Rick Nash Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
We now know what Columbus knew......Nash is not clutch and he does not deliver the needed effort on a regular basis. Good thing he rode Canada to those gold medals, because it is the only hardware he will have at the end of his career. He is simply not that good, and nowhere worth the absurd money he gets. Unfortunately, the rest of the league knows this now. Glen Aather did not, apparently.

Yea Columbus's elite centers also got him a Richard. He's like a modern day Cheechoo. Glen Aather did not see what the rest of the league saw.

Fletch

Feb 27, 2002
Brooklyn
Visit site
It seems the pro-Nash crowd harps on his reg season numbers, which aren't even all that great but I digress, the problem is that that playoff impotence isn't small sample size anymore. He sucked in Columbus in the playoffs, he sucked last year during our run, and he's sucked big time during a very long run. There's just zero reason to think that's going to change all of a sudden. Playoff hockey isn't regular season hockey. We all know that. So we should also all know that Nash isn't capable of playing playoff hockey. He's proven that again, and again, and again.

So what is the solution, or are you just trying to convince people to hate Nash, a cog on posters' favorite team?

KreiMeARiver*

This thread....sorry... these threads have become nothing more than:

:deadhorse:

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
So what is the solution, or are you just trying to convince people to hate Nash, a cog on posters' favorite team?

There is no solution to these anti-Nash ramblings, which is why I can't take that poster's vitriol seriously.

This team is largely devoid of pure goal scoring talent outside of Nash and now MSL. Its been a concern and it continues to be an concern.

Nash has been a massive disappointment in big games, but I'll take my chances hoping an immense talent like him can turn it around instead of hastily jettisoning him in search of the next unnamed solution.

Fletch

Feb 27, 2002
Brooklyn
Visit site
There is no solution to these anti-Nash ramblings, which is why I can't take that poster's vitriol seriously.

This team is largely devoid of pure goal scoring talent outside of Nash and now MSL. Its been a concern and it continues to be an concern.

Nash has been a massive disappointment in big games, but I'll take my chances hoping an immense talent like him can turn it around instead of hastily jettisoning him in search of the next unnamed solution.

I agree, and of course, let's be realistic. He has a NMC for a reason - because he likely doesn't want to move. Further, while he has been a huge disappointment in the big games, he is this team's leading goal scorer these past two seasons, and that's mostly at even strength. Hopefully he can get up to 30-35 goals, or more, and help this team get into the playoffs this season.

KingWantsCup

#FightLikeHell
Jul 3, 2009
New Jersey
And then we can ***** and moan about how much we miss him as soon as his replacement hits a cold streak

I will not miss him no matter what. Useless playoff performer and doesn't even perform up to salary expectations in the regular season. There's nothing to miss about that. He squandered an opportunity we may not have for another 20 years. Unforgivable.

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
I will not miss him no matter what. Useless playoff performer and doesn't even perform up to salary expectations in the regular season. There's nothing to miss about that. He squandered an opportunity we may not have for another 20 years. Unforgivable.

Same things were said about Gaborik and now everyone misses him

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
Expanding on something I said in the last thread... Nash is good for 30-35 goals per 82 games, but has been pretty streaky in his time here. He has 5 goals in 41 playoff games. Would anyone really be all that shocked to watch him put up 25 in the next 41?

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
Expanding on something I said in the last thread... Nash is good for 30-35 goals per 82 games, but has been pretty streaky in his time here. He has 5 goals in 41 playoff games. Would anyone really be all that shocked to watch him put up 25 in the next 41?

Not shocked, but I wouldn't expect it.

The game changes in the playoffs and Im not sure Nash is a versatile enough player to adjust.

zuckera1

Mar 3, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Nash will bounce back next season, ala Gabby in his 3rd season here after an injury-plagued 2nd.

I'm expecting 30-35 goals and 30-35 assists, around 65-70 points. If healthy, I think he'll reach that number this year.

The playoffs, however, are an entirely different animal. I think that, for the most part, his effort-level was where in needed to be in our playoff run and better than it usually is during the season. He deserved more than 3 goals, as like many have said he hit several posts and got robbed countless times. It is what it is at this point.

All we can do is move on and hope he bounces back next year. Trading him now with his value in the toilet isn't smart. I believe he'll return to his usual regular season numbers next year and then down the road we can look to trading him when the cap is higher and there's less term remaining on his contract.

We usually have trouble scoring goals, right? Why trade our leading goal scorer over the past two years then? We need Nash to get us to the playoffs, what he does in the playoffs however is a question mark.

OverTheCap

Jan 3, 2009
If Nash wants to have more success in the playoffs, not only does he need to play less along the perimeter, but he also has to score relatively early in the playoffs so it doesn't become a confidence issue for him. In both 2013 and 2014, it took him quite some time to score his first goal of the postseason and I think it caused him to press and grip his stick a bit tighter.

Kel Varnsen

Below: Nash's Heart
Sep 27, 2009
Same things were said about Gaborik and now everyone misses him

Maybe they were said by dumb people. Gaborik was a hell of a lot better playoff performer than Nash even when Gabby was playing all those games with a torn rotator cuff.

Kel Varnsen

Below: Nash's Heart
Sep 27, 2009

Solution is to deal him for whatever you can get. The guy is a cancer to winning anything meaningful with his play and his cap hit. There seems to be some question about whether his no move is still operative after he already waived it to come here so hopefully it's not. But even if it is, hopefully the Garden does what maybe the Garden does better than anywhere else and that's boo him every time he touches the puck so that he'll ask to be traded.

slipknottin

Apr 11, 2011
CT
Solution is to deal him for whatever you can get. The guy is a cancer to winning anything meaningful with his play and his cap hit. There seems to be some question about whether his no move is still operative after he already waived it to come here so hopefully it's not. But even if it is, hopefully the Garden does what maybe the Garden does better than anywhere else and that's boo him every time he touches the puck so that he'll ask to be traded.

A cancer to winning anything meaningful? Didn't they just go to the finals? Seems they won an awful lot of meaningful games

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006

So, your solution is no solution at all.

Further contradicted considering the Rangers won the Eastern Conference title with the cancerous Rick Nash on the roster.

Fletch

Feb 27, 2002
Brooklyn
Visit site

A cancer? He was just on a team that went further than all but one NHL team last season, and was previously on a NYR team that lost to a better Boston team, with or without Nash. I get the disappointment in his play, but to say he's a cancer? Unfortunately for you, there's a slim-to-none chance he is moved because he as an NMC, and the Rangers may need his 25-30 goals to get back in the playoffs, so you may find yourself cheering a goal here and there this coming season.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
Blaming the entire SCF on Rick Nash?

Yeah, it was totally Rick's fault that the team was outshot 3 or 4 to 1 in the 3rd periods of multiple games, the biggest NHL games everyone on the roster had every played. Rick should have taken at least 20 extra shots himself each of those periods.

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
Yeah, it was totally Rick's fault that the team was outshot 3 or 4 to 1 in the 3rd periods of multiple games, the biggest NHL games everyone on the roster had every played. Rick should have taken at least 20 extra shots himself each of those periods.

Even if Nash had 10 shots on goal in a period people will flip out and say he's a floater who takes soft shots. If Nash scored in one of those OTs "lololol Nash" posts would probably be here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $50.00