Reimer predicitions

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On
From the Leafs perspective, then, the best thing the Club can do is try to negotiate a multi-year (two or three) agreement with Reimer with an AAV around $2.5-2.9 million. This kind of contract makes sense for a number of reasons; not the least of which is maximizing his value in a potential trade, but it also recognizes the fact that Jonathan Bernier has never played more than 55 games in an NHL season (and didn’t even make it through 55 games unscathed), and that James Reimer has demonstrated that he can be a starting goaltender in the NHL over a 20% greater sample size than Bernier with a comparable (.914 vs. .918) SV%. The other upside to signing such a contract (assuming Reimer was amenable to and willing to stay) is that it would give the Toronto Maple Leafs leverage over Jonathan Bernier in his up-coming contract negotiation in which he’ll certainly be seeking an increase on the $2.9 million AAV that he’s currently making on his expiring two-year deal. Without Reimer or another viable starting goaltender in place, the Leafs won’t have a leg to stand-on.
http://mapleleafshotstove.com/2014/07/03/james-reimer-elects-for-salary-arbitration/

I just can't see James wanting to stay here.....at all. So I'd like to see a trade......but is he worth the $$ to other teams?

Last edited:

TheGroceryStick

Jan 19, 2009
Ontario Canada
He gone.

'peg as a backup makes sense.

He isn't a good goalie; sorry James.

You make monster saves by lack crease knowledge and screw ups. If a team is looking for a guy with 100% athleticism, and 0% goaltender skill - he is your man.

varano

Jun 27, 2013
Toronto will sell low on him just to dump him.

4th rounder maybe.

Canadian Game

Jul 18, 2005
Ontario
I think the Leafs will move him sooner or later. He's a decent goalie but Carlyle just seems to have it out for him and I can't imagine him getting better when Carlyle his tearing down his confidence.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Nonis wants a ransom from him or simply expects him to play.
I just wnt him off the team. sell low move on.

JMcLeaf

Really not sure where he'll go. Hutchison deserves a chance with the Jets and it could be tricky for them to get rid of Pavelec. Looking around the league it seems everyone is pretty much set in net. Our only hope may be if a team wants an upgrade on their backup to create more competition in their net, but I can't see a team wanting to pay a lot to do that. Reimer had a terrible season and there's still a few options in free agency plus some other trade options maybe (Eddie Lack?) so I'm not going to get my hopes up for a good return. Hoping I'm pleasantly surprised but right now I'm assuming he'll either still be here once the season starts or we will get next to nothing in return for him.

TLeafsFan

A True BeLeafer
May 16, 2014
Eastern Ontario
yes. Better than someone who doesn't want to be here.

Plus, that report is from Josh Rimer, he is wrong more than Eklund. I remember when he said Ulf Samuelsson was 100% the new Canes head coach
LOL, but the fact is, management let a solid option for backup go for peanuts and possibly kicking tires on a washout.

Dumb.

Plus I'd wager that the only reason Reimer wants out is because of Carlyle. If he was gone, Reimer would have no problem staying.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
LOL, but the fact is, management let a solid option for backup go for peanuts and possibly kicking tires on a washout.

Dumb.

Plus I'd wager that the only reason Reimer wants out is because of Carlyle. If he was gone, Reimer would have no problem staying.

Reimer wants out because he wants to be a starter. Has nothing to do with Carlyle.

It's like Brodeur. He left New Jersey because he wants to play. Has nothing to do with DeBoer.

TLeafsFan

A True BeLeafer
May 16, 2014
Eastern Ontario
Reimer wants out because he wants to be a starter. Has nothing to do with Carlyle.

It's like Brodeur. He left New Jersey because he wants to play. Has nothing to do with DeBoer.

Different ends of their careers.

Shoulda kept the Reims/Scrivs duo and avoided this mess.

Nonis tried to fix what wasn't broken and missed the playoffs. Serves him right.

And don't tell me there isn't bad blood between Reimer and Carlyle now.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF

Nonis tried to fix what wasn't broken and missed the playoffs. Serves him right.

lol, We should make that Bernier trade 10/10 times. Goaltending wasn't broken, but an upgrade was available, and he took it.

Don't tell me you think Reimer = Bernier

Holymakinaw

May 22, 2007
Toronto
Reimer has had every opportunity to prove he deserves the starter's job here. And he's blown it. So qualify him, give him his modest raise on a one year deal, and keep trying to move him, as he's requested. But if we can't get half-decent value for him.......he's the Backup here.

If he REALLY wants to be traded, he'll step up and prove that he's WORTH something to some team out there.

colchar

Apr 26, 2012
He gone.

'peg as a backup makes sense.

He isn't a good goalie; sorry James.

You make monster saves by lack crease knowledge and screw ups. If a team is looking for a guy with 100% athleticism, and 0% goaltender skill - he is your man.

0% skill?

:facepalm:

The CyNick

Freedom of Speech!
Sep 17, 2009

I guess you felt Reimer looked stellar against Boston in game 7 and during the collapse last season.

But yeah I guess it wasn't broke.

The CyNick

Freedom of Speech!
Sep 17, 2009
Reimer has little to no options. He played like junk last year so no teams are interested in him as a starter and likely only a couple as a backup.

We would like to upgrade the position but there's little out there that is interested in the spot.

so we're like an old married couple that are stuck together and have no other prospects to get out of the relationship.

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina
He's a cost-controlled asset who's had one poor year. I can't see him going anywhere. Regardless of whether he wants out or not, as an RFA, he's Leafs property and therefore has essentially no options. And he's still a better choice than Brodeur.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Reimer has little to no options. He played like junk last year so no teams are interested in him as a starter and likely only a couple as a backup.

We would like to upgrade the position but there's little out there that is interested in the spot.

so we're like an old married couple that are stuck together and have no other prospects to get out of the relationship.

Nonis should have grown a pair and just gone out and gotten a Chad Johnson from free agency or something like that and moved on without Reimer.

James Reimer

I Stop Pucks
Oct 25, 2011
Toronto
I shed a tear reading all these nasty comments.

Seems none of you appreciate the Reimer from 2 years ago. Yeah he had a bad year last year, but still put up respectable numbers.

I agree asking for a trade then filing for arbitration is shady, but he'll still serve as a better back-up than guys like Brodeur or one of the marlies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad