Post-Game Talk: Reimer gets his vengeance, Canes win 6-3 in his return to Florida.

Status
Not open for further replies.

FinlandPanther

Mar 16, 2009
Florida
Weegar may not be the most talented guy in the world, but he's also no bum, and I have no issue with this. He's obviously putting in the effort and has been playing well.
I should’ve stated I like Weegar and he’s been great so far but 1st pair may be a bit much. He’s looked great on the second though.

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
high expectations have created a lot of panic. at least give it until game 10 to freak out.
I’ll give it until game 4. I’m not judging them by win/lose, I’m judging them by effort, attitude, intent.

RogerRoger

Jul 23, 2013
Well yeah, no one has arguing those picks were a miss.
But a draft failure (imo) is if you draft players that dont manage to last multiple seasons in the NHL.
Its semantic I guess. Miss vs failure. If your gonna judge on misses, many teams miss multiple times in multiple drafts. Especially on gems picked late in the draft (Lundqvist, Datsyuk etc).
No one is saying that because your 5th rounder didn't pan out that your draft is a failure.
But when you have 5 picks in the top 36 (including the #3 pick) after gutting you team, it is a failure to end up with a; #5D, #3C, AHL, ECHL, #7D
I'm not sure there is a bigger draft failure since, heck even if the 2013 Flames draft is terrible but they at least got a #1C out of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->