Injury Report: Rich Peverley out for season, surgery successful

Stars99Lobo37

May 9, 2004
Sec 314 - Richardson
I fully believe he's going to be involved with our franchise, whether it's playing for the team or not. Just needs to worry about getting healthy at the moment though, obviously.

Bkennedy*

It's all been so surreal for me. I'm one of the least religious people on earth and I caught myself saying a prayer when I heard it was Peverley for the first time. Just that feeling of hopelessness that you can't control a situation.

I'm just so happy he's okay, whatever the playing situation in the future may be. Looks optimistic, though.

Juneemoon

Oct 29, 2003
Visit site
A heart has millions of electrical cells that tell its muscles when to contract and when to release. It can take only one cell malfunctioning to cause A-Fib. The surgery he's having won't be cutting his chest open, it's called an ablation.

They puncture the femoral artery, which runs inside the groin up through the abdomen and run an electrode up there and basically kill the cells that are acting up.

Hull Fan

The Future is Now
Mar 21, 2007
Arlington, TX
Not a surprise he's done for the year but I'm curious as to how soon they'll know about next season. Nill has to plan to not have him at this point, right?

Stars99Lobo37

May 9, 2004
Sec 314 - Richardson
Not a surprise he's done for the year but I'm curious as to how soon they'll know about next season. Nill has to plan to not have him at this point, right?

They will know more after the surgery I believe is what they stated.

Do think Nill has a plan, as you said, though. He has to. Sucks to even think about it.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
They will know more after the surgery I believe is what they stated.

Do think Nill has a plan, as you said, though. He has to. Sucks to even think about it.

I would think he had to come up with a plan when Pevs had the first surgery last fall. There were no guarantees then that it would be successful enough for him to continue playing.

If Rich can't play again I hope he can remain with the Stars in some capacity- guy is a true pro & I think he'd be great mentoring younger players.

PezRadar

Peverley #1 Fan!
Jan 20, 2008
Dallas Texas
I would think he had to come up with a plan when Pevs had the first surgery last fall. There were no guarantees then that it would be successful enough for him to continue playing.

If Rich can't play again I hope he can remain with the Stars in some capacity- guy is a true pro & I think he'd be great mentoring younger players.

Pevs never had a surgery last fall.

Agreed - Hope to see him part of the organization for a long time.

jhr1986

Jul 2, 2012
DFWish
I'm sure Nill has a good idea what he wants to do. Either way, the results of the surgery and decision whether or not Rich can play will be known/decided before free agency and the draft so the organization should have plenty of time to make personnel decisions.

Primetimey*

So, just to confirm, Sceviour stays with Dallas now full-time but once he gets past those 10 games they can't send him down (without waivers). Correct?

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Actually debated for a second whether or not they have "visiting hours" at the Cleveland Clinic here, and if I could pay Pevs a visit.

Don't think so. :laugh:

Just thrilled to see him progressing, even if he didn't seem too thrilled with the reality of his season being over. :handclap:

PezRadar

Peverley #1 Fan!
Jan 20, 2008
Dallas Texas
I have seats on Friday behind the players again.

Trying to think of a new sign for Pevs. Will be there with my Raptor Jesus jersey again.

haf

Mar 3, 2008
I have seats on Friday behind the players again.

Trying to think of a new sign for Pevs. Will be there with my Raptor Jesus jersey again.

It's so weird but my first thoughts were of you guys. Weird I know.
Glad you are wearing the jersey. Hopefully they show it and Pevs gets to see it.

PezRadar

Peverley #1 Fan!
Jan 20, 2008
Dallas Texas
I will wear the Raptor Jesus jersey. Probably not the masks but I want to make a sign that says something with Rich "Raptor Jesus" Peverley on it.

PezRadar

Peverley #1 Fan!
Jan 20, 2008
Dallas Texas
Going to use "Keep Rolling" with a g as that is what every story quotes it as.

Gonna have that on top in quotes and just "Rich "Raptor Jesus" Peverley" on the bottom. Got a perfect picture.

Not gonna photoshop a raptor head. For one sign, this feels the most appropriate. Hope it adds a spring to their step on Friday :)

MetalGodAOD*

Mike Heika ‏@MikeHeika 15m

Rich Peverley stopped by before practice and said hi to the players, according to Ray Whitney. ``He looked great,'' Whitney said.

Nill also said the players wanted to come down to the press conference after getting in late the night before, but he told them to stay home and rest.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad