HF Habs: RFA: Armia (Signed) ; Hudon (Signed) ; Lehkonen (Signed) ; McCarron (Unsigned)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edgy

Nov 30, 2009
Gallagher never filed for arbitration and he's still with the team.
Not for lack of trying to get rid of him. No one wanted him.
You have to agree though, Bergevin never filed for arbitration, and he's still with the team
Everyone wanted him to stay here. They said he's making it easier for them to sign their RFAs. He's a Trojan horse, about the same quality as one too.

Last edited:

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
not having issue paying guys like Chiarot 3.5m a year, but having an issue offering Lehkonen 2.5-3M a year is quite hilarious
Ones a ufa and the other is an rfa with ZERO leverage who scored 11 goals and went 31 games with out a goal and his goal scoring has regressed since his rookie year
Why on earth should he get 3 million?

ForeverHabs97

May 11, 2013
Canada
Ones a ufa and the other is an rfa with ZERO leverage who scored 11 goals and went 31 games with out a goal and his goal scoring has regressed since his rookie year
Goals/pts aren't everything in life to evaluate a player you know. Lehkonen brings more to the team than his offensive production, that I really hope he picks up.

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008

He's important and I absolutely love him (can we sign our homegrown talents for once...) but you are correct Bergevin is playing this properly as by NHL arbitration standards certain of his skills aren't factored in. We are most likely talking defensive acumen , pk prowess and puck retrieval skills. They are going to look at his stats and most likely award him 2.25 to 2.75M , I don't see many comparables making 3M. Either way I don't see this as an issue and I think they'll both be re-signed for multiple years at under 5.6M for both.

Last edited:
Reactions: ForeverHabs97

Kairi Zaide

Unforgiven
Aug 11, 2009
Quebec City
Because he is a 3rd liner by all mean, and that's what a 3rd liner who's not amongs the elite ones, but still amongst the good ones, get paid now.

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
Goals/pts aren't everything in life to evaluate a player you know. Lehkonen brings more to the team than his offensive production, that I really hope he picks up.
Arbitrator looks at comparable players pts wise
He had 11 goals man. You really think Suzuki couldn’t get that
Leks is a bottom line player and 2-2.5 is a the max

Reactions: angusyoung

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
He's important and I absolutely love him (can be sign our homegrown talent for once...) but you are correct Bergevin is playing this properly as by NHL arbitration standards certain of his skills aren't factored in. We are most likely talking defensive acumen , pk prowess and puck retrieval skills. They are going to look at his stats and most likely award him 2.25 to 2.75M , I don't see many comparables making 3M. Either way I don't see this as an issue and I think they'll both be re-signed for multiple years at under 5.6M for both.
Gotta be honest. I don’t care for either. I believe Poehling and Suzuki playing those minutes would be better since we’re not getting anyone else this summer
Ok leks is young, Armia is so meh to me.

ForeverHabs97

May 11, 2013
Canada
Arbitrator looks at comparable players pts wise
He had 11 goals man. You really think Suzuki couldn’t get that
Leks is a bottom line player and 2-2.5 is a the max
I don't know if that's entirely true. How do you evaluate defenceman or goalies then, is it just on points? +\-? Pts definitely has a part in it but it doesnt paint the whole picture.

For forwards it's more important, which Lehkonen is.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Agreed, he would be an expensive 10 goal man. A league minimum kid could probably replicate what he brings, I am not a fan of Lehkonen.

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
I don't know if that's entirely true. How do you evaluate defenceman or goalies then, is it just on points? +\-? Pts definitely has a part in it but it doesnt paint the whole picture.

For forwards it's more important, which Lehkonen is.
Dmen are completely different. Different set of stats
An 11-13 goal scorer does not deserve 3 million

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
I'm a fan of Lehkonen and I still have hope for him.

He needs to get his offense going to not become another Jacob DeLarose
He’s better than DLR but that’s not hard
His offence will not be more than 15 a year.
That’s not awful it’s just a bottom 6 player
Don’t expect this guy to be a 20-25 goal man
It’s not happening

ForeverHabs97

May 11, 2013
Canada
He’s better than DLR but that’s not hard
His offence will not be more than 15 a year.
That’s not awful it’s just a bottom 6 player
Don’t expect this guy to be a 20-25 goal man
It’s not happening
Probably not at this rate I agree. He did it pretty damn well in Europe/Finland iirc. Scored a ton of goals at some point and got the MVP I'm pretty sure. Might be confusing with Pettersson but I doubt it.

As soon as he came to the smaller rink in the NHL it just vanished/no confidence.

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
Probably not at this rate I agree. He did it pretty damn well in Europe/Finland iirc. Scored a ton of goals at some point and got the MVP I'm pretty sure. Might be confusing with Pettersson but I doubt it.

As soon as he came to the smaller rink in the NHL it just vanished/no confidence.
Kerfoot got 3.5 and kapanen got 3.2 and their stats are far and above better than leks
You can say stacked team but they put them up
Leks shouldn’t get a cent over 2.5 and neither should Armia

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Lehkonen got 18 goals his first season. No reason not to repeat and do better in the future.

If we base it on rumors, I seem to remember several instances where Lehkonen was being sought in deals and MB refused to include him. I wonder how much he’s asking right now.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Kerfoot got 3.5 and kapanen got 3.2 and their stats are far and above better than leks
You can say stacked team but they put them up
Leks shouldn’t get a cent over 2.5 and neither should Armia

I figure $2.05m for Lehkonen. 3 years: $1.85m, $2.05m & $2.25m. His last 2 years haven't been great even though he had a solid rookie season.

But, yeah, absolute maximum is $2.5m but only over 2 years.

Having a player go through arbitration isn't a bad thing. It opens up a 2nd buyout window for the Habs.

Potentially, Alzner is still a buyout candidate because of it.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Hudon: He's gonna use his 30 points season as an argument to try to get a 1-way around 1 to 1.5 million.

Armia: Gonna compare himself to Tanev to try and get 3-3.5 million.

Lehkonen: He'll use Sheary, Rust and Vesey as comparables and try to get 2.5-3 million.

And, he has a good comparable on his own team, Peca, although Peca got that as a UFA so he may not be a comparable. But, yeah, he's looking for $1m & one way.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad