Reimer predicitions

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
Another blind Reimer lover
So far, no team wants him.
I like James Reimer.
But his on ice play is very bad.
He could play better, but I don't think he has it in him.
That's just my opinion.

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
So far, no team wants him.
I like James Reimer.
But his on ice play is very bad.
He could play better, but I don't think he has it in him.
That's just my opinion.

Not sure where you got the quote from, guess you made it up?

Either way, you're entitled to your opinion, but to say that a goalie that has posted save percentages of .921, .900, .924, & .911 in four seasons behind a team that is horrendous defensively is not an NHL caliber goalie, is ludicrous.
That's just my opinion.

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
The issue here is that James Reimer has almost no leverage at all. He's an RFA, in a very weak goaltender's market - go up and down the depth charts of the 30 teams and all of them have both a starter and a backup in place. That means that any potential trade will almost surely involve just a shuffle of backup goaltenders. Is that really good value for the Leafs?

Also - I think it speaks a little bit to the organizations concerns (justifiably) about what they are going to get out of Bernier. I think it's crazy to expect Bernier to repeat his .922 Sv% this coming season, and before the wheels fell of James Reimer was performing like a pretty admirable backup goaltender last year.

My guess is that Reimer remains in Toronto, in the back up role, unless the Leafs flip him somewhere else in a simple exchange of backups.

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
The other benefit the Leafs will have, is taking Reimer to arbritation.

Reimer will get killed in arb, and will likely end up with a contract in the $2 million - $2.6million range, which is a pretty good value contract for a backup goaltender who has upside, size, and something to prove. There may be a team that is wiling to flip a backup goaltender and a mediocre draft pick in exchange for Reimer.

Dugath

Jan 9, 2014
Berny doesn't seem to give a flying **** about what the fans think, much like kessel. He's got confidence in himself. That kind of swagger and the ability to be un-phased is really rare to see in such large market teams.

Not really sure what that had to do with my post but, ok :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad