[Report] Marner Carjacked at Gunpoint

Status
Not open for further replies.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
A range rover? Come on man. Even his taste in cars is poor.

Well the most expensive Range Rover's cost 180 000 - 250 000 US dollars
Do you have that kind of money to put on a car?

Luxury Range Rovers look very good and have powerful engines
and obviously like everything, can be custom made for you.

8ffb19770796490c1b73db37d1101dac.jpg

Reactions: Jackpot Jaret

GreenLine

May 24, 2021
You realize NY in general and Buffalo where I live has some of the most heavy gun control laws there is right? Yet criminals still find a way around the system.
State laws are irrelevant to criminals in a country flooded with guns. There's no border control between states. Gun control laws in other countries are effective because they don't let different parts of the country do anything they want.

In my city they are letting people out for armed robbery and even second degree murder with pre-trial ankle bracelets. At least during peak Covid hysteria. Also, my great city council has massively defunded the police due to pressure from various political organizations and the cops barely do any crime prevention now. Murder is up hugely. Assaults of every variety. Robbery.
This reads like Fox News. What's your source and what city is this?

BruinLVGA

CZ Shadow 2 Compact coming my way!
Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
Maybe the vast majority of shootings involve handguns because assault weapons are much harder to get thanks to government legislation and crackdowns?
The obvious reason why the vast majority of shootings involve handguns instead of rifles is because handguns are way more concealable.

Sounds like restricting handgun purchases would help too.
Unfortunately he probably had to settle for assault rifles because people like you would freak out if it "went too far".
But regardless, less guns = less gun deaths and it's just the way it is.
Is there really a reason for anyone to have anything more than a single-shot hunting rifle, and specifically only to licensed individuals (substistence hunters) or in areas which would require them (rural areas with bear problems)?
Aren’t you familiar with target shooting?

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
FYI, all of you have atrocious reading comprehension. I never once argued for carrying a gun in response, or killing in response. I was arguing CanadienShark's point that with someone pointing a gun at you, it is not about just defending property, but there is as high a risk on your life on that moment than any other phenomena one would experience.

The best thing to do is give them what they want. However, the whole interaction is you vs them, not them vs your property.
Nice little insult there. Shame you couldn't help yourself. You've made some pretty absurd comments in this thread. I thought you were done, as you said you were. Give it a rest.

Ruggs225

Oct 15, 2007
Long Island, NY
I wonder how a car jacking goes in canada.

Theif: excuse me sir, we would really like to have your car. Can i take take it? Eh

Marner- no its my car and i was driving to get tim hortons. Its been a couple rough days.

Theif: Please, with maple syrup on top?

Marner: since u asked nicely you can have it.

Theif: thank you. Do u need us to drive u and roo u off anywhere? Wouldnt want u just standing around this bad neigborhood eh. Never know what might happen.

Marner: thanks for the offer, but i will just walk.

Theif: take care, I hope u win a playoff round next year, eh.

BruinLVGA

Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
Sounds like restricting handgun purchases would help too.
Unfortunately he probably had to settle for assault rifles because people like you would freak out if it "went too far".
But regardless, less guns = less gun deaths and it's just the way it is.
Is there really a reason for anyone to have anything more than a single-shot hunting rifle, and specifically only to licensed individuals (substistence hunters) or in areas which would require them (rural areas with bear problems)?
So yes then.

I'm a pretty simple dude but I think that if a country has strict assault weapons bans and there are not many instances of crimes involving assault weapons in said country there is probably some level of causation there.

And yes I understand that handguns are better for quick and dirty shit like robbing an NHL player and therefore that's what you're going to buy on the black market rather than an AK-47.

I am a Swiss living in Switzerland. In relation to guns, we are pretty much the USA of Europe.

Here getting a firearm - including „assault weapons“ - is a matter of a 2-page form + a photocopy of your ID + an excerpt from your criminal record that you get via ordering it online or at any post office. You then send this to the state police department that issues buy permits and they‘ll send you back the purchase permit within 7-10 days.
Pretty much every gun owner, including me, keeps already a few photocopies of one‘s ID and a few of those forms already filled out (minus date and signature). It‘s a quick and absolutely painless procedure.
And yet, we basically have almost no gun crime here. How do you explain this, causation-wise?

Reactions: D1az

TheFinalWord

Apr 25, 2005

I am a Swiss living in Switzerland. In relation to guns, we are pretty much the USA of Europe.

Here getting a firearm - including „assault weapons“ - is a matter of a 2-page form + a photocopy of your ID + an excerpt from your criminal record that you get via ordering it online or at any post office. You then send this to the state police department that issues buy permits and they‘ll send you back the purchase permit within 7-10 days.
Pretty much every gun owner, including me, keeps already a few photocopies of one‘s ID and a few of those forms already filled out (minus date and signature). It‘s a quick and absolutely painless procedure.
And yet, we basically have almost no gun crime here. How do you explain this, causation-wise?
According to Wikipedia, Americans have an estimated 120 guns per 100 peopl. Switzerland has 27.6 per 100. Significant difference I think.

BruinLVGA

Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
I answered already. Power.

Moreover, I also already told you that slight agitation, can lead to violence. Even if its external(which is always plausible unless robbery happening in a vacuum).

You do realize the person is pointing a weapon at another person. Slightest mistake leads to death.
„Slightest mistake leads to death.“

THIS.

A high stress situation, with an individual - who is probably not really concerned with all safety rules when handling a gun - wielding a deadly weapon. Finger on the trigger and said trigger will only take a 4-5 lbs pressure to go off (which is pretty much nothing). Things could turn deadly even if the criminal has no desire to fire the firearm at all, and the victim is 100% complying.

Reactions: ReginKarlssonLehner

BruinLVGA

Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
According to Wikipedia, Americans have an estimated 120 guns per 100 peopl. Switzerland has 27.6 per 100. Significant difference I think.

Of course no one in the world can compare to US private gun ownership. That‘s obvious to anyone.

However… that percentage of gun ownership in Switzerland doesn‘t include:
- guns that are not declared (we‘ve had a registry for a few years only. The state is pushing for all non-declared guns to be declared, under penalty of a fine if one does not comply. Nobody is complying because they know that it is better for the state not to snoop in one‘s affairs) and let me tell you… basically everyone has some.
- service guns that are kept at home when one is in the service.

Gun ownership in Switzerland, considering the two above things, is probably double the figure you quoted (conservative estimate).

Switzerland, compared to the rest of Europe is probably the nation with the less restrictive gun laws. As I explained, buying guns here is nothing more than getting some paperwork together.

Last edited:

SnuggaRUDE

Apr 5, 2013

There are places in the United States that work closer to the Swiss model, but very many which don't. There was an important study in 2001 which tracked guns used to commit crimes in 25 cities. (Relationship between licensing, registration, and other gun sales laws and the source state of crime guns)

It found that if a city was an area which required Licensing and Registration 33% of guns used to commit crimes were bought in that city.

If a city was an area without licensing and registration 87% of guns used to commit crimes were bought in that state.

For what should be obvious reasons criminals, particularly of a professional nature, find it inconvenient to commit crimes with guns which can be easily linked back to them. They're willing to go out of their way to buy guns with fewer strings attached. The laws of USA don't tend to take advantage of that reality.

The Swiss model is very good and the type example of high guns/low crime.

Reactions: D1az and BruinLVGA

PunchImlach is Alive

Jul 15, 2014
Brooklyn, NY
Maybe if our politicians and justice system didn't tolerate so much crime and violence because they were too afraid to fight it for fear of backlash then we wouldn't be getting progressively worse compared to even 15-20 years ago.

It really is insane how our politicians would rather sacrifice the general public and force them to live with an ever increasing criminal and violent society because they're too afraid of offending some people and getting them angry. Nope can't have that.
Wow that really seemed to hit a nerve with you, huh?

Siludin

Dec 9, 2010
The obvious reason why the vast majority of shootings involve handguns instead of rifles is because handguns are way more concealable.

Sooo... shooting just for fun? Yeah I don't believe that's a necessity worth anyone's real consideration.

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004
Not if you only have liability. Then you are SOL.
If you only have liability than the vehicle definitely isn't worth fighting for.

Lol, you have no idea who I am or what I've experienced. I have nothing to gain from lying.
No I don't know you but lying helps your argument so you do have something and I don't believe for a second that someone with 40k posts on hfboards has been living in the hood for the past 20 years.

The Hockey Tonk Man

May 3, 2007
Toronto
Glad everyone's alright. Can't see that being a very fun time. Seems to be happening a lot in Toronto lately.

I usually drive to that theatre to see movies

PunchImlach is Alive

Jul 15, 2014
Brooklyn, NY

I'm actually very curious about this myself. I have a couple Swiss friends that live here so I can only speak to how they observe it. But, as I understand, Switzerland is more inclined to think someone showing a lot of bravado has something wrong with them rather than be impressed by any of it. Like anywhere else, I'm sure there are pros and cons to that. Point being, culturally, it doesn't seem Switzerland allows for much meandering of gun ownership beyond sport and defense. You probably wouldn't find some of our bumper stickers about guns on your cars.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
I'm just imagining the car jacking in that new repugnant Toronto accent that's become prevalent in younger folks. Gross. Just take my car, my phone, my wallet just so you can shut up.

Reactions: Blue and Green

BruinLVGA

Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
Sooo... shooting just for fun? Yeah I don't believe that's a necessity worth anyone's real consideration.
I am going to bet that out of 100 things you do on a regular basis, probably 90 aren‘t „necessities“ either. Let‘s take them all away, shall we? Don‘t you hear how stupid that would sound?

BruinLVGA

Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
I'm actually very curious about this myself. I have a couple Swiss friends that live here so I can only speak to how they observe it. But, as I understand, Switzerland is more inclined to think someone showing a lot of bravado has something wrong with them rather than be impressed by any of it. Like anywhere else, I'm sure there are pros and cons to that. Point being, culturally, it doesn't seem Switzerland allows for much meandering of gun ownership beyond sport and defense. You probably wouldn't find some of our bumper stickers about guns on your cars.
Here people don‘t really show off. Most mind their own business and privacy is paramount. Like everything else, firearms ownership is an aspect of someone‘s private sphere of affairs. If someone owns firearms, it‘s considered perfectly normal. So is hunting, sporting competitions with firearms, collecting them. Self defense… well, conceal carry practically doesn‘t exist because you have to provide a real reason for carrying and those can only be a) there is a proven threat to your life or b) your profession makes you a target for acts of violence, say for example if you carry very valuable stuff. Within your property, you can use a firearm for self defense, but you can only use it if there‘s a real threat to your or your loved ones‘ health. If you do, it‘s 100% guaranteed that there will be an investigation to ascertain whether you had a just cause to use it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad