Rick Nash Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

PromNite

Know Your Enemy
Apr 30, 2007
Tampa, FL
Who's wearing Nash' jersey during Ranger games? He's on pace for 123 goals this season haha.

Great to see him off to a great start. I just hope he can, for once, put up the numbers worthy of his cap hit.

I have a a Nash shirt that I wore for the first game. Maybe it'll be good luck this season. It was terrible luck last playoffs

Kel Varnsen

Below: Nash's Heart
Sep 27, 2009
Who's wearing Nash' jersey during Ranger games? He's on pace for 123 goals this season haha.

Great to see him off to a great start. I just hope he can, for once, put up the numbers worthy of his cap hit.

Nash scores fine during the reg season. The problem is he refuses to in the playoffs.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
Nash scores fine during the reg season. The problem is he refuses to in the playoffs.

Yes, I notice it as well. Every time he takes the ice in the post-season I can clearly see him yelling, "I WILL NOT SCORE ANY GOALS, YOU CAN'T MAKE ME!"

Swept In Seven

Disciple of The Zook
Apr 27, 2010
Nash is going to have a career year, he is over the concussion issues and in the best shape of his life. His ****** postseason really seemed to motivate him, a shot at the Cup motivated him, we have never seen a motivated Rick Nash. He will live up to the cap hit, he is hungry to prove himself after realizing that his reputation is in danger due to his postseason performances.

I am excited because he is going to the net hard and is still playing great defensively, not to mention the best aspect of his return to life is the fact that he is physically engaged and not shying away from the dirty areas. This is vintage Rick Nash v.2, a bull in a china shop with a quick deadly shot and great hands funneling defense in to offense. Also the chemistry he has with MSL and Kreids is unreal, they complement each other amazingly.

1-2, blown out at home, but I can easily say that I am anticipating great things from this club as soon as they put it all together and Nash is going to play a major role in making this team an even more lethal contender than last years squad

Fugazy

Brick by Brick
Jun 1, 2014
New York
Nash is going to have a career year, he is over the concussion issues and in the best shape of his life. His ****** postseason really seemed to motivate him, a shot at the Cup motivated him, we have never seen a motivated Rick Nash. He will live up to the cap hit, he is hungry to prove himself after realizing that his reputation is in danger due to his postseason performances.

I am excited because he is going to the net hard and is still playing great defensively, not to mention the best aspect of his return to life is the fact that he is physically engaged and not shying away from the dirty areas. This is vintage Rick Nash v.2, a bull in a china shop with a quick deadly shot and great hands funneling defense in to offense. Also the chemistry he has with MSL and Kreids is unreal, they complement each other amazingly.

1-2, blown out at home, but I can easily say that I am anticipating great things from this club as soon as they put it all together and Nash is going to play a major role in making this team an even more lethal contender than last years squad

He certainly looks absolutely stellar out of the gate. He's a bit of a streaky player in the past but I am really enjoying seeing him play good two way hockey. He looks motivated and in much better overall shape than last season. Very excited to see how he progresses through the season.

trilobyte

Regulated User
Dec 9, 2008
Calgary, Alberta
I think that Nash knew that he could improve his game by coming into camp in good shape. Of course, I believe every player should have the integrity and self-respect to ensure that, but good for Rick.

There is probably a good chance that he just feels like he left those concussion scares behind him. I am not belittling concussions in any way, but I sometimes wonder if Nash just became averse to contact and freely skating the way he is capable, and it just required months of nothing bad happening for him to get more comfortable.

Swept In Seven

Disciple of The Zook
Apr 27, 2010
Remember a few days ago when his shot was "downright bad?"

No one does knee-jerk overreaction quite like HFNYR.

I have never criticized Nash's skill set because I think he is among the best players in the world when it comes to pure skill; just his work ethic and willingness to refrain from being a perimeter player which thus far in the early days of the season he has shown both physicality and a penchant for going to the dirty areas again (like earlier in his career). Couple that with his great defensive effort and you have the makings of a monster specimen with world class skill.

I know that he isn't your typical "finally putting it all together" candidate considering he is a established veteran but last postseason marked a change made in Nash's game which he is now establishing this season. The man is playing up to every cent of his contract thus far this season

Socks

Stuff and Things Man
Nov 14, 2007
Stuff and Things
Jackets fan in peace. Any word on a name for baby Nash? I hate Nash the player but will always have a soft spot for Rick the man. I wish him and his family nothing but the best! :)

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
I have never criticized Nash's skill set because I think he is among the best players in the world when it comes to pure skill; just his work ethic and willingness to refrain from being a perimeter player which thus far in the early days of the season he has shown both physicality and a penchant for going to the dirty areas again (like earlier in his career). Couple that with his great defensive effort and you have the makings of a monster specimen with world class skill.

I know that he isn't your typical "finally putting it all together" candidate considering he is a established veteran but last postseason marked a change made in Nash's game which he is now establishing this season. The man is playing up to every cent of his contract thus far this season

I wasn't responding to you specifically. A group of posters a few games ago were going on about how Nash has a bad shot because he wasn't scoring goals on command.

I totally agree with your assessment of him. He's always had the skill. Last season he lacked the will. After getting some real bad press about it, it seems that he's taken the criticism to heart and is ready to go all in this year. I'm all for it. If last year's struggle ends up providing the Rangers with a 30-40 goal scorer who can play a complete game, that's a win IMO.

PromNite

Know Your Enemy
Apr 30, 2007
Tampa, FL
I'm happy for Nash, but I'm far from immediately thinking he's gonna have a career year. He's shooting at like 50% right now.

We need more balanced scoring throughout the lineup than we need Ricky to have a 50 goal season, anyway.

Megustaelhockey

"I like hockey" in Spanish
Apr 29, 2011
Guys, this is exactly the kind of thread our new system of player discussion was intended to prevent. Nash having a baby, while a legitimate topic of discussion, is not by itself enough of a jumping off point for its own thread. If something more noteworthy about Nash's play comes up, you can begin a new thread about it, but if you'd like to keep talking about Nash's newborn or about him in general, please take the discussion to our NYR forwards thread.

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1747223

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad