Post-Game Talk: Refs 2, Pens 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
I really don't see us losing tomorrow. It would take some pretty bad luck imo, or the Sens suddenly playing a whole lot better.

It's not out of the question we lose, but it feels pretty unlikely.

But then again I thought Washington was gonna curb stomp us in game 7 and we pulled out the game of the season out of nowhere. I don't think the Sens are a good enough team to do that though unless Karlsson goes hog wild.

Sens are not looking that good since we put in Murray, we are now out shooting them alot unlike before. Pens have also dominated Sens 2 games in a row but Sens lucked out a win because of out of this world goaltending. I can see Anderson playing like this again for game 7, Pens are going to have to find ways of beating him 5 on 5. This is their game and i'll be at my buddies watching it where i am 4-1 these playoffs at his place.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Sens are not looking that good since we put in Murray, we are now out shooting them alot unlike before. Pens have also dominated Sens 2 games in a row but Sens lucked out a win because of out of this world goaltending. I can see Anderson playing like this again for game 7, Pens are going to have to find ways of beating him 5 on 5. This is their game and i'll be at my buddies watching it where i am 4-1 these playoffs at his place.

Will be key to get out to an early lead. The team that scores first in game 7s wins quite often. Even higher than normal iirc.

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me
Will be key to get out to an early lead. The team that scores first in game 7s wins quite often. Even higher than normal iirc.

That's why I worry about falling behind early to a trap team. It's an uphill battle. Not mentioning the fact the Pens have yet to win a game when they don't score first.

Nonetheless, I'm more confident in this group than the DB Penguins. I knew they weren't winning that game 7 in 2014.

Palumbo

Apr 29, 2017
I'm in agreement with this. I don't think refs are malicious, they are just genuinely awful. The league needs consistency if they want a more marketable product.
Or is it just that the league (and the networks) want as many games as possible to pay all the salaries and advertising time? Doesn't explain the Preds-Hawks 1st round series, but...

UnderratedBrooks44

Sep 13, 2005
Miranda's house
Or is it just that the league (and the networks) want as many games as possible to pay all the salaries and advertising time? Doesn't explain the Preds-Hawks 1st round series, but...

Then why did the league/the refs/whoever "allow" us to put up 46 shots? If they were dying for a 7 game series they did a terrible job last night. This is why arguments like yours are horse ****. They made bad calls, the number of which depends on who you ask, and they let a lot of stuff go. It's almost like hundreds of other playoff games that have come and gone.

Too many conspiracy theories based on a freakin one goal game that was decided on a shot that gets blocked or goes wide 99 times out of 100.

madinsomniac

Jul 3, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
If the Pens lose and can't come back tomorrow, just turn Karlsson's ankles into a dust so fine they can't be repaired. What Sid deals with is unconscionable.

You bever purposely injure a player else you are scum....

Besides Karlsson quietly has had a ****** series... he has personally given up a ton of bad breaks the other way... if it weren't for full out mauling the other pens by his icemates him playing this hurt might be looking horrible on the stat sheet...

I don't actually think Karlsson has even been a factor in this series... its all system at this point

BigEezyE22

Continuing to not support HF.
Feb 2, 2007
Jersey
You bever purposely injure a player else you are scum....

Besides Karlsson quietly has had a ****** series... he has personally given up a ton of bad breaks the other way... if it weren't for full out mauling the other pens by his icemates him playing this hurt might be looking horrible on the stat sheet...

I don't actually think Karlsson has even been a factor in this series... its all system at this point

Be scum and swing away.

Last edited:

BigEezyE22

Continuing to not support HF.
Feb 2, 2007
Jersey
And you had to create an entirely new profile just to come here and say that. Gutless.

Either way, save your white knighting for the main boards. Don't come to the Pens board with this garbage. Bottom line, the Sens fans this playoffs have been some of the worst fans HF boards has ever had the displeasure of having to tolerate. And that's really saying something. Don't here trying to defend them or their team after that debacle last night.

Is this that tuna clown?

Pens1566

Aug 2, 2005
WV
Seriously, Ottawa fans for the last 2 weeks have been some of the worst I've ever dealt with on HF.

Hobodrifter

Jan 23, 2009
Jeannette
P no can end all this nonsense tomorrow. Really hope they destroy them and send their fans here into hiding. God forbid Ottawa wins, their fans will be invading this board to demand our recognition of the Sen's spunk and gritty grittiness.

madinsomniac

Jul 3, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
Seriously ive never seen so many posters with questionable accounts posting in the pens thread... the occasional troll and well wisher and rarely someone talking xs n os but this is absurd.... literally this is sad...

madinsomniac

Jul 3, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
P no can end all this nonsense tomorrow. Really hope they destroy them and send their fans here into hiding. God forbid Ottawa wins, their fans will be invading this board to demand our recognition of the Sen's spunk and gritty grittiness.

Boucher os a guttless coach who reverts to chump hockey when outplayed... its how he came back on us before... its what he is doing now... no honor and certainly not deserving respect... Karlsson deserves better imho... gritty d is one thing... muggings and praying for your goalie to bail you out is just crap...

madinsomniac

Jul 3, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
Boucher os a guttless coach who reverts to chump hockey when outplayed... its how he came back on us before... its what he is doing now... no honor and certainly not deserving respect... Karlsson deserves better imho... gritty d is one thing... muggings and praying for your goalie to bail you out is just crap...

I should add that most of the sens players are just doing as told... i think its like Tampa... its the sustem not the players leading to the crap...

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA
Seriously, Ottawa fans for the last 2 weeks have been some of the worst I've ever dealt with on HF.

Without a doubt. They have been insufferable with their constant lack of respect diatribe and it's quite hilarious that even before the series started they *****ed about how the refs would favor Pittsburgh. Yup, definitely saw that last night didn't we.:shakehead

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007

They are trash, but at the same time, I can see losing silently a lot more painful than playing dirty. Especially with a league that fosters garbage mentality.

I give more props to (SOME) Pens fans who just like hockey and the team where they are from and not getting caught up in fights verbally or physical over something they have no control over, apart from throwing beer on the ice.

madinsomniac

Jul 3, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
If the Sens made the Cup finals would they even sell out any of the games?

You know i saw a post about how the pens hadn't sold every ticket yet either... i find that subject rather tacky however if the pens and their years of sell outs with Crosby malkin and Kessel... didnt sell out a home game 7 of a conference finals that would say more about the brand of hocket ottawa plays moreso than the pens fans, who have already proven their enthusiasm for good hockey throughout this era...

Playing some 1-3-1 is one thing... trapping 24*7 with full on clutch and grabbing enacted isnt hockey... its crap...

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Meh, the playoffs are a small sample size. Any player can put together a small string of decent games.

The thing is, Adams didn't even have a string of decent games for that sample size. He sucked when he had 2 points in 13 games. But it's still better than what #14's been laying down. :laugh:

I know what it is like to have crappy players inexplicably attached to far better players, (McDonagh-Girardi/D. Moore-Glass), while other players get shafted (Buchnevich/Clendening). Still, having Chris Kunitz ride shotgun to Crosby/Malkin is a problem 29 other fanbases would kill to have. ;)

I do realize how lucky I am to be able to watch Crosby and Malkin every night. I'm a native Winnipegger and I spent a lot of nights watching the original Jets lose before they left for Phoenix and I switched allegiances. It's a treat to see 2 superstars in their prime.

But when you're going for a Cup and the margin for error is slim, nullifying a superstar at ES every night for no good reason is frustrating. We're instantly a better team when #14 is out of the top 9.

madinsomniac

Jul 3, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
Meh Adams was a borderline 4th liner with heart and grit who lost a step but stayed in the lineup because he was a coaches pet... Kunitz was a borderline star or at least legit top liner.. he lost a step but is no where near as bad as 37 year old adams was

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Meh Adams was a borderline 4th liner with heart and grit who lost a step but stayed in the lineup because he was a coaches pet... Kunitz was a borderline star or at least legit top liner.. he lost a step but is no where near as bad as 37 year old adams was

Curious then that he's been unable to outproduce Adams' last run despite playing a lot more minutes, and with superstar linemates.

If you are the least productive forward on the team despite being put in the best scoring situations on the team, you've lost more than a step. If you can't manage double-digits in goals over 84 games (reg season and playoffs) beside the best centers in the world, you've lost more than a step. If you're on a line with the best centers in the world for 14 playoff games and can't outscore Pekka Rinne, you've lost more than a step. Matt Cullen's 3 years older, is better than Kunitz at everything other than scoring, and has tripled his playoff production to boot.

Why people are minimizing the effect of putting a player in the top 6 who's not only incapable of producing offense himself but brings down the production of everyone he plays with, I don't know. People rightfully flipped their **** when Bylsma put Iggy on his off-side so that Dupuis could play with Sid. This personnel decision is actually worse.

Last edited:

NMK11

Apr 6, 2013
Curious then that he's been unable to outproduce Adams' last run despite playing a lot more minutes, and with superstar linemates.

If you are the least productive forward on the team despite being put in the best scoring situations on the team, you've lost more than a step. If you can't manage double-digits in goals over 84 games (reg season and playoffs) beside the best centers in the world, you've lost more than a step. If you're on a line with the best centers in the world for 14 playoff games and can't outscore Pekka Rinne, you've lost more than a step. Matt Cullen's 3 years older, is better than Kunitz at everything other than scoring, and has tripled his playoff production to boot.

Why people are minimizing the effect of putting a player in the top 6 who's not only incapable of producing offense himself but brings down the production of everyone he plays with, I don't know. People rightfully flipped their **** when Bylsma put Iggy on his off-side so that Dupuis could play with Sid. This personnel decision is actually worse.

Holy **** youre right. I thought that was just a joke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad