Remenda or DeBrusk?

Remenda or DeBrusk?

• Total voters

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Wasn't Debrusk charged with beating a taxi driver in Vancouver or something?

Yeah, sounds cuddly to me too.

Don't know. If so, bad night for him, seems like a good guy though on-air personality wise but you never really know who's a piece of crap these days. Hopefully he isn't.

dss97

Aug 30, 2010
Lol the poll results.

Would be locked up if this was on the mains.

Mc5RingsAndABeer

5-14-6-1
May 25, 2011
Remenda is trash. I don't even want an Oilers homer announcer but he's essentially a homer for whatever team the Oilers are playing against. It's annoying.

Objective announcers > Homers > Haters

the4thlinegrinder

Jul 25, 2011
The Bench
Remenda is taking a beating here, but I just want to say that I met him a few years ago after an away game and he was very nice. He spoke with my dad and I for about 10-15 minutes about the game, team, etc. I bumped into him a few weeks later and he greeted me by name. Great guy.

All that said, DeBrusk AINEC.

Reactions: RattsSSV

Delicious Pancakes

Top Pocket Find
Apr 23, 2012
Home
Remenda is taking a beating here, but I just want to say that I met him a few years ago after an away game and he was very nice. He spoke with my dad and I for about 10-15 minutes about the game, team, etc. I bumped into him a few weeks later and he greeted me by name. Great guy.

All that said, DeBrusk AINEC.

Yeah he does come across as a nice upbeat guy. He has good takes more often than not too but he also has some bad takes that alienate the fan base a bit.

Then in terms of being a colour commentator Debrusk is more engaging and to the point, and because he was a player he can give more of an inside take. He's also more humble, doesn't try to explain things and knows when to stop talking.

Jamin

Aug 25, 2009
My issue is where is the none of the above option. Remeda sucks but Debrusk provides entry level insight if that and often gets caught watching the game where we have 5 min of only Kevin Quinn without any color commentary

Reactions: slaman

BudBundy

May 16, 2005
A9OdNAn.gif
Ironically it turns out she doesnt like popcorn.

Reactions: AT14C

HockeyGuy1964

Oct 7, 2013
They're both terrible.

Doesn't take away from my enjoyment of the games though. The team's play usually takes care of that for me.

Satire

Nov 20, 2016
Remenda has gotten better over the years... I think when he is at his best he is just as good as Debrusk. Problem is he is very up and down and there are times where he is downright annoying. It's been less lately, but that first season with him was borderline unbearable.

Don't get me wrong, I can appreciate someone being objective in the way they narrate the game. Just Remenda really toes that line between informative and pompous and sometimes he crosses to the wrong side.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Remenda is way too effusive toward the other team. It’s ok to acknowledge what they do well but FFS tone down the hyperbolic accolades and give our team a bit of credit.

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
Debrusk toes the company line too much for me.
THANK YOU. And that is why i prefer Drew to LDB. I like listening to someone who will critique what is happening regardless of who is stroking the pay check. If i wanted boring, cliched analysis I’d listen to any/all intermission player interviews. we gotta protect more pucks, take one shift at a time, just gotta play our game, gotta get pucks in deep, Yada yada yada...snore

Reactions: Heavy Dee

booyakasha

Oct 11, 2007
Edmonton, AB
Remenda, with his, "look at this partner, he didn't shoot at the goalie, he made a pass, that's a pass, not a shot on net, partner, the Sharks practice this all the time, and have it in their repertoire, it's a pass they use regularly, to shoot at the goalies pads and use it as a pass"

RegDunlop

Nov 5, 2016
Edmonton
OT but I still want a thread to go to each game with the latest K Quinn's F ups! I find it very funny.

Rags score. Wait - post?
FFS he had me thinking Nuge scored the McD goal!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad