Remenda or DeBrusk?

Remenda or DeBrusk?

• Total voters

xoczar99ox

Oct 8, 2019
He used to make the players do absolutely foolish promo skits for game previews. You could tell the players hated him. Last thing I remember was my brother raging at the tv one day because he was so atrocious to watch/listen too. My brother picked up the phone and called City TV( I think they were covering the games locally at the time), and complained. They said the phone was ringing of the hook with complaints on him. The next day he was fired...lol!

Remenda needs to be shown the door as well. He absolutely ruins the experience for me while watching games. I wouldn’t be sad if Debrusk did all the Oiler games until I died.

Reactions: McLovin

GodPucker

Sep 27, 2017
This is like asking if you want to eat some ice cream (Debrusk) or do you want to go into the toilet and scoop out some turds to eat instead (Remenda)

Delicious Pancakes

Top Pocket Find
Apr 23, 2012
Home
He used to make the players do absolutely foolish promo skits for game previews. You could tell the players hated him. Last thing I remember was my brother raging at the tv one day because he was so atrocious to watch/listen too. My brother picked up the phone and called City TV( I think they were covering the games locally at the time), and complained. They said the phone was ringing of the hook with complaints on him. The next day he was fired...lol!

Remenda needs to be shown the door as well. He absolutely ruins the experience for me while watching games. I wouldn’t be sad if Debrusk did all the Oiler games until I died.

I'm picturing Debrusk dying before you do, but they still have him on as colour commentator.

PBP Guy: "Oh great save there! Now the puck goes into the corner and a long lead pass up the middle, they've got a breakaway...he's in!...and oh the puck just trickles wide and it's covered at the side of the crease. You've gotta love the way the Oilers are using those long breakout passes Louie."

Cut to mummified Debrusk in a coffin between the benches: "................
.........."

Cut back to PBP Guy: "Couldn't have said it better myself Louie."

xoczar99ox

Oct 8, 2019
I'm picturing Debrusk dying before you do, but they still have him on as colour commentator.

PBP Guy: "Oh great save there! Now the puck goes into the corner and a long lead pass up the middle, they've got a breakaway...he's in!...and oh the puck just trickles wide and it's covered at the side of the crease. You've gotta love the way the Oilers are using those long breakout passes Louie."

Cut to mummified Debrusk in a coffin between the benches: "................
.........."

Cut back to PBP Guy: "Couldn't have said it better myself Louie."
Lol! Still better than Nagy was or Remenda is...

ElysiumAB

Sep 12, 2013
I feel like when Remenda came over from the Sharks his opinions and words were unbearable, and he was just negative and annoying to listen to (as in, it literally seemed like he took joy in the Oiler's misfortune).

Then in the past couple seasons he seems to have become more neutral, positive even.

Then this year, I'm not sure I've even heard him say complete sentences. Just gibberish, and "WOW" and then some enthusiastic nonsense I can't decipher. After goals and going to some commercials it doesn't even sound like he's near a mic... it's just some old man from the Enter Sandman video mumbling at a barely audible level in the background.

Negative, to tolerable, to insane.

PLOT TWIST

Remenda > Debrusk!

Kidding. F Remenda.

Reactions: RegDunlop

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Remenda is just the worst. He said in an interview about a year ago that he hates that commentators are expected to be positive about the team they cover. The guy overcompensates by going in the other direction and he seems to enjoy it. He knows Oilers fans dislike him (he said his kids enjoy looking for negative comments on the internet and telling him). It's to the point where he is intentionally trolling now. He shouldn't be covering this team anymore. He needs to hit the reset button and ease into trolling some other fan base.

Reactions: Aerrol

Arpeggio

Jul 20, 2006
Edmonton
I can't say I've noticed either. Debrusk is easy to listen to, I find both just kind of fade into the background.

AM

Nov 22, 2004
Edmonton
It's always some dumb **** like 'oh McDavid really should've got that backcheck' WHILE MCDAVID IS ON THE BENCH. Dude has less useful opinions on Oilers games than an HF Flames poster.

Yes, he does fit right in to a certain extent.

However, usually there is a reason, the guy is drunk in the bar, and not at work.

Shaquille Oatmeal

Tier 2 Fan
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2015
Would you rather:

Listen to Remenda commentary

Or

Have a scrotum that filled with freshly popped pop corn every time you got aroused

PinSeeker

Really narrowed his eyyyyyyyyyesssssss
Aug 22, 2005
YLW
Would you rather:

Listen to Remenda commentary

Or

Have a scrotum that filled with freshly popped pop corn every time you got aroused
giphy.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad