Respect to Montreal

Subbanned

Nov 4, 2011
I'd feel better about this run if we were an objectively good team with a chance to be a repeat contender in the next few years. We absolutely are not. Price and the division alignment carried us to a fun but lucky run and we got thrashed in the finals. At least if we had been competitive could have had some consolation points. If anything this hurts us as MB thinks he's good, and will probably make stupid moves as a result instead of building properly around Suzuki.

Reactions: SenzZen

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
So proud of my team honnestly you'd think a stanley cup final loss would hurt but with the roster we have im not sure how we can be dissapointed with where we got

1-0 hurts but yeah, I'll sleep okay tonight. At least we won a memorable one at home. That Anderson goal and celebration was amazing.

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
If you would have told me we would have gotten there, I would have called the Mounted Police cause there's a crazy maniac running around.

All the insane miracles that happened for the Habs this year in these playoffs was a science-fiction novel into itself. It was a great run, fellas.

We'll always be

o4XZL55.gif

And thanks for the Fans from the other teams that rooted for us. We'll keep it in mind.

Lolonegoal

Jan 25, 2012
I don't think wed beat Tampa in any scenario, I just wish we could of seen a series with a healthy Petry and Weber.

Really hurts when neither of your top 2D can actually shoot

Reactions: SB164

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
I'd feel better about this run if we were an objectively good team with a chance to be a repeat contender in the next few years. We absolutely are not. Price and the division alignment carried us to a fun but lucky run and we got thrashed in the finals. At least if we had been competitive could have had some consolation points. If anything this hurts us as MB thinks he's good, and will probably make stupid moves as a result instead of building properly around Suzuki.

This is the major concern every Montreal fan should have.

This run should be applauded and remembered fondly. But this also could have consequences in management and ownership believing this was anything more than a fluke.

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

Jabba11

Hockey Lobby
Nov 28, 2009
hockeylobby.blogspot.com
Very proud of this Montreal Canadiens team.

To all Toronto, Winnipeg and Vegas fans. We wouldn't have made it this far without the adversity your respective teams have given us. Our team tremendously gained from each confrontation against any of your players and our young players will come out with great experience from it.

Hockey is a passionate sport. Us fans are passionate. But when the score is settled and the Cup is won, we take a step back and appreciate everything. And most importantly, we look always have next season to look forward to.

Cheers to all hockey fans out there, we deserved these playoffs after such a hard year and honestly, hockey is the best damn sport on this planet. Period. Cheers

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
Price deserved better. Feels awful, really. Feels like this was a once in a lifetime opportunity. With important pieces aging and no replacement for Price in the pipeline, it feels like 28 years won't be enough to get back to the SCF. I know, it's silly, so much can happen in 28 years. Still, it feels like it was now or never. I'm crushed and I feel so bad for these guys who gave it all they had and come up empty handed.

It's almost poetic that he had to lose 1-0 while his team barely shot 20 times on net lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad