HF Habs: RFA: Armia (Signed) ; Hudon (Signed) ; Lehkonen (Signed) ; McCarron (Unsigned)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
Hudon is probably playing the only card he has left.

He's really in the desert.

He's owned by a team whose coach won't play him.

His GM can't find a suitable trade for him or more than likely, there is no demand.

And so, on to arbitration.
Which card is that? J'suis d'chez nous la!

Last edited:

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Heinen just signed a 2 year, $5.6m contract with Bruins. That's $2.8m a year.

He's actually a very good comparable for Armia, who I've been saying should be at $2.8m. However, Armia is UFA next year & Tanev just got $3.5m in UFA.

Probably: $3.5m, $3.2m & $2.9m (front load contract) over 3 years. Cap: $3.2m.

Or 1 year at $2.8m then let him go UFA.

Lehkonen should come in at a lower rate: $2.15m & $2.25m over 2 years. Cap: $2.2m.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON

He's actually a very good comparable for Armia, who I've been saying should be at $2.8m. However, Armia is UFA next year & Tanev just got $3.5m in UFA.

Lehkonen should come in at a lower rate: $2.15m & $2.25m over 2 years. Cap: $2.2m.

Both guys should be pretty happy with that, it's reasonable. They're not established enough yet to ask for bigger term.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

It makes sense to me.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Guilliam

Jul 30, 2010
Montreal

Heinen has 47 and 34 points in the last 2 seasons. Armia is 2 years older and he never even cracked 30 pts. I like Armia but he isn't worth that much. Especially not more than 3M AAV over 3 years. I guess the figures you show is what he would be asking for but I expect the arbitration to come down somewhere between 2-2.5M.

CristianoRonaldo

Apr 7, 2014
In your head

3M+ for Armia ? No thank you. We can argue that he's a 4th liner, Byron just got a 3.5M contract, he's way better than Armia and we still find that bad. If he want that, trade or release that scrub.

Jul 6, 2016
3M+ for Armia ? No thank you. We can argue that he's a 4th liner, Byron just got a 3.5M contract, he's way better than Armia and we still find that bad. If he want that, trade or release that scrub.

Trade Armia for Sam Bennett. Both are RFA's and going to arbitration.

L4br3cqu3

Matter of principle.
Sponsor
May 5, 2002
La Tuque
He has no choice, I think.

I suppose he can simply refuse to sign whatever the judge awards him and become UFA. Cause well, his hands are still cuffed by Bergevin because of the offer he made to keep his rights.

He's definitely the one pissed right now. (Not that I care too much, he's useless on the team the way it is)

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Lehkonen 2 M, Armia 2.5 ?

I think you are close. I have Lehkonen on the Kulak contract ($1.85M) and Armia somewhere around $2M - $2.25M range.

Term of contracts are key. I would not give either Armia or Lehkonen more than 2 years. We need to keep our options open for the 21 off season

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast

Armai did not play a full season and his production is similar (pro rated) to his last season with the Jets where he played 79 games. He had a bump in goals based on per/game stats. I don't see him getting substantially more than what cap hit he had last year ($1.85M)

I think $2M - $2.25M is the right number for Armia. I would not go any more than 1 or 2 years in term as well.

Reactions: Kaperi Spacey

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland
These 3 guys, will put the Habs back up to a roster of 28 guys signed, and only 23 needed. MB thinks he is running the Als?

Alzner, Weise, Varone and Lindgren will be in Laval. Then choose one of Peca, Thompson, Cousins, Hudon, Poehling to join them (or claimed on waivers) and you got your 23 man roster.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

For anyone who was asking themselves the same question as me, I asked CapFriendly a question about the second buyout window.

I wasn't sure if a team is eligible for the second buyout period as soon as a player or team files for arbitration, or if they actually have to have a hearing.

Turns out, all it takes is for someone to file for arbitration. So the Habs are eligible to buy someone out since they got Armia, Lehkonen, and Hudon.

I believe the player needs to count for moret $3.5M on the cap if I read their page properly. This would make Alzner eligible to be bought out, but not Weise.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I hope they sign Armia before arbitration and avoid burning a few bridges in the process. I really like the sneaky way he'll retrieve the puck on the forecheck. He's a usefull player.

I'm sure they'll reach an agreement with Armia and Lehkonen before their hearings. Last year, Armia had filed for arbitration, as well. But was signed on July 15.

I don't know how far they'll go with Hudon. But I feel like it's in Hudon's best interest not to go in front of an arbitrator.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Armia & Lehkonen will be lucky if either of them breaks 2.5M...nothing against them, I like both as players.

But they just don't have much leverage here.

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
On the arbitration case does anyone think empty netters have less value than other goals? I would guess no...

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
I like Armia and Lehkonen but in reality they are simply average players and the Habs have got to start getting better players.
Signing guys like Byron to contracts like that is why this team is always a bubble team or worse. Just need better players. Hopefully the recent three drafts will develop upper tier players.

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
Oh man. Couldn’t agree more
Byron has two 20 g years and was easily on pax’s for another one last year
Armia and leks should make about 5 combined
Anything more is ridiculous for 2 players who’s offence can easily be replaced by Poehling and Suzuki
But bit but their Defence. Couldn’t give a tiny rats ass. They combined for 24 goals and leks went over 30 without a goal and im not mistaken 3 of Armias 13 were empty netters

Reactions: Kaperi Spacey
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->