Ryan Strome just re-signed with NYI for $5mil/ 2yrs, according to McKenzie. So a 2.5mil cap hit.

This is a real valid comp for Lindholm. If anything Rakell doesn't deserve as much.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad