Referee Dean Morton tells Brendan Gallagher to go f*** himself (WARNING LANGUAGE IN VIDEO)

guzzy

Jul 6, 2005
Please what? Lol aren’t the refs supposed to be unbiased and conduct themselves in a personal manor? I get sworn at on a daily basis at the job I work at, if I were to swear back at my clients I would be fired.
Yes because standing up for themselves is such a bad reflection of a human being. If a player is being a twat waffle you should be able to call him out on that.

Last edited:

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
Reactions: Nifty Sauce

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
We just got Ron Hainsey randomly yelling a "WTF" tonight, in a re-set behind the net. Like, nothing happened. Refs get a lot of bull**** thrown there way, so they give some back. I honestly don't think the players care. If you ever look at the player polls articles, they actually respect those refs if they are straight up.

Agreed. I'm sure a player would rather go tell a ref to wake up and get his head out of his ass, and be told to f*** off, rather than get another penalty and make his team short handed. Players want to speak their mind and not be punished for it. So the ref speaks his mind back and doesnt punish the player. Big nothing burger thread

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
a person snapping one time while doing a job which you get abused 24/7? jee wiz how Bizzare! I pray that the people who are complaining about this trying to gain some sort of "one up" on a ref cause he hurts your team get some humanity.

PensPlz

Dec 23, 2009
Pittsburgh
Go f*** myself?

AmusedFatherlyArgusfish-size_restricted.gif

Reactions: North Cole

ZenOil

Fast Twitch Hitch
Sep 23, 2010
Vancouver
Yeah I was going to chew him out, but that's a high pressure job. Wouldn't be easy to stay composed.

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
Here is what Montreal is looking to get called a penalty. Bench was losing their mind after a blatant dive.

That was ridiculous. Good on that ref. Not only were they trying to milk a call with that dive, but the audacity to go after the refs when the game was one? Nawww f*** that. Gallagher had it coming.

Monsieur Miz

Nov 3, 2017
Everytime the Canadiens lose, Julien whines about the refs.

He always shakes his head after a call. He shouts at them like a chimp. I mean, the players are just emulating how their coach behaves.

Gamimenos

Apr 28, 2009
Yup, they've been on the receiving end of preferential treatment for so long, they don't know what an impartial ref looks like.

I will assume this was sarcasm as someone posting on here can't possibly say this without having seen the waves of ref hating threads from other fanbases.

Reactions: Matt Riddle bro

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Please. Players say the same to refs every day
lmaooo you wish. They can get angry at the refs. But if you think they can say that to the ref without being ejected then you're out to lunch

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
I know Brendan Gallagher is the size of a child, but he is in fact an adult. I’m sure he can handle that kind of language.

Reactions: Merrrlin

fancy dan

too many losing
Jun 21, 2011
It seems as though refereeing in the NHL has been getting consistently worse. a referee should never be angry and yet we see them emotional and angry often.

Merrrlin

Grab the 9 iron, Barry!
Jul 2, 2019
That Armia flop is hilarious.

I bet Gally and the rest of the Habs will be embarrassed when they see that replay.

Merrrlin

Grab the 9 iron, Barry!
Jul 2, 2019
Please what? Lol aren’t the refs supposed to be unbiased and conduct themselves in a personal manor? I get sworn at on a daily basis at the job I work at, if I were to swear back at my clients I would be fired.

In your head, are the Players the customers in this strange comparison?

Reactions: ZeHockeyFan

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
As long as the ref is capable of calling the game objectively then this is not an issue in any way.

castle

Dec 2, 2011
Australia
Curious if he was one of the refs when Gallagher got held down in the offensive zone and the referee just look and didn't do anything while the D just kept him down and kept him offside.

edit found it

Nope Wes McCauley and Frederick L'Ecuyer that night. Refs have been bad and the people handing out suspensions have been even worst

The refs got that one right though. McCauley did an admirable job there

The Kessel Run

Jun 7, 2011

have you never played hockey before?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad