Rick Nash Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kel Varnsen

Below: Nash's Heart
Sep 27, 2009
It seems the pro-Nash crowd harps on his reg season numbers, which aren't even all that great but I digress, the problem is that that playoff impotence isn't small sample size anymore. He sucked in Columbus in the playoffs, he sucked last year during our run, and he's sucked big time during a very long run. There's just zero reason to think that's going to change all of a sudden. Playoff hockey isn't regular season hockey. We all know that. So we should also all know that Nash isn't capable of playing playoff hockey. He's proven that again, and again, and again.

Last edited by a moderator:

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
A point per game with Columbus in 2009 in the playoffs is sucking?

Nash had a rough time scoring this year, but despite greatly improving possession and playing well defensively, he can't play in the playoffs? You can get on him for not scoring all you want, I thought he was really unlucky, but that's not an excuse for only 3 goals. But it's just ridiculous to say "he can't play in the playoffs".

Kel Varnsen

Sep 27, 2009
A point per game with Columbus in 2009 in the playoffs is sucking?

Nash had a rough time scoring this year, but despite greatly improving possession and playing well defensively, he can't play in the playoffs? You can get on him for not scoring all you want, I thought he was really unlucky, but that's not an excuse for only 3 goals. But it's just ridiculous to say "he can't play in the playoffs".

He was not ppg in Columbus. And on his way to not going ppg, he managed only 1 goal, and a -4 as he watched his team get swept.

And he's a goalscorer. So yeah, he can't play in the playoffs. He hasn't played in the playoffs.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
He was not ppg in Columbus. And on his way to not going ppg, he managed only 1 goal, and a -4 as he watched his team get swept.

And he's a goalscorer. So yeah, he can't play in the playoffs. He hasn't played in the playoffs.

3 points in 4 games is as close as you can get to a PPG.

Columbus lost to the eventual Stanley Cup Runner up.

Kel Varnsen

Sep 27, 2009
4 points in 4 games is a point per game.

Columbus lost to the eventual Stanley Cup Runner up.

Some of the bull-**** you write is just too stupid to comprehend.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/teams/players/bio/?id=2288

Wasn't 4 points in 4 games...

Unless I missed that he gets an extra point for being the special little guy that he is. That might explain why some of you bend over backwards to excuse his piss poor 7.8 million dollar plus Dubi plus Anisimov plus Erixon plus a first performance.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013

Unless I missed that he gets an extra point for being the special little guy that he is. That might explain why some of you bend over backwards to excuse his piss poor 7.8 million dollar plus Dubi plus Anisimov plus Erixon plus a first performance.

I forgot he had 3 and not 4. ****ing crucify me why don't you.

I didn't know typing out posts is bending over backwards to defend Nash. Why do you waste so much time senselessly ******** on him?

Kel Varnsen

Sep 27, 2009
I forgot he had 3 and not 4. ****ing crucify me why don't you.

I didn't know typing out posts is bending over backwards to defend Nash. Why do you waste so much time senselessly ******** on him?

Hey bud, you said he was ppg and then when I tried to correct you you again insisted he was ppg so I linked you the proof that he wasn't. Just because you were objectively wrong and maybe now a little embarrassed about it, don't take it out on me. That's on you.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
Hey bud, you said he was ppg and then when I tried to correct you you again insisted he was ppg so I linked you the proof that he wasn't. Just because you were objectively wrong and maybe now a little embarrassed about it, don't take it out on me. That's on you.

I changed that post when I realized I was wrong. You took it the step further with your garbage "oh is he just a special little guy?" comment.

I'm actually embarrassed for you because when people defend Nash as an actual hockey player you don't have jack **** to respond with, and YOU look foolish.

slipknottin

Apr 11, 2011
CT
He had a playoff like Hossa just had. Guess it happens sometimes.

I think it is a shame they made the trade. But it can't be undone at this point. Have to live with Nash and hope he plays great so he has value next season in a trade

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG

Nash didn't make the deal. If it's a bad deal, who is responsible?

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
He had a playoff like Hossa just had. Guess it happens sometimes

Except everyone on these boards would trade Nash for Hossa. Grass is always greener on the other side. This board had an obsession with ******** on its players. Zucc, Nash, MSL, Hank and Stepan all received irrational hate this past year. It's pretty funny actually.

KingWantsCup

#FightLikeHell
Jul 3, 2009
New Jersey
Trade him the second he goes on a hot streak to some dumb, desperate team in need of scoring next year. He's useless in the playoffs, and quite frankly we'd be lucky if his value ever ascends high enough to garner some team willing to trade good pieces for him and his awful contract.

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
It seems the pro-Nash crowd harps on his reg season numbers, which aren't even all that great but I digress, the problem is that that playoff impotence isn't small sample size anymore. He sucked in Columbus in the playoffs, he sucked last year during our run, and he's sucked big time during a very long run. There's just zero reason to think that's going to change all of a sudden. Playoff hockey isn't regular season hockey. We all know that. So we should also all know that Nash isn't capable of playing playoff hockey. He's proven that again, and again, and again.

It's small sample. If you don't understand that you don't understand statistics and there's no point trying to convince otherwise.

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
Trade him the second he goes on a hot streak to some dumb, desperate team in need of scoring next year. He's useless in the playoffs, and quite frankly we'd be lucky if his value ever ascends high enough to garner some team willing to trade good pieces for him and his awful contract.

And then we can ***** and moan about how much we miss him as soon as his replacement hits a cold streak

ltrangerfan

Jul 24, 2010
He had a playoff like Hossa just had. Guess it happens sometimes.

I think it is a shame they made the trade. But it can't be undone at this point. Have to live with Nash and hope he plays great so he has value next season in a trade

Almost Fully agree. The problem is that if Nash plays great next season...I forgot why the team will need to trade him?

Waivers

Sep 27, 2013
NY
I'm actually embarrassed for you because when people defend Nash as an actual hockey player you don't have jack **** to respond with, and YOU look foolish.

... He played on Team Canada three times in a row for the Olympics, he can play hockey.

You just hate how much cap space he eats up for his lack of goal production. :thumbu:

Algernop Kreider

Ant strength
Mar 9, 2014
New York
In 2012-13 he scored 0.95 PPG, on pace for 36 G and 36 A. Can we at least wait and see whether his bad year is more than just one bad year, before we suggest he should be traded for "a decent roster player"?

Rick Nash 61

The Best
Jul 6, 2014
New York
Rick Nash will show everyone next season. Too many people are down on him. He's still probably the best all around forward we have on this team. We are not trading him.

Oak

Apr 22, 2012
MA
I hated on Nash as much as everyone else did these past playoffs, but look at other star players in the league who were shut down.

Crosby has 1 goal in 13 playoff games. I am not counting his assists because he plays on a team with more offensive talent. Nash has 3 goals in 25. Not great but I think it's fair to say when you are considered the best player on a team and targeted by top pairing D it is some what understandable.

On the flip side many of Nashes attempts at getting the puck on net were pathetic. His one dimensional deek move through 2 players which failed every time, or his lame shots which weren't even close to being a snipe that he took from too far away. I feel like he played without confidence, but at least he back checked hard and gave his all in other parts of the game. Not a justification for his lack of scoring though.

I am hoping Nash has a stellar regular season. If he does I will give him a pass. If he fades into mediocrity we will probably be calling for his head as much as we will Tanner Glass. Unless we pick up somebody soon to be our 2/3 center I don't have a great feeling about next season. JT Miller is ok but won't fill B-Rads shoes. I don't like Fast at all from what I have seen, and am often surprised how high some people are on him.

GOAT AINEC

Soon..
Jun 4, 2014
Him missing the open net goal in overtime still gives me nightmares.

Last edited:

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
Him missing the open net goal in overtime still gives me nightmares.

he didnt miss it. it was a ridiculously lucky play by the kings to stop that puck.

he also hit what, 3 posts? 4?

set up hagelin for a tap in, nothing.

set up MSL for a breakaway, nothing.

Set up Kreider for 3 breakways, nothing.

he coulda easily have 5-8 more points with a little luck his way.

wahtever, crap happens.

ThisYearsModel

Mar 4, 2004
We now know what Columbus knew......Nash is not clutch and he does not deliver the needed effort on a regular basis. Good thing he rode Canada to those gold medals, because it is the only hardware he will have at the end of his career. He is simply not that good, and nowhere worth the absurd money he gets. Unfortunately, the rest of the league knows this now. Glen Aather did not, apparently.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad