Player Discussion Rick Nash VI

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I think, and this is just my opinion, that his days as a 30 goal scorer are finished. He was never really a playoff performer to begin with. So at this point, he is a good two-way second line player, who turns into a very good 3rd line player in the playoffs.

They will never do it, but if I was Gorton, I would try every thing that I can to move him. Far better to move him a year early, than a year late.

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
I think, and this is just my opinion, that his days as a 30 goal scorer are finished. He was never really a playoff performer to begin with. So at this point, he is a good two-way second line player, who turns into a very good 3rd line player in the playoffs.

They will never do it, but if I was Gorton, I would try every thing that I can to move him. Far better to move him a year early, than a year late.

I don't think they will be able to move him without retaining a big chunk of the salary or moving him for so little that it actually hurts the Rangers since he still fills a viable middle 6 role. I think moving for the bag of pucks method will be considered in the off season based on the fee agent market negotiations. Otherwise, the Rangers made their bed with this one, and they will have to live out the rest of the contract.

If they can't move Nash, and he continues his current trajectory, Lundqvist should take a note from the goalie Dennis Lemieux in Slap Shot:

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
I don't think they will be able to move him without retaining a big chunk of the salary or moving him for so little that it actually hurts the Rangers since he still fills a viable middle 6 role. I think moving for the bag of pucks method will be considered in the off season based on the fee agent market negotiations. Otherwise, the Rangers made their bed with this one, and they will have to live out the rest of the contract.

If they can't move Nash, and he continues his current trajectory, Lundqvist should take a note from the goalie Dennis Lemieux in Slap Shot:

I mean at this point I'm open to trading Nash for solely picks OR solely roster players back. Under the assumption that Nash is becoming more of a "playmaker" and an assist guy, there is no reason why Buchnevich, who will cost 7 times less than Nash, can do the same job. What's the point of keeping Nash then?

Move him for whatever you can get. He's starting to decline, it's absolutely visible. Regardless, he's never scoring 40 goals and 75 points again. Great player, absolutely, but on a team where there are only 2 actual good defensemen, sacrifices have to be made. Nash will undoubtedly become one of them.

deano1964

Feb 17, 2016
Speculation:

The fact that Nash has been out of action for so long with a "bone bruise", is this a cover for the fact that they are trying to trade him? Had the nyr "healthy scratch" him, would teams think that he is "out of form" instead of being scratched due to a minor injury? Was this a way to scratch him without impacting his trade value? Thoughts?

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
If Nash was healthy, he would be playing. As he should. However, his presence does not really move the needle much overall.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
A new thread for our biggest threat.

To add some fuel to the convo:

Here's a breakdown of Nash' goals as a Ranger since joining us in 2012 (as of Feb 16 2016):

Trailing 3+: 5
Trailing 2: 7
Trailing 1: 12
Tied: 37
Up 1: 17
Up 2: 16
Up 3+ 7

2014-15
Trailing 3+: 3
Trailing 2: 2
Trailing 1: 3
Tied: 16
Leading 1: 7
Leading 2: 8
Leading 3+: 2

I appreciate your effort but since the overwhelming majority portions of our games are plus 1-2 goals, tied, or minus 1-2 goals those stats do not really say much.

ltrangerfan

Jul 24, 2010
If Nash was offered in the trade market.... What kind of return could the Rangers expect to receive?

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Watch this team try to pk without Nash is all u need to know about just one of the many things this guy brings the

nyrleetch

Aug 2, 2009
New York
Watch this team try to pk without Nash is all u need to know about just one of the many things this guy brings the

Well he hasn't brought that goal scoring lately, so I'm glad we got one thing going for us at 7.8 Mil! :laugh:

Rick Nash still hasn't scored in 2016.

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse

one of the many things ? not including goal scoring then right ?

i mean, tanner glass, dan paille and dom moore all bring many things as well

at what point do we start hearing this ....

"rick nash picks the coolest pre game music on the entire team, i mean he flat out nails it. he brought popsicles the other day too ..... "

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
Could've used him on the PK last night :(

If Rick Nash had played against Chicago he would have consumed the Blackhawks with fireballs from his eyes and lightning bolts from his arse.

The systematic lowering of expectations continues.

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
one of the many things ? not including goal scoring then right ?

i mean, tanner glass, dan paille and dom moore all bring many things as well

at what point do we start hearing this ....

"rick nash picks the coolest pre game music on the entire team, i mean he flat out nails it. he brought popsicles the other day too ..... "

It's only a matter of time before the cult of Nash comes into this thread and tells us we're missing his intangibles.

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
theres nothing like having rick nash on your team.

dude hasn't scored a goal since december. really.

dude hasn't played in weeks

the team has actually played better since he's been out.

and yet this place is still full of posts about how "important he is to the team" and how he would have made a difference with all his "trying hard, dumb bad luck that eventually has to end, secondary assists, empty net goals (like they don't count now ?) and other stuff".

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad