Coach Discussion: Rick Bowness

How would you grade Rick Bowness so far at the 1/4 mark?

• A- to A+

Votes: 147 68.4%
  • B- to B+

Votes: 46 21.4%
  • C- to C+

Votes: 17 7.9%
  • D- to D+

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • F

Votes: 5 2.3%

• Total voters

Yukon Joe

Aug 3, 2011
YWG -> YXY -> YEG
Does anyone know anything about Judy Bowness? I really don't care to know anything about her recent injury or prognosis, but where is she from? When did her and Rick get married?

Mostly I'm just curious if she's from Winnipeg or not.

Reactions: Stumbledore

Stumbledore

Jan 1, 2018
Canada
Does anyone know anything about Judy Bowness? I really don't care to know anything about her recent injury or prognosis, but where is she from? When did her and Rick get married?

Mostly I'm just curious if she's from Winnipeg or not.
Judy is quite averse to publicity. She has shown up at a few of her kids' events but mostly avoids any public appearances. Even their wedding date is unknown.

Judy has three kids: one son works for the Ottawa Senators, their daughter Kristen works for the Nashville Predators, not sure what the other boy does.

Reactions: Jets 31

ThinIce61

Jul 11, 2018
He's a very good coach and we are lucky to have him. He meshes perfectly with this roster. When everyone has bought in, it's an absolute joy to watch.

I wonder how many more years he has in him though. I thought he was crazy when he said he was coming here to contend for 2 years. Well... here we are.
If the stars align and the Jets somehow win the Stanley Cup I'm betting he retires. While the organization may want him back to defend this hypothetically won Cup I think he decides to go out on a win and spend some much deserved time with his wife and family.

Reactions: AlaskaJet and ERYX

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
Beautiful work and a lovely recognition for Bowness. He seems to have the rare ability to make both youngsters and vets comfortable. The cohesiveness in the current squad is remarkable, thats not just smoke and mirrors.

Good for him! Happy that he's getting the recognition.

Last edited:

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
People underestimate how good of a coach he truly is.

He's honestly better than Paul Maurice. Can't bring Claude Noel in the conversation.
Which people? According to this poll 90% of respondents from this forum gave him above a B last year, and now he's got the team performing even better.

ERYX

'Pegger in Exile
Oct 25, 2014
Ontario, Canada
I thought this article by Murat in the Athletic was excellent:

Which people? According to this poll 90% of respondents from this forum gave him above a B last year, and now he's got the team performing even better.
There's a very vocal minority of negative posters that make it seem like more people are down on Bones. Most of the 90% of respondents don't post very often, hence the impression that people don't appreciate Bones. Although this year even the pessimists seem to be coming around.

Reactions: Gabe Kupari

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese
    Bologna vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4