Player Discussion Rick Nash VI

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
Correct me if I'm wrong but the pk was also a mess when Nash was playing as well. Our pk mess is defensive system and goalie based not forward based in my opinion.

The PK may of had similar results when he was in the lineup, but don't tell me you didn't notice the things and stuff he brought to the unit. In fact, several posters mentioned how his things and stuff made him an elite defensive forward in the same vain as Pavel Datsyuk and Bob Gainey.

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
The team is playing well. Hopefully Nash gets well and can help.

i would like to see a 3rd line of rick nash, kevin hayes and oscar lindberg.

give nash lots of pk time. take him off the 2 scoring lines and let him do "stuff".

push stalberg down to line 4- where he belongs and drop one of glass or paille.

thats a start anyway.

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
stuffandthings.jpg

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
i would like to see a 3rd line of rick nash, kevin hayes and oscar lindberg.

give nash lots of pk time. take him off the 2 scoring lines and let him do "stuff".

push stalberg down to line 4- where he belongs and drop one of glass or paille.

thats a start anyway.

I'd absolutely agree with this. It creates a big matchup problem for other teams especially with Zucc and Miller taking the majority of the tough assignments.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
hehe, I believe in R. Nash this season so I will stay positive! :)

ZiGOODejad

intangibles
Nov 30, 2013
I have no expectations for him. Serious enough bone bruise keeping him out this long as well as the fact that he isn't the playoff performer we thought he could be for us. I'll call this season a wash but hey maybe he surprises everyone

94wasagoodyear

Jan 19, 2014
Could this "bone bruise" just be an excuse to rest Nash for a month or so, so that he has extra rest prior to end of season/playoffs? Maybe the reason he has underperformed in playoffs was due to overexerting himself during the reg season?

Kaapo di tutti capi

Jan 13, 2012
Nashville, TN.
Could this "bone bruise" just be an excuse to rest Nash for a month or so, so that he has extra rest prior to end of season/playoffs? Maybe the reason he has underperformed in playoffs was due to overexerting himself during the reg season?

These guys are highly competitive. I doubt Nash or any NHL'er really would stand for being sat to rest up if he was capable of playing.

gorangers0525

Dec 15, 2014
Maybe they'll LTIR him, pick up a large expiring contract, and bring him in for the playoffs.

He's still the teams best forward by a longshot, pffft 3rd line.

Nanaki

Mar 29, 2008
Danbury, CT
Maybe they'll LTIR him, pick up a large expiring contract, and bring him in for the playoffs.

This is my hope as well. It would 100 percent have to be an expiring contract due to cap reasons. The NHL really needs to close this loophole and have a standard Salary Cap for both the season and playoffs. Since it is still legal there really is no reason not to retroactively put him on LTIR if we are in a good position to make the playoffs. It only benefits us.

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse

no
hes
not

and certainly not "by a longshot".

i would like to introduce you to the following players

#'s

they are better.

NYR713

Jun 26, 2012
Did you really mean #13? Or did you mean #16?

Yeah I'm really hoping he meant 16 as well. Nash is, individually, still a better player than those 3 anyway, but Kevin Hayes is nowhere near the "best forward on the team" list.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Nash is having the worst year of his career. Miller is having a career year. Nash still has a higher p/60 this year. :laugh:

Miller has played 14 more games and they're one point apart. And again, this is Nash's worst year and Miller's best year.

BroadwayStorm

Aug 2, 2005
New York City
Nash is trash. I don't ever want to see him again. Worst trade we could have made for a loser player. Please manage to send him to Toronto. Please.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
Nash is trash. I don't ever want to see him again. Worst trade we could have made for a loser player. Please manage to send him to Toronto. Please.

Yeah we should've kept proven winners and not-losers like Dubinsky. He'd score half Nash's goals, maybe, but he'd at least punch people.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $50.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: