I'll order you a red cap and a Speedo.
Feb 3, 2006
City of Angels
A really big...

b7432fd545e9f6107795c593b31c2210.gif

Mcsorley47

Jan 12, 2021
Yorba Linda, Ca
Not sure if this is allowed, pictures and all, but I thought I’d upload Jeff! I’ve been reading these boards since 2003 and posted maybe 10 times under Mcsorley33.

Here is the man!

I last saw Jeff at 24 hour fitness in Anaheim Hills 3 years ago.

Attachments

• BD54F7F5-99B5-4F9A-9756-1C4EFCAA025C.png
    BD54F7F5-99B5-4F9A-9756-1C4EFCAA025C.png
    2 MB · Views: 24
  • 85B02422-865F-4BB8-9E21-AB5D191B417E.png
    85B02422-865F-4BB8-9E21-AB5D191B417E.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 27

mysterman2

Jul 11, 2020
So Cal
Pretty sure it was Sean, I will leave his last name off incase I am wrong but it was Irish. This story is legend status.

This was a Friday night league at Anaheim Hockey. Friday nights at Anaheim were always chippy.

Anyways he was at his sisters wedding that day. He rolls up in his tux late as the puck has already dropped, so we see him walk by and few minutes later he comes out and sits on the bench. "Hey you're up"......out he goes. I dont recall why but I am sure we were playing the Reservoir Dogs who was a team of mostly crusty construction dudes. Sean starts fighting with one guy, then the ref kicks him out, then Sean goes after the ref and they start chucking them. I was surprised how well the ref did. Needless to say neither was hurt and off to the locker room Sean went. 5 minutes later, out he strolls in his tuxedo again. He waves to us and off he went. That was the last time I saw him as he was perma banned.

Post Script....a couple of weeks later there was a discussion about crazy hockey parents and players and ThatsNotPR actually made a rather normal sane comment about the phenomena. I quoted him and said "glad we dont have anyone like that playing with us" and he replied back in full agreement seemingly oblivious of the fact I was referring to him.

One final story I remember about Jeff...

Getting out asses kicked at a roller game and with the game far out of hand the other team scores and the player skates by our bench holding his stick high in the air, handle in his hand blade facing do north as had just done something triumphant. Jeff goes out and scores a goal and then immediatly mimics the stick in the air from the time he scored the goal, to the semi celly with the team, and then still holds the stick in the air all the way back to the faceoff at center ice- lines up right next to the guy, continues holding his stick high in the air while giving him the guy the death stare. The image of everyone lining up for the faceoff hunched over awaiting the puck drop while Jeff stood like the statue of liberty with his stick in the air was a hilarious image.

Last edited:

Fishhead

Jul 15, 2003
PNW
Pretty sure it was Sean, I will leave his last name off incase I am wrong but it was Irish. This story is legend status.

This was a Friday night league at Anaheim Hockey. Friday nights at Anaheim were always chippy.

Anyways he was at his sisters wedding that day. He rolls up in his tux late as the puck has already dropped, so we see him walk by and few minutes later he comes out and sits on the bench. "Hey you're up"......out he goes. I dont recall why but I am sure we were playing the Reservoir Dogs who was a team of mostly crusty construction dudes. Sean starts fighting with one guy, then the ref kicks him out, then Sean goes after the ref and they start chucking them. I was surprised how well the ref did. Needless to say neither was hurt and off to the locker room Sean went. 5 minutes later, out he strolls in his tuxedo again. He waves to us and off he went. That was the last time I saw him as he was perma banned.

So did this happen there more than once? I used to play over at Anaheim Ice and lived not too far from the roller place. I asked a couple guys on my team if we should get a team going there for kicks and one of them tells me he heard there are a lot of fights. I'm like, whatever, it happens sometimes. He says "No, it gets nuts on the weekends, some guy tried to beat the crap out of a ref".

It might have been this very incident. We never did get in a league there. Probably a good thing for me, roller was always way tougher on my knees and I was starting to get old :laugh:

Reactions: He pukes you die

Fingolfin

Mar 9, 2003
Costa Mesa, CA
Man, this really sucks to hear. He was such a character and you couldn't help but want to be friends with him. I feel like I need to add my own Jeff story to help show how awesome he was.

I started a team at AHC, and Jeff was one of the first to join up. The first season we played together, we had so much fun. It was clear Jeff was way better than any of us on the team, but he didn't give a shit and didn't bail on us. After a season or two, we all got a lot better and ended up in the championship game. The timing was terrible, as we all thought we'd never make it that far and half the team went on vacation.

We had 4 skaters and a goalie, playing ironman roller hockey against a bunch of young kids who could skate circles around us. We sucked it up and played our asses off to a 2-2 tie with 5 minutes left in the game. We line up for a face off and I hear Jeff (who's playing defense) say, "f*** this". When the puck drops he books it to the offensive zone and spends the rest of the game on the far side of the red line with the rest of us yelling at him to get his ass back to the defensive zone. I'm sure he heard us, but you wouldn't know it by his reaction.

So now it's basically 4 on 3 in our defensive zone and we're dead tired. Somehow the puck ends up behind our net and a couple of players get tangled up with our other defenseman. The puck pops out of the tangle and we fling if off the boards. I think with the pile up, the other team must have totally forgotten about Jeff who grabbled the puck coming up the wall, skated in all alone, and scored what ended up being the championship clinching goal.

And Jeff being Jeff, he skated right to the faceoff dot as if nothing special had just happened.

I'm saddened to hear he's gone, but it's unbelievably awesome to hear all of the other crazy stories and how much everyone else cared for him. He was definitely one of a kind.

Fingolfin

Mar 9, 2003
Costa Mesa, CA
Didn't he take out Habib at Healthsouth during the LGK roller tournament or was that someone else? I recall whoever did that being a big dude and good player... Habib is a great dude and great player himself so it sucked to hear about him getting taken out like that (I missed the tournament due to surgery).

Yes, he did. I organized that tournament, and the management threatened to shut us down immediately after that incident. I was terrified I was going to be the person who got LGK hockey banned from HealthSouth.

Man, that guy was an ass.

FrozenKing18

Goongala! Goongala!
Aug 11, 2009
SoCal
I do remember him mentioning his illness. f*** cancer! Lost a coworker to it just a couple weeks ago. Very sad to hear! Condolences to his family and anyone close to him.

RIP The Tikkanen

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles

My name is Sean and my last name is Irish but it wasn’t me!

The Gabe Blade

Jul 9, 2004
Yes, he did. I organized that tournament, and the management threatened to shut us down immediately after that incident. I was terrified I was going to be the person who got LGK hockey banned from HealthSouth.

Man, that guy was an ass.

Only because you were on the Suicide Kings and he was Code Blue. :nod:

He pukes you die

Jun 9, 2020
Not sure if this is allowed, pictures and all, but I thought I’d upload Jeff! I’ve been reading these boards since 2003 and posted maybe 10 times under Mcsorley33.

Here is the man!

I last saw Jeff at 24 hour fitness in Anaheim Hills 3 years ago.

Thanks for posting that, man! Glad to see some of his old friends chiming in - I have never met any of those guys.

Reactions: Mcsorley47

He pukes you die

Jun 9, 2020
Post Script....a couple of weeks later there was a discussion about crazy hockey parents and players and ThatsNotPR actually made a rather normal sane comment about the phenomena. I quoted him and said "glad we dont have anyone like that playing with us" and he replied back in full agreement seemingly oblivious of the fact I was referring to him.

One final story I remember about Jeff...

Getting out asses kicked at a roller game and with the game far out of hand the other team scores and the player skates by our bench holding his stick high in the air, handle in his hand blade facing do north as had just done something triumphant. Jeff goes out and scores a goal and then immediatly mimics the stick in the air from the time he scored the goal, to the semi celly with the team, and then still holds the stick in the air all the way back to the faceoff at center ice- lines up right next to the guy, continues holding his stick high in the air while giving him the guy the death stare. The image of everyone lining up for the faceoff hunched over awaiting the puck drop while Jeff stood like the statue of liberty with his stick in the air was a hilarious image.

f***ing legend :laugh:

Reactions: Lt Dan

No Name The Nameless

Feb 15, 2019
Tornado Alley
Hey all. I am hosting a zoom meeting tonight at 9pm PCT.
We can talk Kings hockey, have a drink and discuss some fun Jeff stories.
Meeting :886 6496 6164
Passcode EDQa03

Join Zoom Meeting
Join our Cloud HD Video Meeting
Meeting ID: 886 6496 6164
Passcode: EDQa03
One tap mobile
+19292056099,,88664966164#,,,,*766441# US (New York)
+13017158592,,88664966164#,,,,*766441# US (Washington D.C)
Dial by your location
+1 929 205 6099 US (New York)
+1 301 715 8592 US (Washington D.C)
+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
+1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
+1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
Meeting ID: 886 6496 6164
Passcode: 766441
Find your local number: Video Conferencing, Web Conferencing, Webinars, Screen Sharing

Reactions: Mcsorley47
Jun 30, 2006
With a name like The Tikkanen, you weren’t going to scroll past his posts. I liked his wit and hockey takes for many, many years.

Never knew him personally, but so sad to hear he passed. His recent posting history didn’t indicate he was struggling, if anything he was looking forward to watching more hockey.

My Condolences to his friends and family.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
I've never known him personally, but he was a good poster on these boards. I was a regular poster on these boards myself around 2005-2006. Just had a different username.

First, it genuinely surprised me how many of you know one another personally. That's really awesome.

I read all the stories you have posted and I feel like I kinda know him thanks to all the stories. He seemed like a great guy and a great friend with a rare personality.

May he rest easy. Patience and Peace to his family and friends.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad