HF Habs: RFA: Armia (Signed) ; Hudon (Signed) ; Lehkonen (Signed) ; McCarron (Unsigned)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
I don’t know what Armia wants, but I wouldn’t pay him more than what he got last year (1.85 million).

Hudon can GTFO

Lehkonen I would give him two or three years at 2.5 or 2.75 AAV

Armia is done.....you don;t take a team to arb 2 years in a row...and survive long.....they can give him a 3-5 yr deal..he will be traded away ...bank on it

ForeverHabs97

May 11, 2013
Canada
I don’t know what Armia wants, but I wouldn’t pay him more than what he got last year (1.85 million).

Hudon can GTFO
Armia going to arbitration twice makes me think...

He either feels like he doesn't get enough money for what he's worth from Habs and thinks he has more to give than what they're offering.

He doesn't have enough ice time/wants a new team to prove himself to be a top 6 guy. When you compare all the 4th liner 1M$/year vs. A 1.85M$ Armia it's kind of insulting for him tbh.

Hudon's days with the Habs is over. There is nothing we can do to salvage the situation, let another team try to give him a chance... We're just holding him back in our clusterf*** of AHL/NHL depth.

ForeverHabs97

May 11, 2013
Canada
Galchenyuk also filed for arbitration and Bergy got rid of him
Did he though? I don't think he did but wouldn't surprise me.

It's weird how MB treats players that go to arbitration with him. Danault is the only one who stuck so far.

But he doesn't mind throwing bank at Price, which he shouldn't cause he's our only pillar player along with an older weber.

ForeverHabs97

May 11, 2013
Canada
Wait...AND Hudon?.. what the hell is he even going to say in his case lmao..
I think he's just forcing MB to trade him to another team. He's been f***ed around with so many years in NHL/AHL back and forth and held back..

He doesn't have it to make it to the NHL imo but give him a chance. We're cluttered let him run

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
Leks and his 11 goals shouldn’t get more than 2 million

I would give Lehks a little more on a 3 year deal based on his potential. He’s still young and if he buried a few more of his many chances, he could be a consistent 20 goal guy.

Reactions: ForeverHabs97

ForeverHabs97

May 11, 2013
Canada
Guys if this is true it's important to know;

Armia and Lehkonen share the same european agent. I think he's the same european agent for Aho...

I read it somewhere in TVA or Montreal Gazette or something but can't remember all of the details. Could be a factor in this equation.

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
Guys if this is true it's important to know;

Armia and Lehkonen share the same european agent. I think he's the same european agent for Aho...

I read it somewhere in TVA or Montreal Gazette or something but can't remember all of the details. Could be a factor in this equation.
Factor in what?

Reactions: DavePeak

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
List of guys who filed arb last season....2018 season

44 NHL players file for salary arbitration

Anaheim Ducks:
Brandon Montour (signed)
Calgary Flames: Garnet Hathaway (signed), Mark Jankowski (signed), Brett Kulak (awarded contract), Elias Lindholm (signed), David Rittich (signed)
Carolina Hurricanes: Trevor van Riemsdyk (signed)
Colorado Avalanche: Patrik Nemeth (signed), Matt Nieto (signed)
Dallas Stars: Mattias Janmark (signed), Devin Shore (signed), Gemel Smith (signed)
Florida Panthers: MacKenzie Weegar (agreed to terms)
Minnesota Wild: Matt Dumba (agreed to terms), Jason Zucker (agreed to terms)
Montreal Canadiens: Joel Armia (agreed to terms), Phillip Danault (agreed to terms)
Nashville Predators: Miikka Salomaki (signed)
New Jersey Devils: Blake Coleman (agreed to terms), Stefan Noesen (agreed to terms)
New York Islanders: Brock Nelson (agreed to terms)
New York Rangers: Kevin Hayes (agreed to terms), Brady Skjei (agreed to terms), Ryan Spooner (agreed to terms), Jimmy Vesey (agreed to terms)
Ottawa Senators: Cody Ceci (awarded contract), Mark Stone (signed)
Philadelphia Flyers: Taylor Leier (signed), Alex Lyon (agreed to terms)
Pittsburgh Penguins: Jamie Oleksiak (signed)
San Jose Sharks: Chris Tierney (signed)
St. Louis Blues: Joel Edmundson (agreed to terms), Dmitrij Jaskin (agreed to terms), Oskar Sundqvist (agreed to terms)
Vancouver Canucks: Troy Stecher (signed)
Vegas Golden Knights: William Karlsson (Aug. 4), Colin Miller (signed), Tomas Nosek (signed)
Washington Capitals: Liam O'Brien (signed)
Winnipeg Jets: Marko Dano (agreed to terms), Connor Hellebuyck (agreed to terms), Adam Lowry (agreed to terms), Brandon Tanev (agreed to terms), Jacob Trouba (awarded contract)

ForeverHabs97

May 11, 2013
Canada
Factor in what?
Negotiations over contracts for MB. That's all I got. Not the players just the agent is pressuring him.

I just wonder if this had anything to do with Aho getting the amazing term that what he wanted by using MB like the Canes said. The European agent might've done it. (100% speculation and I don't even remember if he has one).

The American agent said the opposite of the Canes. He said this was a very aggressive offer and a lot harder for them to swallow than they were saying.

ForeverHabs97

May 11, 2013
Canada
List of guys who filed arb last season....2018 season

44 NHL players file for salary arbitration

Anaheim Ducks:
Brandon Montour (signed)
Calgary Flames: Garnet Hathaway (signed), Mark Jankowski (signed), Brett Kulak (awarded contract), Elias Lindholm (signed), David Rittich (signed)
Carolina Hurricanes: Trevor van Riemsdyk (signed)
Colorado Avalanche: Patrik Nemeth (signed), Matt Nieto (signed)
Dallas Stars: Mattias Janmark (signed), Devin Shore (signed), Gemel Smith (signed)
Florida Panthers: MacKenzie Weegar (agreed to terms)
Minnesota Wild: Matt Dumba (agreed to terms), Jason Zucker (agreed to terms)
Montreal Canadiens: Joel Armia (agreed to terms), Phillip Danault (agreed to terms)
Nashville Predators: Miikka Salomaki (signed)
New Jersey Devils: Blake Coleman (agreed to terms), Stefan Noesen (agreed to terms)
New York Islanders: Brock Nelson (agreed to terms)
New York Rangers: Kevin Hayes (agreed to terms), Brady Skjei (agreed to terms), Ryan Spooner (agreed to terms), Jimmy Vesey (agreed to terms)
Ottawa Senators: Cody Ceci (awarded contract), Mark Stone (signed)
Philadelphia Flyers: Taylor Leier (signed), Alex Lyon (agreed to terms)
Pittsburgh Penguins: Jamie Oleksiak (signed)
San Jose Sharks: Chris Tierney (signed)
St. Louis Blues: Joel Edmundson (agreed to terms), Dmitrij Jaskin (agreed to terms), Oskar Sundqvist (agreed to terms)
Vancouver Canucks: Troy Stecher (signed)
Vegas Golden Knights: William Karlsson (Aug. 4), Colin Miller (signed), Tomas Nosek (signed)
Washington Capitals: Liam O'Brien (signed)
Winnipeg Jets: Marko Dano (agreed to terms), Connor Hellebuyck (agreed to terms), Adam Lowry (agreed to terms), Brandon Tanev (agreed to terms), Jacob Trouba (awarded contract)
Only Nylander went through the season after arbitration right?

Did he even go to arbitration?

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
I don't care much for Lehkonen but we might want to keep Finnish Armia around, he's Finnish and might develop a Finnish chemistry with Kotkaniemi (also Finnish).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad