HF Habs: RFA: Armia (Signed) ; Hudon (Signed) ; Lehkonen (Signed) ; McCarron (Unsigned)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Why would you want to retain his rights?
That's a good question...I can't answer that.

But extending a qualifying offer, does not automatically mean the player will accept it.

Hudon can say "thanks but no thanks"...

This could purely be a move for optics, which considering the player and the organization, I wouldn't be shocked if that was the case.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
That's a good question...I can't answer that.

But extending a qualifying offer, does not automatically mean the player will accept it.

Hudon can say "thanks but no thanks"...

This could purely be a move for optics, which considering the player and the organization, I wouldn't be shocked if that was the case.

I hope Hudon is wiser.

Reactions: 417

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Why wouldn't they? Extra body in camp, maybe get a 5th for him before the season starts.

If they couldn't get a 5th round pick last season, they won't get one this season that's for sure

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
Can he play in the AHL? (as in is he contractually allowed?) I don't see a possible spot for him with the Habs next season.

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
Just a reminder that extending the qualifying offer simply retains his rights...Hudon doesn't have to accept it.

But if he does it's the easiest million bucks he'll ever make, cause he sure as hell isn't playing on the main roster next season... (scratch that... Habs will never cease to surprise me in a bad way)

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Can he play in the AHL? (as in is he contractually allowed?) I don't see a possible spot for him with the Habs next season.

Anyone can play in the AHL. Even Crosby can play there if Pittsburgh decides to send him down.

But most players have to go through waivers to be sent there. Hudon would need to clear waivers.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Hopefully, as 417 mentioned, let's hope that it's nothing but a public relations stunt that Hudon offer. Though it's still stupid, just make moves, and own it....I just hope that this is what it is instead of the thought that Hudon could really be helpful. 'Cause that makes no sense. Hudon needs a fresh start before moving on to Europe. Just to see what he can do elsewhere.

We already have no room for him and the summer hasn't started it. And with the boatload of changes, there is just no place....Leave me with my world of unicorns please....

Playmaker09

Sep 11, 2008
But if he does it's the easiest million bucks he'll ever make, cause he sure as hell isn't playing on the main roster next season... (scratch that... Habs will never cease to surprise me in a bad way)

His QO is $715,000. He will never count against the cap. What exactly is the problem?

Reactions: Acadien86

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
Sure why not. Wouldn't be the worst thing in the world, hopefully he turns up to camp a little more improved so we can make use of him.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
It's more like 715K

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->