Respect to Montreal

razor ray

May 8, 2011
If Perry can entice Getzlaf to join him, sure, get that puck moving LHD and maybe another Toffoli. Then add a more seasoned Kk, CC , Romanov and Suzuki plus Guhle....I hope.

Emptying the farm for a run is never a good move.

Its not emptying the farm you have 11 picks in this upcoming draft. Use a few of them to pick up some pieces that will help another run. Also use a late pick to send Drouin to Seattle to free up even more cap space.

Subbanned

Nov 4, 2011
They won't beat the leafs
They won't beat Winnipeg
They won't beat Vegas
They won't make the playoffs next year...
You're a slow learner eh?

nope. he's probably right in the sense it will be tough for us to make the playoffs. citing a lucky streak we had this year has no bearing on objectively viewing our chances going forward. i mean, unless you're a homer lol

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
Sad sack chokers? But we already knew that.

The Ottawa Senators were one lucky bounce away from proving that theory wrong in 2017.

GG to the Habs' try-hard players, but their ultimate crime was being an absolute chore to watch.
Poor you. Glad you’re unburdened by their loss

Reactions: Gravity

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
Its not emptying the farm you have 11 picks in this upcoming draft. Use a few of them to pick up some pieces that will help another run. Also use a late pick to send Drouin to Seattle to free up even more cap space.
Habs need to find a stud, minute-eating dman via trade or UFA and they’ll be a playoff threat. I’m aware said task is difficult

Lolonegoal

Jan 25, 2012
nope. he's probably right in the sense it will be tough for us to make the playoffs. citing a lucky streak we had this year has no bearing on objectively viewing our chances going forward. i mean, unless you're a homer lol
Honestly it's too hard to say at this moment, there's still an entire off season. Dallas didn't make the playoffs after making the cup finals last year. Boston could change drastically depending on who they sign/who retires. Florida has been terrible following some of their best seasons. With the divisions and their first round series I'm really not sure where Toronto sits in it all.

bov

Nov 13, 2010
Good for them making it that far. Suzuki is very impressive, Price had a great playoffs, and I like the way their defense gives opposing forwards hell. He didn't do much but respect to Gallagher too, love the way he plays.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Habs got a lot better as the series went on. Price got dialed in too. This will be an awesome learning experience for the young players to build off of and they will be back at some point I like the idea they are coming up with.

They definitely had a formula to get as far as they did and if maybe a few more things went their way they could have been in this series and who knows when you get to a game 6 and 7 situation.

They'll be fine and should be proud of what they accomplished this year and I'm sure it was a fun that will remember for a long time. I still remember and love our cup run in 2015 when we lost to Chicago. Maybe this can be that kind of experience and motivation our guys got down the road. Cheers Montreal fans!

Rockomax

Jan 16, 2007
Mtl
Habs got a lot better as the series went on. Price got dialed in too. This will be an awesome learning experience for the young players to build off of and they will be back at some point I like the idea they are coming up with.

They definitely had a formula to get as far as they did and if maybe a few more things went their way they could have been in this series and who knows when you get to a game 6 and 7 situation.

They'll be fine and should be proud of what they accomplished this year and I'm sure it was a fun that will remember for a long time. I still remember and love our cup run in 2015 when we lost to Chicago. Maybe this can be that kind of experience and motivation our guys got down the road. Cheers Montreal fans!
When you guys made it to the finals, you were a young upcoming team. All your star players were entering their prime years minus a couple including Vasilevskiy. Habs are much different, even though we have some young talent for the future, we don't have a Vasilevskiy in the pipeline; Weber, Petry and Price are aging. We don't have a 10 years window like you guys from 2015 to, I dare say, 2025.

I was 3 when Montreal last won a cup and this is the first time that I've witnessed them go this far. Between 1993 and 2021, we've had no Lecavalier, St-Louis, Richards, Hedman, Point, Kucherov, pre-injury Stamkos, etc. I don't see us having players of this caliber anytime soon either. It truly feels like it was now or never. Very hard to share your optimism for the future.

Anyway, enjoy the celebrations, great team for sure.

Reactions: optimus2861

Villella McMeans

Using the Force...
May 3, 2021
Chinatown
Totally agree with everyone who cheered for Montreal, I was young when Calgary first lost to Montreal then won the Cup in 89, I'm a lifelong Calgary fan - but I cheered for Montreal when they won the North, and I'll do the same again next time they go far.

This Montreal team is so memorable for so many reasons, but especially because of their veterans that showed so much heart - Webber Price Perry Gallagher etc.

If they'd have won of course it'd be more memorable, but even now after not winning I can say they still they made the same lasting impact on my life and all of Canada - showed us honour heart and valour on the ice.

0618-spt-habs-gamer.jpg

Hab_fans.jpg

234702_f06e02b3ae29844a5e838909a8def732c6c744a2.jpg_facebook.jpg

Thank you 2021 Montreal Canadiens:cheers:

Instincts

Jan 11, 2012
imagine having this much of a bitter, confused take to think sports or the team you hate have anything to do with justice
Are you implying there is no justice in sport or there were no riots in Montreal regarding SC run? Think twice who is the bitter one for not understanding the proper use of the word justice or creating violence because your team won or lost. Have a nice day

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
There was a thread on reddit in December claiming they didn't have a lengthy waiting list for season tickets anymore.

Maybe reddit is wrong.

Look, I don't know about Reddit but the day a place like Montréal is having attendance issues, we all know the NHL is finished. Let's wait until things go back to "normal", then we'll see.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad