Rest In Peace, The Tikkanen

Status
Not open for further replies.

He pukes you die

Jun 9, 2020
We had a line brawl at Anaheim Hockey Club and Jeff was on top of a guy with what I can only describe as his hand looking like an eagle claw trying to rip the guys cheek off because he couldn’t get past the visor to punch him in the nose.

The infamous CLAW story, I was there for that as well and it was glorious. I remember the dude freaking out and yelling "Dude he f*cking scratched my face!!" to the ref and Jeff calmly skating to the penalty box and saying to the guy with a stone cold expression "It was the claw."

Then there was the time (and I can't remember if this was the same team but I wasn't at this game) where he and a couple other friends of ours were in a championship roller game at Anaheim Hockey Club. The other team had about 3-4 ringers show up, young kids who played Narch and were really good. So Jeff and the team played the game and were getting slaughtered, and the other team were being total pricks and talking all kinds of shit. With about 1 minute to go in the game and seeing these kids light them up and rubbing it in their faces every chance they got, Jeff told the captain to tell the ref they wanted to do a roster check. The ref goes over to the other team's bench with the roster and then announces the game is over and they had to forfeit due to ineligible players. The other team was FURIOUS and threatening them, wanting to fight them in the parking lot and all that stuff, then Jeff and the rest of the team got their medals/trophies and went into the locker room to celebrate their win. Hearing him tell it always made me laugh, what a veteran move :laugh:

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
First off, I'm shocked that so many of the posters on here no each other in real life. Really bummed out for those of you that knew him personally.

For me, he's always been one of the best posters on here. Never skipped over any of his posts because they were usually funny and--unlike myself and others on here--he didn't drop a wall of text when he posted.

I've been around Kings message boards since '97 and he's a total hall-of-fame poster. I didn't know about his health issues so this was shocking to read today and is a real bummer. Things will definitely not be the same around here and not in a good way. If it is a real loss to our online community here, it has to be more of one in real life so condolences to his family and friends: sounds like he was a real Bill Brasky.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
The infamous CLAW story, I was there for that as well and it was glorious. I remember the dude freaking out and yelling "Dude he f*cking scratched my face!!" to the ref and Jeff calmly skating to the penalty box and saying to the guy with a stone cold expression "It was the claw."

He must've learned that move from watching Roadhouse.
6I0Z.gif

The Gabe Blade

Jul 9, 2004
Since we're walking down memory lane, who was the LGK member who beat up the roller hockey referee?

Pretty sure it was Sean, I will leave his last name off incase I am wrong but it was Irish. This story is legend status.

This was a Friday night league at Anaheim Hockey. Friday nights at Anaheim were always chippy.

Anyways he was at his sisters wedding that day. He rolls up in his tux late as the puck has already dropped, so we see him walk by and few minutes later he comes out and sits on the bench. "Hey you're up"......out he goes. I dont recall why but I am sure we were playing the Reservoir Dogs who was a team of mostly crusty construction dudes. Sean starts fighting with one guy, then the ref kicks him out, then Sean goes after the ref and they start chucking them. I was surprised how well the ref did. Needless to say neither was hurt and off to the locker room Sean went. 5 minutes later, out he strolls in his tuxedo again. He waves to us and off he went. That was the last time I saw him as he was perma banned.

cyclones22

Apr 4, 2003
Eastvale
Pretty sure it was Sean, I will leave his last name off incase I am wrong but it was Irish. This story is legend status.

This was a Friday night league at Anaheim Hockey. Friday nights at Anaheim were always chippy.

Anyways he was at his sisters wedding that day. He rolls up in his tux late as the puck has already dropped, so we see him walk by and few minutes later he comes out and sits on the bench. "Hey you're up"......out he goes. I dont recall why but I am sure we were playing the Reservoir Dogs who was a team of mostly crusty construction dudes. Sean starts fighting with one guy, then the ref kicks him out, then Sean goes after the ref and they start chucking them. I was surprised how well the ref did. Needless to say neither was hurt and off to the locker room Sean went. 5 minutes later, out he strolls in his tuxedo again. He waves to us and off he went. That was the last time I saw him as he was perma banned.

ThatsNotPR I have no idea how that name just came to me. That was his handle, right?

Steve Zissou

I'll order you a red cap and a Speedo.
Feb 3, 2006
City of Angels
In the run up to the cup in 2012 along with 2014 I shot thousands of photo portraits of fellow Kings fans all decked out in their gear with their memorabilia, with fellow family members – even their grand kids coupled with their grandparents. I remember editing these photos for what seemed like a half of a year, then emailing each person all of their edited shots.

Instantly I was amazed how a small ::cough:: sport here in LA could bring family together from different generations or unite people who have absolutely nothing in common with one another except for this one little team who had won NOTHING in 44 years.

From that moment on I realized in a weird way, now that we had finally won a cup, that we were a family in such a way. So when one member of your family passes (and we have had a few people pass away since 2012 that I had taken pictures of) it's hard not to recognize them as such.

RIP Tikkanen

Last edited:

He pukes you die

Jun 9, 2020
In the run up to the cup in 2012 along with 2014 I shot thousands of photo portraits of fellow Kings fans all decked out in their gear with their memorabilia, with fellow family members – even their grand kids coupled with their grandparents. Shit, I editing these photos for what seemed like a half of a year, then emailing each person all of their edited shots.

Instantly I was amazed how a small ::cough:: sport here in LA could bring family together from different generations or unite people who together who have absolutely nothing in common with one another except for this one little team who had won NOTHING in 44 years.

From that moment on I realized in a weird way, now that we had finally won a cup, that we were a family in such a way. So when one member of your family passes (and we have had a few people pass away since 2012 that I had taken pictures of) it's hard not to recognize them as such.

RIP Tikkanen

Chaz is that you?

He pukes you die

Jun 9, 2020
ThatsNotPR I have no idea how that name just came to me. That was his handle, right?

Didn't he take out Habib at Healthsouth during the LGK roller tournament or was that someone else? I recall whoever did that being a big dude and good player... Habib is a great dude and great player himself so it sucked to hear about him getting taken out like that (I missed the tournament due to surgery).

Reactions: cyclones22

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
In the run up to the cup in 2012 along with 2014 I shot thousands of photo portraits of fellow Kings fans all decked out in their gear with their memorabilia, with fellow family members – even their grand kids coupled with their grandparents. Shit, I editing these photos for what seemed like a half of a year, then emailing each person all of their edited shots.

Instantly I was amazed how a small ::cough:: sport here in LA could bring family together from different generations or unite people who together who have absolutely nothing in common with one another except for this one little team who had won NOTHING in 44 years.

RIP Tikkanen
I was one of them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad