Prospect Info: Rest of the Hawks Draft: 2nd round and on.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
I could see Kniazev with the 2nd. Not my first pick, but has high IQ and skates reasonably well. I'm not big on Tracey as he's one of those low-ceiling jack-of-all-trades. Nick Robertson and Rees are two of my favorites if they fall; also big on Puistola, Misyul, Afanasyev, and Kolyachonok. Dorofeyev, too, though I can't help but feel like there is something GMs know about him that made him plummet on Bob's list. I think Johnson is long gone by the Hawks pick; he might be that "first round surprise" who gets drafted a bit earlier than expected.
Knyazev isn't my first choice either, but like you I'd be find with him. He's got red flags defensively which scares me, but he's an offensive weapon with great skating. He's a guy you draft just based on upside potential. He played for a garbage team so his stats don't reflect his ability.

Robertson and Rees are also my guys if they fall. If they don't, Fagemo, Keppen, and Alexandrov are my guys.

TheDachKnight

Formerly known as TPOEJ6489
Aug 16, 2014
I still really like Albin Grewe. If he’s there, I’d probably take him. Rees and Beecher are guys I like as well.

Reactions: Muffinalt

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Bunch of studs fell.

My guys ranked in the 1st that are still available:

#11. Bobby Brink
#15. Arthur Kaliyev
#17. Nicholas Robertson
#20. Nils Hoglander
#21. Matthew Robertson
#22. Pavel Dorofeyev
#25. Samuel Fagemo
#29. Raphael Lavoie
#30. Jamieson Rees
#31. Nikita Alexandrov

Also very high on #35. Ethan Keppen.

I know the Hawks really like Artemi Knyazev, but it's looking like they will have better options now.

Last edited:

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
Bunch of studs fell.

My 1st guys ranked in the 1st that are still available:

#11. Bobby Brink
#15. Arthur Kaliyev
#17. Nicholas Robertson
#20. Nils Hoglander
#21. Matthew Robertson
#22. Pavel Dorofeyev
#25. Samuel Fagemo
#29. Raphael Lavoie
#30. Jamieson Rees
#31. Nikita Alexandrov

Also very high on #35. Ethan Keppen.

I know the Hawks really like Artemi Knyazev, but it's looking like they will have better options now.

Nice. I'll post @AmericanDream's list too from best available around the pick of our number since he's drunk off red dogs.

#11. Arthur Kaliyev
#17. Bobby Brink
#24. Jamieson Rees
#25. Pavel Dorofeyev
#27. Nils Hoglander
#29. Raphael Lavoie
#30. Vladislav Kolyachonok
#32. Nicholas Robertson
#34. Matthew Robertson
#37. Jayden Struble
#38. Zac Jones

Oh and #43. Brett Leason

Last edited:

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
I doubt Kaliyev will be there at #43 tomorrow (today?!?), but what a f***ing get that would be if he was picked there. A big playmaker in Dach and a big shooter in Kaliyev; a pretty successful draft not even taking into account all the other picks.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
11 picks ahead of us. I've got 10 first rounders who haven't been drafted + Keppen. So someone I'm high on is guaranteed to be there. Just hope Kelley and I are on the same wave length like with Dach, and Wise and Nordgren last year.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
i am wondering if the Bhawks will go for offense here and totally by passing defense ??

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
that was the player i am liking at this point, who knows maybe will soften the blow of not going for Byram.
Yeah for anyone that wanted Byram, Robertson will be the next best thing. He doesn't have the same offensive ability at all, but he's better in his own end than Byram. He's a Vlasic style shutdown defender. Hawks could definitely use him. Left handed too.

Reactions: Muffinalt and LDF

Sinbad

Jun 22, 2018
Parts Unknown
Really hope Jamison Rees is available at 43, I think his skill level is much higher than most realize. Exceptional skater, non-stop motor, the type of player that can move up and down the lineup and play in all situations. Relentless and plays much bigger than his size.

Second choice would be Vladislav Kolyachonok, great mobility, decent size, sees the ice well and anticipates plays before they happen. A decent D prospect that could flourish as he adds strength.

I’m also a big fan of Ethan Keppen but I think the Hawks will have trade up early into the 3rd round to get him. True future power forward, solid, thick kid who is strong on his skates. Not a burner but a powerful skater who isn’t afraid of the dirty areas. Battles hard along the wall and in front of the net. Could be a 2nd line scorer but more than likely settles in as a solid 3rd line winger.

Reactions: Muffinalt

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
If I were Stan I’d have traded our 2020 first plus a prospect for 12 to take Boldy.

Damn.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
If I were Stan I’d have traded our 2020 first plus a prospect for 12 to take Boldy.

Damn.
for Kaliyev or Rees just sitting out there, I would trade a 2020 1sr to nab 32 or 33..to add either to our team this year/adding to our system, that is a first round talent just sitting there..go all in, see if we can add a top 2nd pick here..

Reactions: LDF and RayP

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
Yeah for anyone that wanted Byram, Robertson will be the next best thing. He doesn't have the same offensive ability at all, but he's better in his own end than Byram. He's a Vlasic style shutdown defender. Hawks could definitely use him. Left handed too.
and here i am surmising on his scouting rpt. he is a tenacious dog on defense or was it hard to bounce off the puck.

AgentMacklin

Jun 17, 2019
for Kaliyev or Rees just sitting out there, I would trade a 2020 1sr to nab 32 or 33..to add either to our team this year/adding to our system, that is a first round talent just sitting there..go all in, see if we can add a top 2nd pick here..
Too risky IMO. The Central is going to be very competitive next year with only Minnesota out of it. What if the Hawks just miss the playoffs again or end up as a wild card team that gets bounced in rounds 1-2? Then you're looking at a pick in the 16-20 (or higher) range for what is basically a high 2nd. It makes much more sense to try to package our 2nd this year with another piece to move up a few spots if the Hawks really like Kaliyev or whomever.

It's not like the 2020 draft is low on talent. And as we just saw yesterday someone such as Caufield will inevitably fall to the mid-1st range. It happens ever year.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Too risky IMO. The Central is going to be very competitive next year with only Minnesota out of it. What if the Hawks just miss the playoffs again or end up as a wild card team that gets bounced in rounds 1-2? Then you're looking at a pick in the 16-20 (or higher) range for what is basically a high 2nd. It makes much more sense to try to package our 2nd this year with another piece to move up a few spots if the Hawks really like Kaliyev or whomever.

It's not like the 2020 draft is low on talent. And as we just saw yesterday someone such as Caufield will inevitably fall to the mid-1st range. It happens ever year.
if this team is a top 15 pick next year then tear it all down - you have 1st round talents sitting out there that will be able to help sooner than a pick next year..If the Hawks have a couple guys very high on their board still sitting there, the 2020 draft plus other assets you utilize to snag that player.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Nice. I'll post @AmericanDream's list too from best available around the pick of our number since he's drunk off red dogs.

#11. Arthur Kaliyev
#17. Bobby Brink
#24. Jamieson Rees
#25. Pavel Dorofeyev
#27. Nils Hoglander
#29. Raphael Lavoie
#30. Vladislav Kolyachonok
#32. Nicholas Robertson
#34. Matthew Robertson
#37. Jayden Struble
#38. Zac Jones

Oh and #43. Brett Leason
Can't believe some of these guys are still there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad