Respect to Montreal

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
I will always hate the Habs, but they gained my respect. A hell of a run and people can try and dismiss it all they want. They have nothing to be ashamed about.

With that said, losing game 2 was really the turning point when they were the better team all game but a couple of crucial errors and Vasi being amazing costed them.
absolutely spot on. Most of us knew we were f***ed with letting that goal in at .3. They dominated game 2 and couldn't close it. If they had stolen that game who knows. if if if

Smokey McCanucks

PuckDaddy "Perfect HFBoard Trade Proposal 02/24/14
Dec 21, 2010
Tough way to end it, but they battled every step of the way. Huge character on this team, they always believed in themselves. They put out way more effort and accomplished more than anyone could have reasonably expected heading into the season, or the playoffs. They didn't win but this is a team and a performance people are gonna remember years down the road. They certainly did crush the Canucks pretty much every time they played us so I can't say I didn't see something like this coming, but even so the run they went on is so far above and beyond what anyone thought they could do, you gotta respect that so much. Hope to see some of these guys win it one day, Gallagher especially.

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
This is the major concern every Montreal fan should have.

This run should be applauded and remembered fondly. But this also could have consequences in management and ownership believing this was anything more than a fluke.
a team doesn't get to round 4 as a fluke. Yes, they shouldn't double down on the ageing vets, but they have the pieces in place at the right positions, that if bergevin builds it right, they could be very legit in 2-3 years

razor ray

May 8, 2011
Time for Montreal to go all in. You were 3 wins away from winning it all. Use up some of the pile of draft picks to pick up a playoff warrior and some offensive depth. You need more than one good line.

holy

2023-2024 Cup CHamps
May 22, 2017
Thanks for all the well wishes guys. I wish the feeling that victory brings about on all my fellow fans, because as fans we can have that respect for each other if we so choose. We all go through highs and lows with our teams and those posting here shows me what really connects us.

Love y’all and stay safe.

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
Fun run!

Hope we can do something like this next year too! :P

o4XZL55.gif

Lolonegoal

Jan 25, 2012
The best part about this Habs team is that they can turn around next year with essentially an improved version of the same roster.

Drouin is a likely candidate for Seattle to pickup, Tatar is most likely gone. That's 10.8 million off the roster.

Only UFAs on the roster are Danault, Armia, and Perry. Armia was making 2.6, Danault 3. You can sign those guys and still have about 8 million to play with.

Suzuki, Caufield, and Kotkaneimi are all 21 and under. They'll no doubt improve. That should offset Weber's decline next year.

Habs have a deep prospect pool. That'll add a few bottom six/ bottom pair players or at least the assets to improve.

No reason to think that the Habs next year wont be a better team.
I agree with this except rumour was Danault already turned down a 6 x 5 contract. It could get ugly, but its such a hard contract to guage because statistically this was one of his worst seasons. But he also shut down major lines, and we've heard statement from people like Mackinnons that he's the hardest player to play against.

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Time for Montreal to go all in. You were 3 wins away from winning it all. Use up some of the pile of draft picks to pick up a playoff warrior and some offensive depth. You need more than one good line.

If Perry can entice Getzlaf to join him, sure, get that puck moving LHD and maybe another Toffoli. Then add a more seasoned Kk, CC , Romanov and Suzuki plus Guhle....I hope.

Emptying the farm for a run is never a good move.

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I agree with this except rumour was Danault already turned down a 6 x 5 contract. It could get ugly, but its such a hard contract to guage because statistically this was one of his worst seasons. But he also shut down major lines, and we've heard statement from people like Mackinnons that he's the hardest player to play against.

Danault is not worth what he is dreaming. Evans can do the same job and there is Poehling right behind him.

Reactions: Gravity

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
Respect to Carey Price.
Of their 13 playoff wins, he probably outright stole (as in games they absolutely shouldn’t have won) maybe 2-3 of them. And it was mostly vs Toronto in the 1st round.

More than anything, he didn’t lose them games by allowing goals at backbreaking, crucial times, u rule the first 3 games of the final.

Price wasn’t even needed vs Winnipeg, he saved them in a game early in the Vegas series, but by the last 3 games of that series, Montreal was outplaying them.

Don’t get me wrong, he was their best player, but this was not a 2003 Giguere, stone cold, otherworldly performance by a long shot.

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
a team doesn't get to round 4 as a fluke. Yes, they shouldn't double down on the ageing vets, but they have the pieces in place at the right positions, that if bergevin builds it right, they could be very legit in 2-3 years

Sorry but I have '06 Edmonton vibes.

habsrule4eva3089

Nov 22, 2008
This run is huge for Hockey in Canada. This brought families, friends, strangers all together either cheering or jeering or just awaiting the next result of what this team was going to do. The support and anticipation for Hockey was such a joy to see. At every street corner , store, restaurant, Hockey was talk of the town. Support from across Canada was immense and the viewing numbers spectacular.

In a business that only cares about Americans, this helped the game in Canada so much. People fell in love with Hockey. Some people never saw a game in their lives until now, some people stopped for years. This will inspire a generation for Hockey in Quebec I hope and the results hopefully to be seen in 10-15 years from now.

It's completely different when a Canadian team makes it, the entire atmosphere and vibe across the country changes. Here's hoping next year another Canadian team can do the same.

Reactions: Villella McMeans

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad