Player Discussion Rickard Rakell

quentez

#8 Teemu Legend
Apr 2, 2011
Trondheim, Norway
Why is it funny that Palmieri was ranked above him?
Perhaps not as funny as the other ones. But I still feel Rakell will be a better player than Palmieri, even if he is having a career year.

My point was that Rakell always has been going pretty much under the radar of our other so-called top prospects.

snarktacular

Aug 2, 2005
His shot improved leaps and bounds over the offseason. I think that and the fact he's stronger along the boards are the two biggest reasons he's breaking out.
Yeah that unexpected improvement in the shot has been a pleasant surprise. Reminds me of Kariya 1st year vs 2nd year.

It's why I often think physical traits are easier to improve on than mental traits.

Sean Garrity

Quack Quack Quack!
Dec 25, 2007
Dee Eff UU
Continues to improve in all aspects of the game. I think he could become a 60 pt. center if he could start using his teammates a little better.

Getzmonster

Jul 24, 2014
Continues to improve in all aspects of the game. I think he could become a 60 pt. center if he could start using his teammates a little better.

I agree, he needs to show a little more patience at times, rather than trying to dangle around the defense and do it all himself so much. Reminds me of a younger Perry in that way. It'll come though.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
The most impressive part of his season is how willing he is to look for his shot. He's not over passing the puck at all.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
The most impressive part of his season is how willing he is to look for his shot. He's not over passing the puck at all.

His shot is so much better than last year it's incredible. I like how willing he's been to pull the trigger this year.

Sean Garrity

Quack Quack Quack!
Dec 25, 2007
Dee Eff UU
Losing Perry on your wing will do that to a player. I think he's gone back to trying to do too much though. He needs to trust his line mates a bit more and stop trying to make that second or third move.

I completely agree with this assessment.

Here's one thing I didn't know about Rakell.

"I played defense until I was like 14," Rakell said. "I was a stay-at-home defenseman. I liked to throw big hits.''

He threw a big hit this past game. :laugh:

Sean Garrity

Quack Quack Quack!
Dec 25, 2007
Dee Eff UU
Could simply be coincidence, but he seemed to be targeted in the game against Ottawa today. Good on him for potting his 20th of the season.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
Oct 18, 2011
boudreau was absolutely correct in using camp to try new things, you can't stick with the status quo if it's not working. getzlaf was wrong, boudreau was attempting to act in the best interest in the team

and coincidentally, this team has been better with perry and getzlaf split, when we're healthy, so we have 3 lines that can score

Nordic*

Oct 12, 2006
Tellus
Anaheim isa much more fin team to watch when Rakell is playing.

I've missed him tons when he's been injured.

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
Interesting that the issue of camp was brought up by Getzlaf and then Bruce had a talk with him to find out what Getzlaf meant. There sure must have been some **** going down starting in camp this year, based on the comments that have been made.

Just now seeing this. I like hearing this from Bruce. I hope he convinces Murray that if we're going to trade Vatanen for an impact forward, it should be a center. Rakell is a very good player, but I do think he's quite a bit better at wing.

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.
Not a good game 1 against Predators not surprised coming back from after having a appendix problem and not played for a good while.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad