Player Discussion Rickard Rakell

McDonald19

Sep 9, 2003
California
Dude was in the hospital for almost a week. Doesn't have his strength and conditioning back. Get him some protein shakes.

Nordic*

Oct 12, 2006
Tellus
He did look better as the game went on, but he was at least partly responsible for one of the goals against when he let (don't remember who?) fly past him along the boards.

Nordic*

Oct 12, 2006
Tellus
Invisible. No doubt he's playing injured.

Not as good as earlier in the season, but hardly invisible either. He had some of our best scoring chances in the game. Also, it doesn't help playing with McGinn, who's been useless, and Perry, who is also struggling.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
Better in game 2 than game 1, but still not back to being the skilled creative forward we need.

I'm just glad he was moving his feet more. The first game he spent a lot of time reaching with his stick, instead of using his skating.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
He had a couple of absolute rocket wrist shots that didn't miss by much. He'll be fine, he's shaking off rust.

Nordic*

Oct 12, 2006
Tellus
Since nothing is working and we're down 0-2, perhaps it's time to bring back the band?

Rocky-Getty-Perry

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
22 games 2 goals 1 assist 3 points -7 when it comes to playoffs in his career so far :rant:

It's funny, his best point production in the playoffs was the 13-14 season. He was so invisible last season. Then this year when everything is going his way, his stupid appendix decided to rupture. That sent him back so far and really hurt his play. I think it might not be fair to judge him too harshly if he does not perform well this season.

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.
It's funny, his best point production in the playoffs was the 13-14 season. He was so invisible last season. Then this year when everything is going his way, his stupid appendix decided to rupture. That sent him back so far and really hurt his play. I think it might not be fair to judge him too harshly if he does not perform well this season.

Yea hist best playoffs came from his 1st. Because of appendix we don't really know this year if he just isn't a playoff performer would really of liked to know that sooner then later.

snarktacular

Aug 2, 2005
He does have a history of performing well in the OHL playoffs. So hopefully that is a good sign.

Nordic*

Oct 12, 2006
Tellus
Given his recent injury and time off, he has performed better than our so called stars have. I mean, where have Getzlaf and Perry been? Fowler?

Kesler has been good, but not as dominant as we need him to be; still lightyears better than the twins.

OCSportsfan

Sep 30, 2011
Rakell played fine last game. You can tell he is gettihg his strength back, but he was one of the better forwards last game.

I am guessing he will get better every game. Hopefully we are in enough games so he can be fully healthy this year.

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
Given his recent injury and time off, he has performed better than our so called stars have. I mean, where have Getzlaf and Perry been? Fowler?

Kesler has been good, but not as dominant as we need him to be; still lightyears better than the twins.

Getzlaf was great tonight. I actually thought he was better than Kesler tonight. Kesler was better the first two gsmes though.

Perry has been garbage all series so far though.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
Rakell was deking around guys tonight like he did in the regular season...Great to see

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad