OT: Reviews of the 'tailgate party' down at Maple Leaf Square

binop7

Jul 4, 2011
Went there today had a blast and I could only see half the screen. It was poorly managed by security imo, but hamming it up with random guys and gals was tons of fun. I encourage anyone who has the time to go check a game out there. Word to the wise though there was some weed being smoked in line so stay away if you hate the smell or just don't like it. Incredible game. I lost my voice, and it was a heart breaker.

Bomber0104

Apr 8, 2007
Burlington
I had a good time all things considered. Not sure if anyone on hfboards was around me and my group but I managed to get a whole tray of twisty pastries from a kind young woman downtown and I shared them with everyone around me. So if you had a free pastry last night, you can thank the Bomber.

binop7

Jul 4, 2011
I had a good time all things considered. Not sure if anyone on hfboards was around me and my group but I managed to get a whole tray of twisty pastries from a kind young woman downtown and I shared them with everyone around me. So if you had a free pastry last night, you can thank the Bomber.

If you could see more than 50% of the screen than you weren't on my side hahaha

Bomber0104

Apr 8, 2007
Burlington
If you could see more than 50% of the screen than you weren't on my side hahaha

I was on the right side of the TV. There was a lightpole and some jackass with a bamboo Leaf flag in my way but I survived. Like you said, people were passing lots of stuff, so I was a bit distracted!

binop7

Jul 4, 2011
I was on the right side of the TV. There was a lightpole and some jackass with a bamboo Leaf flag in my way but I survived. Like you said, people were passing lots of stuff, so I was a bit distracted!

Did you see the girl collapse before the game?

binop7

Jul 4, 2011
Oh no. What happened?

Happened around 6pm, from what I could gather she was underaged who got hammered on Schnopps and just passed out. She wasn't moving for a while. Looked about 16-18. Her friends screamed at everyone through the fence cause some of us (not me) were ragging on her not being able to handle her liquor

Bomber0104

Apr 8, 2007
Burlington
Happened around 6pm, from what I could gather she was underaged who got hammered on Schnopps and just passed out. She wasn't moving for a while. Looked about 16-18. Her friends screamed at everyone through the fence cause some of us (not me) were ragging on her not being able to handle her liquor

Hope she learned her lesson. Big fan of public humiliation to teach people lessons.

For example, two weeks from now, set up a public display of rotten produce being thrown at Dion Phaneuf.

binop7

Jul 4, 2011
Hope she learned her lesson. Big fan of public humiliation to teach people lessons.

For example, two weeks from now, set up a public display of rotten produce being thrown at Dion Phaneuf.

Her friends were being rude so I didn't feel that bad for them "you don't know her! Don't judge her". I felt bad for one if her friends who was kneeling next to her just bawling her eyes out. Phaneuf was getting roasted when the game was over. He's gonna become the new whipping boy in no time

Bomber0104

Apr 8, 2007
Burlington
Her friends were being rude so I didn't feel that bad for them "you don't know her! Don't judge her". I felt bad for one if her friends who was kneeling next to her just bawling her eyes out. Phaneuf was getting roasted when the game was over. He's gonna become the new whipping boy in no time

I have no compassion for self-inflicted wounds. And also no compassion for Dion's idiotic antics. Everyone knows he's to blame. Even Reimer's wife. No doubt she is anticipating Dion deflecting his share of the blame.

binop7

Jul 4, 2011
I have no compassion for self-inflicted wounds. And also no compassion for Dion's idiotic antics. Everyone knows he's to blame. Even Reimer's wife. No doubt she is anticipating Dion deflecting his share of the blame.

Check out the post game interview dion took the blame. Doesn't make it hurt any less though. Game 5 will be hype I'm not missing that for anything. The square is gonna be rocking.

Bomber0104

Apr 8, 2007
Burlington
Check out the post game interview dion took the blame. Doesn't make it hurt any less though. Game 5 will be hype I'm not missing that for anything. The square is gonna be rocking.

I'm glad he did that. I'm going to check the interview. On a personal level it helps Dions image but as far as remedying the result of a very winnable game, sorry but you're never going to get that opportunity back.

Leafsvideos

Oct 16, 2010
I'm glad he did that. I'm going to check the interview. On a personal level it helps Dions image but as far as remedying the result of a very winnable game, sorry but you're never going to get that opportunity back.

...Unless he wins it for us in the next game?

SenorDingDong

Apr 1, 2006
Toronto

Dion: "I made a bad play and cost us the game"

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
I tend to agree with Tim and Sid's take on MLSQ.

Enjoy it while it lasts, because that kind of crowd, with that kind of alcohol consumption, is destined to have something go badly.

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON

Enjoy it while it lasts, because that kind of crowd, with that kind of alcohol consumption, is destined to have something go badly.

Yeah, I went the first three games before calling it a quits. Can't stand the drunk people who suddenly become tough because they're in a mob.

Bedards Dad

I was in the pool!!
Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
Check out the post game interview dion took the blame. Doesn't make it hurt any less though. Game 5 will be hype I'm not missing that for anything. The square is gonna be rocking.[/QUOTE]

I'm leaving work at 2 on Friday to get down to the square, I hear it gets busy early! Can't wait!

leafs01

Nov 6, 2011
Do they give any free stuff out? Say like towels and posters. My kids saw it and that is the only reason they want to go? Let me know ASAP please!

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
Yeah, we were walking into the arena around 6:30 (give or take) and my friend said he saw a girl on the ground covered in vomit with paramedics trying to help her.

I don't even really feel bad for her. Not only was she likely underage, but it was like ****ing 6:30. Dumb ass.

Yeah, agreed. It seems like it's full of fairweather fans who think they know their **** even though they're only around cause its the playoffs.

We were walking into the ACC and there was a Bruins fan in front of us, all the tough guys behind the gates swearing at him and giving him ****. All I could do was laugh and shake my head at the same time.

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
Yeah, we were walking into the arena around 6:30 (give or take) and my friend said he saw a girl on the ground covered in vomit with paramedics trying to help her.

I don't even really feel bad for her. Not only was she likely underage, but it was like ****ing 6:30. Dumb ass.

Yeah, agreed. It seems like it's full of fairweather fans who think they know their **** even though they're only around cause its the playoffs.

We were walking into the ACC and there was a Bruins fan in front of us, all the tough guys behind the gates swearing at him and giving him ****. All I could do was laugh and shake my head at the same time.

"I don't even really feel bad for her. Not only was she likely underage, but it was like ****ing 6:30. Dumb ass."

Great point Rob Brown..also it's ****ing Wednesday night, doesn't she go to school or work??? Like how do you get that ********* up on a weekday. I'm 26 and sure I'm all for having a few and enjoying the game and all that but there is no need to get plastered at 6:30 on a weekday..classless

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Do they give any free stuff out? Say like towels and posters. My kids saw it and that is the only reason they want to go? Let me know ASAP please!

Not sure on the merchandise but from my experience, walking through on my way into the building, it's not an event I'd bring my kids to.

Leaftors

Jul 21, 2011
Welland, Ontario
"I don't even really feel bad for her. Not only was she likely underage, but it was like ****ing 6:30. Dumb ass."

Great point Rob Brown..also it's ****ing Wednesday night, doesn't she go to school or work??? Like how do you get that ********* up on a weekday. I'm all for having a few and enjoying the game and all that but there is no need to get plastered at 6:30 on a weekday..classless

ahahahhahaha, well, when your young and get that plastered, your just looking for attention, think of all of the guys there, she just wanted to be noticed. Which is what is wrong with girls that are my age, attention > then class and self image etc.

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
Everyone needs to ease up on the kid a bit. I doubt we were all saints when we were sixteen and totally void of doing borderline-idiotic things. Now that we're older, it's easy to look at teenagers and paint them all under one brush, but we were all dumb teenagers at some point. Hope the girl is okay.

dubplatepressure

Jul 10, 2007
Everyone needs to ease up on the kid a bit. I doubt we were all saints when we were sixteen and totally void of doing borderline-idiotic things. Now that we're older, it's easy to look at teenagers and paint them all under one brush, but we were all dumb teenagers at some point. Hope the girl is okay.

And Phaneuf for that matter. Hilarious.

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
After game 3 they showed the square after everyone left and all you could see was cigarettes littered everywhere. Looks like it must be mad smoky the whole game. (I tend to chain smoke when stressed out myself, but just wondering haha.)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad