Prospect Info: Rest of the Hawks Draft: 2nd round and on.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Think there is any chance Egor Afanasyev is not taken in 1st round? I feel he will go in 20-31 range

But if he is still available after day 1 then Stanley should be looking to trade up and grab him

Hawks should have plenty of scouting on him as he and Hakkarainen are teammates

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Do not think Beecher will last to #43...Maybe Afanaseyev will ?But assume both do not last that long..

Then targets who might still be available at #43:

Pytor Kochetkov (H)

Shane Pinto (C/RW)

Patrik Puistola (LW)

Michael Vukojevic (LD)

These would be my top 4 targets for #43 if Beecher was off the board already and depending on whether Stan wanted a RW aLW sc or a d-man it would be either Afanaseyev or one other the 4 I have listed as my favourite other targets for this pick.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
for me, i would list as my #1 in the second round is Brayden Tracey followed closely by Rees.
I'd be a bit hesitant with Tracey. Definitely a second rounder, but where we're picking there will be better options. Tracey plays on a one line team and just kind of feeds off his linemates. Most of his assists are secondary, which isn't a bad thing, but is indicative that Langan and Almeida are doing the heavy work, and Tracey is more of a passenger to their success.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
I'd be a bit hesitant with Tracey. Definitely a second rounder, but where we're picking there will be better options. Tracey plays on a one line team and just kind of feeds off his linemates. Most of his assists are secondary, which isn't a bad thing, but is indicative that Langan and Almeida are doing the heavy work, and Tracey is more of a passenger to their success.
maybe...... but either way a good work up on your pov.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
I think Afanaseyev goes late first early 2nd ..so take him off co consideration for us at #43..will not be there..

Looking at whi we could take and with various rTes of probability they could still be on the board for us:

1. John Beecher C /LW USNTDP u18s
Many rankings close to where we draft...several in the 40s ...#41 by Bob McKenzie TSN...I would say the Big power C who skates so well andbokays physical and also could play at LW I a north-south fashion is a 30% chance still there at #43..I see 70% chance some teams drafting earlier cannot ignore a Big Man who skates that well... You might question hockey sense and East west playmaking missing elements ...So maybecthe upside ceiling is limited to a bottom 6 only Nd that is why he has some chance if still making it to #43. so if we are lucky...may e?

2.Pyotr Kochetkov...the big Rusdian goalie down ranks a bit only because he is older...a 3rd time draft eligible..but still he is the #1 rated euro goalie and at least the #2 or #3 best goalie in this draft...I personally think he us better than Spencer Knight who will go in the first round.

However some mock draft and combined rankings have Hinyer Jones as the 2md goalie likely to go off the board.Thus my feeling is that if Jones goes ahead of #43 Kochetkin could be there for us. SO I say a 50% probability he is still on the board

Would Stan take a goalie with #43... I guess it depends on what they plan to do with Nalimov ...because if we sign Nali.ov it means Lankinen Delia Nalimov and Gravel all would compete for the eventual Crawford #1 job after his contract ends..they probably would Fd more development goalies from a later round than the 2nd ..but if the plan linger range does not include NLimov..then they well could grab a tremendous goLuevorospect with Kochetkov and #43.

3. Alex Vlasic the big 6'6 LD form the USNTDP u18s...there is a mixed dofference of opinion on where he goes...some cannot ignorectge size and skating ..the problem is consistency and avoiding mental mistakes...so some out him late 1st other put him later in 2nd round or worse.. So I would say t0-50 chance he makes it to #43.

If we do take Turcoite as predicted at #3 and if Beecjer not there at #43 tgenwe could go for a Big LD in Vlasic if he is still on the board.

4. Winger..this is the most likely position we grab off at #43.

Lw Patrick Puistola ...40% chance this playef from Finland still remains on the board at #43...probably goes off i mid 30s to 40 ..butcoukd be close to where we puck..so I say 40% chance still there.

RW/C Nathan Lagare ...I think he goes in the early to mid 40s so I say 60% chance is is there for us. I would love ve this pick if we can get him.Some sites list him as a C but that versatility ifvtfuecwoukd be a bonus.

But of course all these guys could be off the board by #43 if teams drafting before is at that spot are targeting them.

So who would Stan take if all the above were off the board?

Is Stan looking for a bottom 6 projection force forward or a mere 3rd pairing ceiling force dman at this spot?

Or does he risk on a higher ceiling but may z bust possibility?

Simon Holmstrom RW from Seeden island interesting case ..because injuriesxset him back this season..but some scouts think had he been healthy he might be 1st material

...I have seen a ranking as high as #16 overall but most rznkings now have him as49s or 50s ranking.

But I can see Kelly and Stan taking a risk o that higher ceiling with such a pick if he is there for us.

Some mocks think LW Brayden Tracey of Moose Jaw WHL will go in late 30s to early 40s and so he certainly is a possible pick for us..

But in the crucial games for Team Canada at the u18s,I just did not see him do what I expected when it counted most ...defenders were stifling him and so doubts really crept into my mind as to risking a 2md tounderbpn hom...sorry ..good WHL points..a out equal to Cozens..but something just dod not impress me enough about him when elevation in his game was called for and instead was lacking. HE just looked like "another guy" rather than a special threat .Might have been just a few bad games but still Ibecpected about more to his gamergate I did not see...especiallybwhen it counted the most after the preliminary round.

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
Scott Powers in chat: Hey, I projected Jokiharju the year before too. :) Anyway, I did hear they possibly like Knaizev in the second round.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
There may be 1 other dman to consider as a #43 target..seems split opinions on hom ..some rank him 2nd round dinner the 30s...others put him as in 60s or 70s ranking.This is tangy Dman Danil Misyul...a 6'3 168 lb Russian who played in the MHL in Risdia the past season ...So underweight for his frame but if you project him a few years out after he fills his frame you could be getting something quite good ...not sire how our scouts see him...a 40s target or a 60_70s target...IF stands picked up another selection in round two maybe he would make this guy the later of the 2 picks..or if he acquired an early 3.rd rou der maybe he would be our target?

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
There may be 1 other dman to consider as a #43 target..seems split opinions on hom ..some rank him 2nd round dinner the 30s...others put him as in 60s or 70s ranking.This is tangy Dman Danil Misyul...a 6'3 168 lb Russian who played in the MHL in Risdia the past season ...So underweight for his frame but if you project him a few years out after he fills his frame you could be getting something quite good ...not sire how our scouts see him...a 40s target or a 60_70s target...IF stands picked up another selection in round two maybe he would make this guy the later of the 2 picks..or if he acquired an early 3.rd rou der maybe he would be our target?
Misyul is interesting. He definitely plays a very mature game for his age and he stepped up and played rock solid defense in the KHL play offs. There could definitely be something there with him. He doesn't seem like he has much offensive upside though so I think if you draft him, you do so with the mindset that you're hoping for him to be an effective shutdown defender.

Castle8130

May 9, 2017
Aaltonen? Ryan Johnson? Think they will last until 43? Other players like Mcmichael, Pelletier, nicholas robertson all have a possibility of slipping. 43 is a solid place to pick. Anywhere in the top 50 gives us a good chance to get a future top pairing or top line forward.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Aaltonen? Ryan Johnson? Think they will last until 43? Other players like Mcmichael, Pelletier, nicholas robertson all have a possibility of slipping. 43 is a solid place to pick. Anywhere in the top 50 gives us a good chance to get a future top pairing or top line forward.
there are some that feel Ryan Johnson will be this years version of O'Brien and go very high compared to rankings. he mainly is getting ranked from 22-40, so I am almost positive we do not see him, but he is one name to keep an eye on as a first round "surprise"...

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
there are some that feel Ryan Johnson will be this years version of O'Brien and go very high compared to rankings. he mainly is getting ranked from 22-40, so I am almost positive we do not see him, but he is one name to keep an eye on as a first round "surprise"...
Yeah Johnson could definitely be a 1st rounder. Busiest kid at the combine.

I just don't see the offensive upside with him, at least as of now. He plays a lot like Keith where he shuts down guys with effective stick play and positioning. Good shutdown guy, but can he take his offense to the next level like Keith was able to do? I dunno.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Yeah Johnson could definitely be a 1st rounder. Busiest kid at the combine.

I just don't see the offensive upside with him, at least as of now. He plays a lot like Keith where he shuts down guys with effective stick play and positioning. Good shutdown guy, but can he take his offense to the next level like Keith was able to do? I dunno.
not sure what he maxes out at, but my lord can he skate like Keith though...

Reactions: Kevin Musto

Teemu

Caffeine Free Since 1919
Dec 3, 2002
I could see Kniazev with the 2nd. Not my first pick, but has high IQ and skates reasonably well. I'm not big on Tracey as he's one of those low-ceiling jack-of-all-trades. Nick Robertson and Rees are two of my favorites if they fall; also big on Puistola, Misyul, Afanasyev, and Kolyachonok. Dorofeyev, too, though I can't help but feel like there is something GMs know about him that made him plummet on Bob's list. I think Johnson is long gone by the Hawks pick; he might be that "first round surprise" who gets drafted a bit earlier than expected.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
I could see Kniazev with the 2nd. Not my first pick, but has high IQ and skates reasonably well. I'm not big on Tracey as he's one of those low-ceiling jack-of-all-trades. Nick Robertson and Rees are two of my favorites if they fall; also big on Puistola, Misyul, Afanasyev, and Kolyachonok. Dorofeyev, too, though I can't help but feel like there is something GMs know about him that made him plummet on Bob's list. I think Johnson is long gone by the Hawks pick; he might be that "first round surprise" who gets drafted a bit earlier than expected.
at least give me a shout out bro...lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad