Reformatted OHL Draft Pick Database

TcNorth

Jan 25, 2015
ScoresFromCentre, could you please update the database from the most recent trades? What a great tool you have created for all to follow. So much appreciated!

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
ScoresFromCentre, could you please update the database from the most recent trades? What a great tool you have created for all to follow. So much appreciated!

Looks like Flint’s picks are updated...Ham 2nd, Sud 3rd - 2019

BarberPole9

Nov 3, 2013
Ottawa
I believe that the 5th round pick in the 67's-Missy deal is contingent on Shaw Boomhower playing an overage season next year.

count35

Nov 26, 2014
Soo
Is there a way to find the OHL Draft Database updated with today's Soo-Erie trade?

count35

Nov 26, 2014
Soo
Quick question here but who updates this database linked in this forum. I see some posters thanking ScoresfromCenter?

Reactions: LDN

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
I mentioned in another topic that I would have a go at revising Peter Kneulman's excellent OHL Draft Pick Database (available on his personal website here). Peter's list is extremely comprehensive, and I can only imagine how much time he's spent updating it over the years to ensure it remains current. Unfortunately, as another poster pointed out, his list isn't particularly viewer-friendly. With that in mind, I've reformatted his list as a Google document.

The full database is available here. It contains my best guess at to which team holds each pick in the next ten years of OHL drafts*, based on Peter's list, the OHL website, sfan's essential "Trades" topics on this forum, and a bit of my own Google sleuthing.

The document is never going to be 100% accurate. However, I'm pleased to announce that the database predicted 98.3% of all picks in the 2017 Priority Selection correctly. Way to go, everyone! Please keep in mind, however, that some of the pick assignments in the database are best-guess solutions, and contain some uncertainty. If anyone out there knows or suspects a pick assignment is incorrect, please let me know! I would appreciate if fans could review their teams' full lists to ensure their accuracy, as well.

The big stumbling point to a complete list is the issue of conditional picks. Though I attempted to determine which conditions came with which trades and whether or not they've been converted, there are a number of picks for which I was able to find little to no information. If anyone sees a conditional pick for which he or she knows the condition has or hasn't been met, please let me know and I'll make that change as well (a link with some information is helpful, but not necessary). In many cases, teams don't even release conditional information publicly, but I know many of the posters here are well-connected, so I'm counting on you to help make this list as complete as possible!

Of course, if you see any errors, please let me know and I'll try to correct them ASAP. The list is current to the 2017 OHL Priority Selection, and I'll continue updating it once the trade freeze is lifted June 1st as new trades are posted on the OHL website. I hope you all find the database useful!

----------------------------------

*Thanks to Warren Rychel's incessant dealing, the database now stretches to 2026.
Would you mind updating the database? Thank you.

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
Database is updated with everything except for the conditional details. Sorry for the delay!

Let me know if I missed anything.
What do you do for work to be so good with data sheets? btw thanks so much for making this amazing Database.

coolwood

Dec 9, 2016
Database is updated with everything except for the conditional details. Sorry for the delay!

Let me know if I missed anything.
Maybe this happened after you updated it but you're missing the Max Jones trade. Thank you for updating it

Wolfman Jack

Jan 19, 2009
You will be up late tomorrow with all these late deals today. Would love to see what our draft cupboard looks after today. Quite the deals.

WJ

TcNorth

Jan 25, 2015
ScoresFromCentre, regarding Flint’s 2024 conditional 2nd round pick, Flint get’s it should Nicolas Mattinen play his OA season with Hamilton. (Per Flint Firebirds Press Release 1/09/18). This is one that is not in your “conditions”.

Last edited:

ScoresFromCentre

Jan 29, 2016
Hi folks, I no longer have the time or, really, the inclination to maintain this database. I'm looking for an ardent OHL fan with an eye for detail and a willingness to trawl the Internet for arcane details of trade conditions to take over this project. If you're interested, shoot me a PM.

coolwood

Dec 9, 2016
Hey guys, I've been helping ScoresFromCentre update the database since this past trade deadline. I wasn't able to update conditions for a while but I'm trying to slowly catch up. However, I've become a little stuck with a condition in the Robert Thomas trade. Because Hamilton won this year their 3rd round pick in 2022 was upgraded to a 2nd in 2023 to London. However, this pick was then traded to Flint for Nicolas Mattinen (non-conditional). If anyone has any info on this then it'd be appreciated. Thanks.

Reactions: ScoresFromCentre

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->