Remenda or DeBrusk?

Remenda or DeBrusk?

• Total voters

Shaquille Oatmeal

Tier 2 Fan
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2015
I'm not sure how many games Remenda is slated to commentate this year but I find him almost unbearable. The last 2 games without him have been refreshing. Even my wife thinks he's a turd and she has very little interest in hockey. If I had my way it would be DeBrusk 100% for the rest of the season. A poll to see if a majority of people agree with me.

I Googled the schedule for Remenda/DeBrusk this year but didn't come up with much. Maybe somebody can share that information if they have it.

Side Note: Gene is a weird dude also but his level of cringe is so over the top that it is entertaining to watch him embarrass himself. He can stay.

oXo Cube

Power Play Merchant
Nov 4, 2008
In your closet
Extremely unpopular opinion for this board but I prefer Remenda* by a fair bit. I appreciate a guy that is actually willing to be critical of the Oilers which you just don't get from Louie.

*Provided the Oilers opponent for the evening isn't San Jose

Reactions: MessierII

Pulju Propagandist

Jesse’s Bison
Jul 7, 2016
Extremely unpopular opinion for this board but I prefer Remenda* by a fair bit. I appreciate a guy that is actually willing to be critical of the Oilers which you just don't get from Louie.

*Provided the Oilers opponent for the evening isn't San Jose
I'd rather LDB's neutral calm and easy to listen to voice and his smart consistent and relaxed commentary, than Remendas screechy nasally sounding voice and weird and outright wrong/bad takes.

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
I like DeBrusk more. Remenda is just too negative for me. He also gushes about the other teams players too much. I can handle Remenda when the team actually isnt playing well, but I find even when they are playing well, hes too much of a downer to enjoy.

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014
Okay I try my best to be open minded about other opinions but if you like Remenda more you're just wrong. I don't care if this is a personal opinion thing. Remenda's criticisms aren't even interesting ever. It's always some dumb shit like 'oh McDavid really should've got that backcheck' WHILE MCDAVID IS ON THE BENCH. Dude has less useful opinions on Oilers games than an HF Flames poster.

Louies voice is actually nice to listen to, he has useful insights from his playing background, he ACTUALLY SHUTS UP to let the play unfold, and he isn't obsessed with pretending to be the smartest guy in the room.

Reactions: harpoon and AM

Delicious Pancakes

Top Pocket Find
Apr 23, 2012
Home
This shouldn't even be a discussion lol. DeBrusk all day erry day.

This.

It's like asking if I was going to compare Marty Reasoner to a former Colorado Avalanche player who would I compare him to? Stephane Yelle or Joe Sakic? Sure, there'll be the occasional MacTavish who picks Sakic, but any competent person is going to pick Yelle.

Reactions: Aerrol

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
The way Sportsnet is going I won't be shocked if they get rid of everyone except the play by play guys.

missinthejets

Dec 24, 2005
Remenda's criticisms aren't even my problem with him.

I just can't stand how he tries to explain the most basic things, but with a tone like he's basically invented it and the viewers would never understand.
That's his California time showing through. You may need to dumb the game down for those markets but certainly not for a Canadian market.

Mowzie

Sep 17, 2003
I'm not sure how many games Remenda is slated to commentate this year but I find him almost unbearable. The last 2 games without him have been refreshing. Even my wife thinks he's a turd and she has very little interest in hockey. If I had my way it would be DeBrusk 100% for the rest of the season. A poll to see if a majority of people agree with me.

I Googled the schedule for Remenda/DeBrusk this year but didn't come up with much. Maybe somebody can share that information if they have it.

Side Note: Gene is a weird dude also but his level of cringe is so over the top that it is entertaining to watch him embarrass himself. He can stay.

Debrusk is Neal. Remenda is Lucic.

Smartguy

May 3, 2010
Edmonton
Remenda's criticisms aren't even my problem with him.

I just can't stand how he tries to explain the most basic things, but with a tone like he's basically invented it and the viewers would never understand.

That and he has very limited knowledge of the team, like less then most fans, he was just explaining last game about “our draft pick” Persson

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad