Post-Game Talk: Reimer gets his vengeance, Canes win 6-3 in his return to Florida.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
I’m sure the practice lines were mostly done to send a message.

Which tells you, Q is even more pissed than fans.
You could sense from the radio interview that he was very disappointed and angry. Everything they'd been working on for weeks went out the window in the first period last night. Had a feeling the boys were in for it today, lol. Message sent with jumbling up the lines and just skating.
I bet Q had visions of that pitiful third goal allowed in his head everytime he told them to go again.

Reactions: Vilam

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
We were not likely to be a top-3 team like some were suggesting, but we're also not as bad as our current record suggests.

The Canes aren't going to go 82-0, neither are Edmonton or Anaheim. Zibanejad won't be the leading point getter in the league. Neal isn't going to win the Richard trophy. It's still early in the season, so let it play out before worrying too much.
Everyone understands that, but this isn't a problem new to this year. Nor is it one that can go unchanged much longer to the point of acceptable impatience

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
I watched the second and third today knowing the final score.

The team came out flat to start the second , and after they got the fifth goal scored on them they looked better. But the first cannot be ignored. It's only the third game of the season, so I'm not going to overreact. Odds are you will have a few games like that in the season, it's about how you deal with it after.

Not sure if Monty or Bob will start on Friday in Buffalo. Saturday on the island is at the old Nassau Coliseum, so it should be a tough game. They need to learn from this game and Q's bag skate . Interested to see the lines on Friday.

Obviously my lines didn't work tonight . I imagine though, it was just the players not showing up ready to play.

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..

In his second last article GR wrote on the Athletic, the one about Acci and the fourth line, he said that Acci played the last Stanley Cup Final through a fractured sternum, very painful injury. It still bothers him from time to time, but he just plays through the pain.

Day off well deserved.

Last edited:

pantherbot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2006
Everyone understands that, but this isn't a problem new to this year. Nor is it one that can go unchanged much longer to the point of acceptable impatience

Yeah I agree, I just think we should see how things evolve through the first dozen games or so before freaking out. I think Coach Q bag skating these guys and being pissed is an absolutely appropriate response. This team clearly has talent, they just need commitment and discipline. Time to see what these guys are really made of...

I'd also bet if by game 10 we aren't at least 4-5, we see somebody get shipped out (like Dads) to kick them in the ass.

panthersdu67

Oct 5, 2019
A lot of people saying we should trade some D, so, realistically, if Tallon were to trade MM or Ekblad, or both, who could we get in exchange ?

PBPantherfan

Feb 7, 2010
Lake Worth, FL
7A9E6F7E-FCD9-49FE-A2A2-2AEE87BCF17A.jpeg
A lot of people saying we should trade some D, so, realistically, if Tallon were to trade MM or Ekblad, or both, who could we get in exchange ?

Reactions: panthersdu67
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad