Respect to Montreal

tardigrade81

Jun 12, 2019
Saskatchewan
Nope, no respect. Hate the Habs and I’m glad they lost. Night!
Though I totally get you hating Montreal. People often confuse respect and hate. Canadiens had a hell of a playoff run. Respecting that while hating them is more of a normal response. To say you don’t respect it means you don’t think they deserve to be where they are. Beating Toronto and sweeping Winnipeg and beating Vegas is very impressive. I don’t like Montreal what so ever but respect what they did

Ask Connor McGregor how many UFC fighters he likes. The list is extremely small. But ask him how many he respects…. Nearly all of them.

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
This is the major concern every Montreal fan should have.

This run should be applauded and remembered fondly. But this also could have consequences in management and ownership believing this was anything more than a fluke.
We've been spinning our wheels for like two decades I think every habs fan will take this run and cherish it. We were going nowhere for 10 years before this season according to everybody in the world anyways and we might be going nowhere for the next 10 years too who knows but trust me habs fans feel better about this team going forward after this than they did before

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
4th-best team in the lowly North showing that maybe the Canadian teams weren't so bad after all :nod:

One Canadian team was guaranteed a spot in the semifinals though. It's impressive that they beat Vegas, but in the end that's also all they did. In the finals they were without a chance, Tampa would have won the series ten times out of ten.

dbieon12

Vinik-Brisebois-Cooper
Jul 22, 2010
Price is good though he cannot carey the team to the mountain top. Suzuki is a stud but there needs to be a little more finish and polish (could just be more time, but that may close the Price window).

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
They played really well. it's not like Kucherov, Point, Stamkos, and Hedman were running them out of the building. MTL needs one or two Dmen with quick feet on the back end, and a better PP. Watching Suzuki was a treat, and Caufield, though limited, is deadly in the O zone. No names like Armia, Lehkonen and Byron impressed...and this REALLY hurts to say, but Perry battled his ass off.

Will be interested to see how Kotkaniemi develops next year. Maybe the next Eller is his ceiling.

Reactions: SB164

powerstuck

Nordiques Hopes Lies
Jan 13, 2012
Town NHL hates !
To the team I can give respect for what they have accomplished.

To their fans whose many are friends of mine, I cannot give an ounce of respect. My facebook feed has been poluted by complaints about refs, cap cheating and every other dumb excuse. Not one of them has congratulated their own team on a great run.

Kraken Jokes

May 28, 2010
The pile of know-nothings on this site that disrespect the Habs' run, are just mad about being proven wrong again and again. They'll make every excuse. Just a bunch of bitter loudmouths whose top-heavy teams will never make it out of the first round. Hint: the Art Ross and Lady Byng are nothing compared to a Conference championship and a chance at the Cup.

This Habs team may lack an elite superstar skater or two but they're built as deep as any team there is. They were a team built for the playoffs with their size, grit and experience.

They have some off-season decisions ahead but this team will make the playoffs next year guaranteed, along with Toronto, Edmonton and Winnipeg. Ottawa could surprise as well. What excuses will all the blow-hards have then?

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
The best part about this Habs team is that they can turn around next year with essentially an improved version of the same roster.

Drouin is a likely candidate for Seattle to pickup, Tatar is most likely gone. That's 10.8 million off the roster.

Only UFAs on the roster are Danault, Armia, and Perry. Armia was making 2.6, Danault 3. You can sign those guys and still have about 8 million to play with.

Suzuki, Caufield, and Kotkaneimi are all 21 and under. They'll no doubt improve. That should offset Weber's decline next year.

Habs have a deep prospect pool. That'll add a few bottom six/ bottom pair players or at least the assets to improve.

No reason to think that the Habs next year wont be a better team.

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I'm increadably proud of them and...disappointed.

I'm old enough to have seen 17 cups. From my father's shoulders when I was 5 to the 90s, my Habs were always close to the Promised Land. Now, I feel that this is a one off run for a while. Being on the other side of the curve, there isn't decades and decades of hope.

Tonight is bittersweet....what was and what may be...or not be.

18MilloverCAP

Jul 7, 2021
They played great just about every game during the playoffs and never gave up. Just like the front off ice of Tampa never gave up manipulating the cap.

shao01

Aug 25, 2008
Montreal
They played great just about every game during the playoffs and never gave up. Just like the front off ice of Tampa never gave up manipulating the cap.
And the refs. And that Kucherianna wuss of a player diving and tripping players left n right

Colezuki

Apr 27, 2009
Toronto
This is the major concern every Montreal fan should have.

This run should be applauded and remembered fondly. But this also could have consequences in management and ownership believing this was anything more than a fluke.
I mean we have 10 picks in the draft along with this? We’re in decent shape

Reactions: Just Linda

LuGBuG

Quack Quack
Mar 16, 2006
Ducks
I definitely see them improving. Kotkaniemi, Suzuki, Caufield, Romanov will all improve. Will have more cap room. Price won't be any different but they have Allen to rely on to give him the proper time off during the season. Weber probably won't decline seems like he manages his lack of speed better.

It's obviously tough to make it back to the finals but I would anticipate they make playoffs and can play their style and make a run again. I'd put more stock in them winning a series or two next year then the Leafs or Oilers.

Reactions: SB164

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad