Prospect Info: Rest of the Hawks Draft: 2nd round and on.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Figured we needed a thread for this.

DRAFT YEARROUND 1ROUND 2ROUND 3ROUND 4ROUND 5ROUND 6ROUND 7
chicago_blackhawks.svg
chicago_blackhawks.svg
chicago_blackhawks.svg

chicago_blackhawks.svg
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Rnd.PickNotes
4122Via Boston
5155Via Tampa Bay
7194Via Anahiem
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Pick by pick order.

Last edited:
Reactions: The Crypto Gal

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
I am really starting to warm up the idea of taking Pyotr Kochetkov might have to use a 3rd (maybe sooner) to get him but I love his athleticism, size, and agility in net.

Last edited:
Reactions: LDF

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
I am really starting to warm up the idea of taking Pyotr Kochetkov might have to use a 3rd (maybe sooner) to get him but I love his athleticism, size, and agility in net.
if anything, i wish you could have seen him in person. you would have a better opinion on him. then you can come here and tell us. :D

but what i have a concern about is this, i hope you can come up with something.

he hasn't done much of anything only on the european tourneys.

so am i wrong to feel good about him ?? his regular season scouting rpts is not good.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Yes to AA and No to Forsling.
I am not looking to rid ourselves of Forlsing, but if we take Byram at 3rd, then I have to imagine a trade or two will be happening at some point.

Boqvist and Mitchell both likely turning pro next year - Boqvist IMO AHL or NHL only.

Krys has turned pro and Beaudin not far behind. you can make a case for what Byram will be or won't be out of the gate, but if the Hawks do draft this kid, then some pieces will have to be moved.

Joker is likely in our top 6 next year...and then Byram, Boqvist, Krys and Mitchell all at camp next year...damn that is f***ing crazy to look at lol...

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
if anything, i wish you could have seen him in person. you would have a better opinion on him. then you can come here and tell us. :D

but what i have a concern about is this, i hope you can come up with something.

he hasn't done much of anything only on the european tourneys.

so am i wrong to feel good about him ?? his regular season scouting rpts is not good.

I don't think anyone is going to fly me to see him and my wife my cut me if I just randomly booked a flight to mother Russia to watch a hockey prospect.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Once Byram is picked 1st, the smart move would be to invest the remaining picks in forwards. Unless they believe a stud defender dropped or a goalie like Colten Ellis is available late like Gravel was last year.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
I think the 2nd round pick should be Yegor Spiridonov.

I want Byram in the 1st. Others want a center. Spiridonov can be the center pick up this year and he's right handed which we lack with our forwards.

He's a defensively responsible 2 way machine. He's everything we could possibly want and he'll make for a classic Kelley 2nd round steal like Saad and DeBrincat.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
I am not looking to rid ourselves of Forlsing, but if we take Byram at 3rd, then I have to imagine a trade or two will be happening at some point.

Boqvist and Mitchell both likely turning pro next year - Boqvist IMO AHL or NHL only.

Krys has turned pro and Beaudin not far behind. you can make a case for what Byram will be or won't be out of the gate, but if the Hawks do draft this kid, then some pieces will have to be moved.

Joker is likely in our top 6 next year...and then Byram, Boqvist, Krys and Mitchell all at camp next year...damn that is ****ing crazy to look at lol...
but that defense will be set for more retooling to be done.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
I don't think anyone is going to fly me to see him and my wife my cut me if I just randomly booked a flight to mother Russia to watch a hockey prospect.
funny i like it.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
i have already posted who i liked for the 2nd round my next pick after the 2nd round should be C - Keighan Gerrie- Thunderbay. i have been keeping an eye Thunderbay. he Gerrie is an assist machine and he also can score goals. plus he is a right handed center-man.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
i have already posted who i liked for the 2nd round my next pick after the 2nd round should be C - Keighan Gerrie- Thunderbay. i have been keeping an eye Thunderbay. he Gerrie is an assist machine and he also can score goals. plus he is a right handed center-man.
I'm a Gerrie fan. I created the thread for him on the prospect board. I've watched him play a few times and he's really good, but plays against weak competition. 2nd round is way too high for him though. He'll be available in the 4th and likely later.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
I'm a Gerrie fan. I created the thread for him on the prospect board. I've watched him play a few times and he's really good, but plays against weak competition. 2nd round is way too high for him though. He'll be available in the 4th and likely later.
my bad in the way i wrote it.

i meant that i really like him via the 3-5 round. i missed a big chunk of what i was thinking. the sins of thinking too fast. plus adding a period in there would have helped as well.

i am tired.

i think you and i came up with a potential of 3 names that we like. that is why i meant to type in. remember ??

ChicagoHockeyFan

Mar 3, 2019
I really like this player also, he could be a good one. Super hard to tell with goalies though

ChicagoHockeyFan

Mar 3, 2019
If Tomasino is still around at #43 he would be a good one. Seems like a Stan and Kelley pick, he is very fast and can produce. He’s like Formenton but can do more than just skate

Reactions: Sinbad and LDF

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
dropping down the way we did to 12th on the season effects every round for us...we are picking a bit later in the 2nd on down which sucks unless we trade up to get an earlier 2nd which I would really like to see happen.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad